OAN busted

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
https://rumor.press
Foxnews
Cnn
USA Today
NYT
Chicago Tribune
LA Times
Washington Times
Washington Post
Texas Tribune
WSJ
Sun Sentinel south Florida
Epoch Times
Huffington Post
Natural News
Zerohedge
Breibart
Newsmax
BBC
NY Post
Politico
Lifesitenews
DailyMail
Big League Politics
Yahoo
Abc
Cbs
Nbc
RT
Aljazeera
France 24
Sky News
Business Insider
DailyNews
Blacklisted News
Harbingers Daily
Info Wars
Headline USA
Msn
The Guardian
WND
The American Conservative
GP
Daily Wire
Reuters
And am sure that whomever visits that news headline amalgamator are gonna click on the headlines that they are attracted to or they need to support their already pre-conceived notions.

"Main stream media" is an outdated notion entirely. And the fact that rumor press reports headlines from Info Wars, RT, Aljazeera, Breitbart, Epoch timesand "Blacklisted News" along side Reuters, NYT, the "Big Three", etc. kind of establishes the truth of that.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Do you put the AP in this grouping?
AP itself is one of the more non-partisan media outlets that I can think of, but it is a unincorporated cooperative of newspapers and broadcasters. A good number of those newpapers and broadcasters that associated with AP slap their own headlines, spin, and additional commentary on the factual reporting they receive as a result of their agreement.

e.g. "AP reported this, additional services obtained by XYZ say...."

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
And am sure that whomever visits that news headline amalgamator are gonna click on the headlines that they are attracted to or they need to support their already pre-conceived notions.

"Main stream media" is an outdated notion entirely. And the fact that rumor press reports headlines from Info Wars, RT, Aljazeera, Breitbart, Epoch timesand "Blacklisted News" along side Reuters, NYT, the "Big Three", etc. kind of establishes the truth of that.
It’s in agreement with your prior statement.

You don’t have to click anything to see the blatant lies of everyone involved. The main stories are carried across most of them but the headline ‘wording’ has been manipulated based on the perceived bias of the customer. Actually, quite sad to see, and the realizations that we all have been played against each other is infuriating.

Media is becoming a sports bookie. They don’t care which sides wins as long as they get their vig.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
It’s in agreement with your prior statement.

You don’t have to click anything to see the blatant lies of everyone involved. The main stories are carried across most of them but the headline ‘wording’ has been manipulated based on the perceived bias of the customer. Actually, quite sad to see, and the realizations that we all have been played against each other is infuriating.

Media is becoming a sports bookie. They don’t care which sides wins as long as they get their vig.
Received. Understood. Agreed.

Sep 22, 2011
Can we all at least acknowledge that the term "Main Stream Media" is meaningless at this point? There is no such thing as "main stream media" in today's world.

Outlets like OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, etc. are every bit as "Main Stream" for about half of the population at this point as CNN, NBC, etc. is "Main Stream" for about the other half of the population.

In today's information technology age, the entire media stream is segmented and everyone ends up picking whatever stream of media confirms whatever bias they may have and want confirmed. The media companies know this and fashion their reporting to attract whatever group they're hoping to catch.

They're all guilty of it. Hell, some companies (as indicated here) are releasing media from different outlets with different reporting to attempt to get all the market.
I never liked the term, I have used corporate media instead, as for the best/worst inventions discussion, I would go with the add revenue business model that the world runs off of now. It has made news, media, tech, social media all the worst versions of themselves all in the name of things remaining “free”

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I never liked the term, I have used corporate media instead, as for the best/worst inventions discussion, I would go with the add revenue business model that the world runs off of now. It has made news, media, tech, social media all the worst versions of themselves all in the name of things remaining “free”
I don't think "corporate media" really differentiates it effectively either. Almost all of the media sites and sources we talk about here are "corporate" owned or driven. That's just my opinion.

Mar 11, 2006
I’m not sure it ever existed but what a dream it would be if we could find apolitical, non bias nor bribe-able individuals to break down stories of importance and show at least the main opposing views. What a show that would be.
I think some of cable news networks started out to be non-bias (or limited bias) --- but money and other influences migrated their views over time.

CNN used to be pretty moderate. But Fox News started dominating them in the ratings and MSNBC actually eventually passed them as well. Zucker completely changed how they do news and now they are very heavy on analysis and opinion --- even during the day.

Fox News actually had a liberal co-host with Hannity. But they saw an opportunity to appeal to right-wing viewers feeling neglected from the media --- and they kept turning right.

MSNBC started simply as a way for NBC to monetize NBC news (with needed investment from Microsoft). MSNBC was relatively bias-free (as much as that is possible) until later in Bush's term. They hired Keith Olbermann and they saw how being loud helped them steal CNN viewers and they went left.

Prediction: I don't see Fox News or MSNBC making any changes to their formula. It is working for them. But CNN is truly suffering (they are 3rd in all primetime time slots ratings-wise) and AT&T is a new owner and they can't be pleased with results.
AT&T is going to shake-up CNN sometime in the next 24-months. I could definitely see CNN doing a major format change and becoming news only --- they have the network "Headline News" but it adds little in revenue to them now. I think there is a market for less biased news and they could look to stake their flag there. With their minimal ratings but tremendous brand name -- it might have little downside.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I think some of cable news networks started out to be non-bias (or limited bias) --- but money and other influences migrated their views over time.

CNN used to be pretty moderate. But Fox News started dominating them in the ratings and MSNBC actually eventually passed them as well. Zucker completely changed how they do news and now they are very heavy on analysis and opinion --- even during the day.

Fox News actually had a liberal co-host with Hannity. But they saw an opportunity to appeal to right-wing viewers feeling neglected from the media --- and they kept turning right.

MSNBC started simply as a way for NBC to monetize NBC news (with needed investment from Microsoft). MSNBC was relatively bias-free (as much as that is possible) until later in Bush's term. They hired Keith Olbermann and they saw how being loud helped them steal CNN viewers and they went left.

Prediction: I don't see Fox News or MSNBC making any changes to their formula. It is working for them. But CNN is truly suffering (they are 3rd in all primetime time slots ratings-wise) and AT&T is a new owner and they can't be pleased with results.
AT&T is going to shake-up CNN sometime in the next 24-months. I could definitely see CNN doing a major format change and becoming news only --- they have the network "Headline News" but it adds little in revenue to them now. I think there is a market for less biased news and they could look to stake their flag there. With their minimal ratings but tremendous brand name -- it might have little downside.
If it’s possible, my 16 year posting history reads like a typical political evolution. Starts off full of hope and progressive ideas and is currently at hoping all politicians get special hells after earth.

As such, my viewing tastes changed. I’ve been through all of those stations at one point or another. CNN just sticks out in my brain. How can they fall so hard? Voluntarily? Regardless, glad they did.

COVID has woken me up. All the leadership I ever needed was already within me. Just glad it wasn’t too late.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
As soon as people understand that "media" outlets are a business, and not the conveyer of "truth and factual news," the quicker people will stop the fascination of said media outlets.

A Saudi prince owns a minority share of Twenty-First Century Fox, the parent corporation of Fox News, via an investment firm. Doh! See how silly all of this nonsense is? Let's stop worshipping media.
That's easy to say, but we want to get a source for news somewhere and it's hard to find anyone that doesn't have an agenda. When I ask what the alternative is I always end up looking at some website that also has the latest updates on Bigfoot, articles about magnets sticking to people who got the covid vaccine, or stuff about how climate change is intentionally perpetuated to keep trans gendered people from getting equitable pay.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I could definitely see CNN doing a major format change and becoming news only --- they have the network "Headline News" but it adds little in revenue to them now. I think there is a market for less biased news and they could look to stake their flag there. With their minimal ratings but tremendous brand name -- it might have little downside.
I want to believe this but news outlets are run by people, and people can't resist putting their own spin on things. This is also one of those things where we all shake hands and agree we want non biased news, then run to the news that reinforces our own bias. It's human nature I guess.