Nothing to see here

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
https://technofog.substack.com/p/cuomos-covid-cover-up

Reporting from the New York Post tonight confirms what the public has long suspected: that New York Democrats, under Governor Andrew Cuomo’s leadership, hid the real numbers of nursing home COVID deaths to avoid political accountability and to slither out of a Department of Justice investigation.

Please read the New York Post piece. The excerpts of the audio recording of New York Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa are damning.

And then consider the timeline.

January 31, 2020: Based on a new study of COVID spread, Dr. Anthony Fauci states “asymptomatic transmission is occurring.”
February 18, 2020: Largest study (at the time) concludes that elderly are most at risk from COVID.
March 2, 2020: NPR reports that nursing homes are uniquely vulnerable to COVID.
March 25, 2020: The New York Department of Health issues this mandate to all nursing homes in the state: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19.” The order also prohibited nursing homes from requiring a COVID test from a previously hospitalized resident before admission. By this time, as outlined above, it was known that asymptomatic spread was occurring - and that the elderly were the most vulnerable to COVID.
August 26, 2020: The Department of Justice requests “COVID-10 data from the governors of states that issued orders which may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents.”
October 27, 2020: DOJ Civil Division sends a letter to Michael G. Bass, Deputy General Counsel of the NY State Health Department, requesting “information regarding COVID-19 and privately operated nursing homes.”
October 28, 2020: Reporting confirms that DOJ “ramps up inquiry into NY care home deaths”
November 3(ish), 2020: Joe Biden is elected president.
January 28, 2021: New York Attorney General Letitia James reveals an investigation’s findings that New York nursing home deaths “may be more than 50 percent higher” than Governor Cuomo’s administration claims.
January 29, 2021: In response to questions on the NY AG’s report and the DOJ investigation on New York’s handling of COVID and its nursing homes, White House press secretary Jen Psaki states, “any investigation would be led by the Department of Justice.”
February 11, 2021: New York Post reports the bombshell that Cuomo’s administration knowingly hid COVID nursing home death data. This same New York Post article notes that the DOJ has “dropped” the investigation.
Apologies for the election inconvenience.

Today’s NY Post reporting exposes the worst type of political cynicism and cover-up we have seen in quite some time. Health officials essentially killed off thousands of nursing home residents with their mandate and then knowingly hid data on nursing home COVID deaths from the public.

Thousands dead. And to whom did the Secretary to the Governor, Melissa DeRosa, apologize? Not the the victims, but to fellow Democrats for putting them “in that political position with the Republicans.”

The Biden DOJ Rewards the Cuomo Stall Game.

I provided the timeline for a couple reasons.

First, it shows not only that the Cuomo administration knew, or should have known, that they were putting lives at risk with their order for nursing homes to accept COVID patients.

Second, it lays out the timeframe in which the DOJ started the investigation into nursing home deaths in New York, and whether “state orders requiring admission of COVID-19 patients to nursing homes is responsible for the deaths of nursing home residents.”

As the election approached, the DOJ (in October 2020) requested information on “grossly substandard care” given to New York nursing home residents:

This information was apparently hidden from the Department of Justice because the Cuomo Administration was afraid the numbers would be “used against us.”

But not any more.

After January 20, 2021, the DOJ was restructured in the image of President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. We’ve already seen the results, as the Biden/Harris DOJ dropped a civil rights lawsuit filed against Yale for race-based discrimination against Asian applicants.

Now add Governor Cuomo to the growing list of beneficiaries. Per DeRosa, “All signs point to they are not looking at this, they’ve dropped it.”

It looks like Cuomo’s game worked. He hid the data, ran out the clock on the Trump administration, and was rewarded with a dropped investigation from the Biden DOJ for his malfeasance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
You are pushing a narrative because you are completely unhinged (again, get help).

But yeah, this is a problem with the Cuomo administration.

I don't fault them for putting nursing home residents who were sick, but not sick enough to be in the hospital back in their homes. It was early in the pandemic and generally speaking if someone is hospitalized with a severe illness but on the mend they go home to recover.

To cover up the scope though, I have a problem with that. They had a duty to the citizens of their state to be transparent and they weren't, and that is something he should accept responsibility for.

That being said, if people think the death toll from this disease is understated, this is an example that shows there is likely an undercount. You can't say this isn't as bad as we were lead to believe and use this as a political talking point.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
You are pushing a narrative because you are completely unhinged (again, get help).

I don't fault them for putting nursing home residents who were sick, but not sick enough to be in the hospital back in their homes. It was early in the pandemic and generally speaking if someone is hospitalized with a severe illness but on the mend they go home to recover.

To cover up the scope though, I have a problem with that. They had a duty to the citizens of their state to be transparent and they weren't, and that is something he should accept responsibility for.

That being said, if people think the death toll from this disease is understated, this is an example that shows there is likely an undercount. You can't say this isn't as bad as we were lead to believe and use this as a political talking point.
So am I pushing a narrative you agree or disagree with. I am pushing nothing. I just wanted to see how many of you are hypocrites. Apparently there is at least one. I can’t wait to see how many more there are. This dude literally was praised by the left as the great covid conquerer. He is nothing but a POS egomaniac liar who financially and politically benefited from the worship of the sheep..
Next, please show me where it was the standard to send these people back to live with the most vulnerable of the population WITHOUT follow up testing. I’ll be waiting right here.
Last, if I am so unhinged, I suggest you quit responding to me. I have no doubt you will take me up on that, because you were just exposed. Dude should go to prison for obstruction, at a minimum be removed from office. His administration literally admitted to obstruction of the DOJ investigation. No conspiracy. It happened, just ask them.

My talking Point is that the government will lie about anything that gives them power or make make them look bad. My other talking point is that the sheep who side with them will allow them to get away with that.

Sep 3, 2010
So am I pushing a narrative you agree or disagree with. I am pushing nothing. I just wanted to see how many of you are hypocrites. Apparently there is at least one. I can’t wait to see how many more there are. This dude literally was praised by the left as the great covid conquerer. He is nothing but a POS egomaniac liar who financially and politically benefited from the worship of the sheep..
Next, please show me where it was the standard to send these people back to live with the most vulnerable of the population WITHOUT follow up testing. I’ll be waiting right here.
Last, if I am so unhinged, I suggest you quit responding to me. I have no doubt you will take me up on that, because you were just exposed. Dude should go to prison for obstruction, at a minimum be removed from office. His administration literally admitted to obstruction of the DOJ investigation. No conspiracy. It happened, just ask them.

My talking Point is that the government will lie about anything that gives them power or make make them look bad. My other talking point is that the sheep who side with them will allow them to get away with that.

Are you saying that it was a good idea to send the elderly Covid patients back to a nursing home full of the most vulnerable of our population? Forgive me if I misunderstood. It sure looks to me like he’s done the worst job, and it’s really not even close, of all of the governors. Add the fact that he’s an insufferable prick that apparently engaged in a huge coverup to hide his incompetence and it leads me to the conclusion that the world would be a much better place if Mario had wiped both he and his idiot brother on the curtains.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Are you saying that it was a good idea to send the elderly Covid patients back to a nursing home full of the most vulnerable of our population? Forgive me if I misunderstood. It sure looks to me like he’s done the worst job, and it’s really not even close, of all of the governors. Add the fact that he’s an insufferable prick that apparently engaged in a huge coverup to hide his incompetence and it leads me to the conclusion that the world would be a much better place if Mario had wiped both he and his idiot brother on the curtains.
In hindsight it wasn't. At the time it was a tough call when the federal government (i.e. Trump) was being completely feckless about the problem.

I have no issue with state governments making hard calls when the federal government told them each man to themselves. I have big issues with state governments hiding the severity of the issue though.

Sep 3, 2010
In hindsight it wasn't. At the time it was a tough call when the federal government (i.e. Trump) was being completely feckless about the problem.

I have no issue with state governments making hard calls when the federal government told them each man to themselves. I have big issues with state governments hiding the severity of the issue though.
Yeah, I thought I was probably misreading your intent. I might be misremembering this but didn’t Trump send him a bunch of stuff that he didn’t take advantage of ie. a ship, ventilators, ...?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Yeah, I thought I was probably misreading your intent. I might be misremembering this but didn’t Trump send him a bunch of stuff that he didn’t take advantage of ie. a ship, ventilators, ...?
Yeah, those were things any administration would have done.

He followed it up by telling his supporters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota to rebel. Ohio and Indiana had the exact same rules in place at the time but they had Republican Governors so they got a pass.

IMO he gets credit for the European travel ban. That was true leadership. Everything else either any President would have done or he was a hindrance. I mean hell we are a year into this and debating if masks work. I don't see how his administration fumbles a basic health order but he managed to make it political.

Fighting this virus was a complete failure by his administration from day 1.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

Yes he had a hospital off shore he could have sent them to, but no way in hell was he going to take that SOB Trump’s help. Instead he sent them back to the nursing homes UNTESTED.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

He followed it up by telling his supporters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota to rebel. Ohio and Indiana had the exact same rules in place at the time but they had Republican Governors so they got a pass.

IMO he gets credit for the European travel ban. That was true leadership. Everything else either any President would have done or he was a hindrance. I mean hell we are a year into this and debating if masks work. I don't see how his administration fumbles a basic health order but he managed to make it political.

Mask don’t work. The biggest best study was done in Denmark and the best American journals refused to publish it, but keep parroting what your government tells you. Make sure you wear 2 mask like they are telling you to do now. 3 works even better. Just ask them.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

What has Biden done but continue Trump’s policies?

Sep 3, 2010

My point was that Cuomo had resources that were made available to him by the feds that he didn’t or wouldn’t take advantage of. For the record, we still have the same incompetent leprechaun advising us on masks .

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Yes he had a hospital off shore he could have sent them to, but no way in hell was he going to take that SOB Trump’s help. Instead he sent them back to the nursing homes UNTESTED.

It was a hard call on his part and he had no federal direction. The key part in the moment was no federal direction.

I have no problems with what he did there. Trump told Governors they were on their own. Insane failure in leadership but that's what we get when we elect a president who has no understanding of his duties.

But Cuomo is dishonest and downplayed the severity of his actions. He doesn't even have to admit that he made a mistake for me to give him a pass. Many Governors and Majors made mistakes because they were given responsibility that should have been above their level in the early stages. His fault is with the cover up. Trump shirked his responsibility and downplayed the virus but there are no signs of a Chinese level cover up from his administration. In New York through, it's looking bad.

Cuomo was a hero of the left last May while Trump was their whipping boy. I'm not sure at this point who handled it worse.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

It was a hard call on his part and he had no federal direction. The key part in the moment was no federal direction.

I have no problems with what he did there. Trump told Governors they were on their own. Insane failure in leadership but that's what we get when we elect a president who has no understanding of his duties.

But Cuomo is dishonest and downplayed the severity of his actions. He doesn't even have to admit that he made a mistake for me to give him a pass. Many Governors and Majors made mistakes because they were given responsibility that should have been above their level in the early stages. His fault is with the cover up. Trump shirked his responsibility and downplayed the virus but there are no signs of a Chinese level cover up from his administration. In New York through, it's looking bad.

Cuomo was a hero of the left last May while Trump was their whipping boy. I'm not sure at this point who handled it worse.
Wow, just wow. This is about Cuomo. He isn’t even slimy enough to blame trump. HE decided to send KNOWN covid patients back into homes with the MOST vulnerable population WITHOUT testing. Then he decided to BLATANTLY LIE and cover up his mistakes. Then he cashed in by writing a book about his greatness and cash in on his lie. Forget the fact that New York was a covid death factory (well according to the experts). I suspect if your mother or father had died you probably would be a little less likely to give him a pass. Well, maybe not. You probably would just blame trump.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Mask don’t work. The biggest best study was done in Denmark and the best American journals refused to publish it, but keep parroting what your government tells you. Make sure you wear 2 mask like they are telling you to do now. 3 works even better. Just ask them.

The Danish study was highly published. You are misinterpreting the result, as usual.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Wow, just wow. This is about Cuomo. He isn’t even slimy enough to blame trump. HE decided to send KNOWN covid patients back into homes with the MOST vulnerable population WITHOUT testing. Then he decided to BLATANTLY LIE and cover up his mistakes. Then he cashed in by writing a book about his greatness and cash in on his lie. Forget the fact that New York was a covid death factory (well according to the experts). I suspect if your mother or father had died you probably would be a little less likely to give him a pass. Well, maybe not. You probably would just blame trump.

Too bad he didn't just shoot them up with cattle dewormer. This whole thing could have been avoided.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

The federal government had helped build field hospitals and sent a hospital ship to NYC. These could have been used to house these people. But Cuomo was all about not accepting help from Trump. Because of that his citizens died.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Wait, actual direction from the cdc about studies showing that elderly were the most at risk from this disease is not federal direction? The federal government can give advice like that, but it can't do much more unless a state governor or legislature ask for it. Just ask anyone that works for fema and they'll explain the need for state requests before they can act on anything.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
This is funny, sad, and shows there is no bounds of being hypocritical.

A Twitter account named “Cuomo Watch” tweeted out:
“If you see anybody from the Cuomo Administration in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” -Maxine CuomoWatch

Now, of course, this is basically verbatim what Maxine Waters said in 2018 — but just replacing “Trump“ with “Cuomo”.
But the reactions showing hypocrisy is telling. Multiple political figures condemned this as “inciting violence” or “threatening violence”. And Twitter actually suspended this account and deleted the post.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/someo...-instead-of-trump-dems-reaction-is-priceless/

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
This is funny, sad, and shows there is no bounds of being hypocritical.

A Twitter account named “Cuomo Watch” tweeted out:
“If you see anybody from the Cuomo Administration in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” -Maxine CuomoWatch

Now, of course, this is basically verbatim what Maxine Waters said in 2018 — but just replacing “Trump“ with “Cuomo”.
But the reactions showing hypocrisy is telling. Multiple political figures condemned this as “inciting violence” or “threatening violence”. And Twitter actually suspended this account and deleted the post.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/someo...-instead-of-trump-dems-reaction-is-priceless/
and twitter deleted it as well