Offense or Defense

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I know any win is a good one, but if we can only dominate one side of the ball would you rather it be offense or defense. We can’t seem to ever put both together, so which do you prefer? For me, I enjoy relying on offense more than D and miss the hell out of the Dana and Monken days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I know any win is a good one, but if we can only dominate one side of the ball would you rather it be offense or defense. We can’t seem to ever put both together, so which do you prefer? For me, I enjoy relying on offense more than D and miss the hell out of the Dana and Monken days.

Give me a team that knows we’re never out of it because you have to score 50 to beat us. Any day of the week. I love our defense. Love everything about. But you have to score to win.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Give me a team that knows we’re never out of it because you have to score 50 to beat us. Any day of the week. I love our defense. Love everything about. But you have to score to win.
We never had one of those. We had a team that knew we had to score 50 because our D was going to give up 49

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
We never had one of those. We had a team that knew we had to score 50 because our D was going to give up 49

So? You’re the one constantly reminding everyone of how great Yurcich was and now you’re arguing against wanting a Top x offense?

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
They can’t beat you if they can’t score
Give me this D every year, please
How many shutouts occur a year? Even the talking heads are shifting their narrative this year away from defense. Why? Because the teams ‘known’ for defense suddenly can’t stop anyone.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I know shutouts are rare, maybe the new phrase is “they can’t beat you if they don’t score often”

and we know in the past, they scored often

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Nick Saban comes out and says in today’s collegiate game good offense will beat good defense. So he’s finally caved...at least a bit. Weird how the Big 12 and SEC are polar opposite.

Remember 2011 when the Bama v LSU game was like 6-9. The press thought those powerful SEC defenses would eat our lunch because D wins championships. Still bitter we didn’t get a shot at that.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

So? You’re the one constantly reminding everyone of how great Yurcich was and now you’re arguing against wanting a Top x offense?
The question is either or. I personally want both. A balanced team excelling in all 3 phases would be best.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I enjoy having a good (great for us) defense, I would like to see an offense that consistently possess the ball a minimum of 3 minutes per drive. It's not necessary to score on every possession but it is important to give the defense time to recover. While chunk plays are very exciting I would rather have an offense that picks up 3 to 5 yards per play consistently than one that gets 1 yard for 6 plays and then 25 on the 7th.