Now the question is how many fans get in

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
Now that we have a football season, will they allow ...
A) 100%
B) 50%
C) 30%
D) 25 %
of the fans in?

And how are they going to decide who gets what games if they go with restricted numbers? Posse Points?

I think Students should get 100% of games and as manyin the stadium as possible. They are the rowdiest fan base (except in the 2nd half after homecoming).. lol...which we need. If they go off Posse Points, thats the old farts (Im almost there...) that dont yell as much. (Definitely not me!!)

Mar 11, 2006
Now that we have a football season, will they allow ...
A) 100%
B) 50%
C) 30%
D) 25 %
of the fans in?

And how are they going to decide who gets what games if they go with restricted numbers? Posse Points?

I think Students should get 100% of games and as manyin the stadium as possible. They are the rowdiest fan base (except in the 2nd half after homecoming).. lol...which we need. If they go off Posse Points, thats the old farts (Im almost there...) that dont yell as much. (Definitely not me!!)
I am hoping my Posse Points are enough. I am guessing 20k max.

Feb 18, 2009
I can see them doing 50%
It may depend on what everyone else does. From a financial standpoint, the 25% number creates huge monetary discrepancies when you are competing with 100K seat stadiums.

In a utopian world (please look that up if you're unfamiliar with that term before slamming the reply button) I would love to see us play 3-4 weeks, no huge issues around the conference and have Holder and Hargis open it up. If you want to go, go. If not, don't. I do not care about how crazy that might sound, it's Utopia. It's hypothetical. It's an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect.

So, has there been any word how the reduction in seats will play out with the current season ticket holders? In other words, will only ~15k of the 50k season ticket holders get tickets to all 5 home games? Or will they split games where all 50k season ticket holders get tickets to only 2-3 games?

I get that many will opt out. If I only get 2 games, I may opt out to let others get more this year and I'll back next year.

So, has there been any word how the reduction in seats will play out with the current season ticket holders? In other words, will only ~15k of the 50k season ticket holders get tickets to all 5 home games? Or will they split games where all 50k season ticket holders get tickets to only 2-3 games?

I get that many will opt out. If I only get 2 games, I may opt out to let others get more this year and I'll back next year.
Nevermind. Just got an email from ticket office for a season ticket survey. Options were given for all, partial, or none. Looks like either scenario is still in play.

Jul 19, 2018
Texas
Not on here much, but had to see what the discussion was about next season. I just got the email to season ticket holders to see if we want to opt out for the season or not. But there isn't enough info for me to decide...

What will the stadium capacity be? 100% if that many opt-in? 75%, 50% or 25%? That would influence my decision. I don't know what the capacity number is for just student and season ticket holders.

They say they're going to require masks, but are they going to have people in charge of actually enforcing that? Or do I have to tell the drunk guy behind me to put his mask back on when he's screaming over my shoulder? Or maybe no one outside of your group is going to be that close...

If I opt-in, but can't (or decide not to) attend a game, can I still sell those tickets? I would assume that's a yes, but I want to know for sure.

And the decision has to be made by Monday, but then if this thing gets better or worse in another month, no take-backs, I guess? That makes sense, I know they have to plan...

I just don't know how to answer this when no specifics have been given.

Jul 15, 2005
Are they going to refund the two home non-conference games they've already cancelled?

Are they going to refund the difference in what I paid for my seat location and the seat location they assign me to?

Jul 22, 2014
Are they going to refund the two home non-conference games they've already cancelled?

Are they going to refund the difference in what I paid for my seat location and the seat location they assign me to?
I called the ticket office with similar questions. Prices will be pro-rated for the amount of games.

If you opt-in you will be given a new seat selection time like previous, and you can select your seats from the new seating map. If you select seats in a cheaper/pricier section then you will get a refund or additional charge based on your selection.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
OK, I got the survey to work....

3 options.
- Keep them all
- Keep some
- Opt out of all games.

I opted to keep all games.

I guess I have 2 questions;
- if my seats I end up with are not as good as what I normally have, will I be "rebated" for the price difference between my normal lets say "club" seat and where they put me...?
- My other question is if we already know that I paid for 7 home games but there will only be 5 home games, will I get a refund of the other 2 games or will they apply to my renewal for next year? I hope they give us a choice. When will the refund (if allowed) occur?

(Well, looks like those questions were answered while I was typing them)

Jul 19, 2018
Texas
I called the ticket office and they don't know what the percentage of stadium capacity will be until they see how many people want to keep their tickets.

Masks will be required and the security staff should be enforcing. I can go find one if someone is not.

I'm honestly torn between opting in (really want to!) or sitting this year out (seems like the smart thing to do). To say 2020 has sucked is a huge understatement.

Mar 11, 2006
OK, I got the survey to work....

3 options.
- Keep them all
- Keep some
- Opt out of all games.

I opted to keep all games.

I guess I have 2 questions;
- if my seats I end up with are not as good as what I normally have, will I be "rebated" for the price difference between my normal lets say "club" seat and where they put me...?
- My other question is if we already know that I paid for 7 home games but there will only be 5 home games, will I get a refund of the other 2 games or will they apply to my renewal for next year? I hope they give us a choice. When will the refund (if allowed) occur?

(Well, looks like those questions were answered while I was typing them)
They did email us earlier that they would prorate based on home games under 6 games. I don’t know about donation. My assumption is donation level won’t change unless you want to give up priority.
I also chose to keep all my season tickets for this year. I am anxious to get out and attend home games —- with my Pistol Pete mask.