No worse than Sugar Bowl...?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
So after about 20 posts, my original comment that ISU needs to lose twice is confirmed, yes?

As I said, we need OSU & Texas to beat ISU OR we need to win Bedlam. I think it is that easy...

(Of course if ISU wants to go ahead and lose to West Virgina today (tie game as I type this), that would make the what-if's a lot easier for us)

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
So after about 20 posts, my original comment that ISU needs to lose twice is confirmed, yes?

As I said, we need OSU & Texas to beat ISU OR we need to win Bedlam. I think it is that easy...

(Of course if ISU wants to go ahead and lose to West Virgina today (tie game as I type this), that would make the what-if's a lot easier for us)
CHECK

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Looks like it's gonna come down to what it always does, have to beat ou.
In all likelihood, which was the point of a thread I started last week. If you will recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, still haven't forgiven you for starting that thread BEFORE the ISU game.........

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
So upon video review, my original post is "confirmed"...

We now need:
* Match Baylor's win total over the remaining season. We have a slightly easier schedule than they do.
- Baylor plays: OU/TCU/Tech/Kansas State
- OSU Plays: OU/TCU/Tech/West Virginia
* Iowa State to lose 1 more game:
- Iowa State plays: OU/TCU/Tech/Texas
OR:
- OSU wins out

Those are very doable scenarios for us to be in the CCG and have no worse than a Sugar Bowl berth.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If we want to even sniff the CFP, unfortunately, we need 0U to win out except Bedlam and then we also win the CCG. Back to back wins over 0u giving them their only losses might, might get us in.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
To be fair, those teams still make the conference championship game, we don’t.
To be fair, the Big12 didn’t have a conference championship game from 2011-2016. Had there been a CCG Oklahoma State would have went 4 times. 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016.
Since the Big12 went to 10 teams OSU has finished in the top 2 more every other team except OU.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
To be fair, the Big12 didn’t have a conference championship game from 2011-2016. Had there been a CCG Oklahoma State would have went 4 times. 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016.
Since the Big12 went to 10 teams OSU has finished in the top 2 more every other team except OU.
Yes if you add in 2011 we do have more, if you start in 2012 which is what the conference is now, we are tied, with Baylor who is on their 4th head coach since 2012.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Yes if you add in 2011 we do have more, if you start in 2012 which is what the conference is now, we are tied, with Baylor who is on their 4th head coach since 2012.
If you want to look at a 10 year span then you can’t include this year because it isn’t complete yet. 2011-2020 is what you need to consider.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Why wouldn’t you “add in” 2011? Your post is about Gundy’s ability to finish at least 2nd in the Big12. In fact, your original post referenced his 17 year career and the 2010 season.

In the 10 years that we have been a 10 team league, OSU has finished in the top 2 the second most behind OU.

Sure you can twist the data to make it support a point that you didn’t originally make… but that’s no fun.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Why wouldn’t you “add in” 2011? Your post is about Gundy’s ability to finish at least 2nd in the Big12. In fact, your original post referenced his 17 year career and the 2010 season.

In the 10 years that we have been a 10 team league, OSU has finished in the top 2 the second most behind OU.

Sure you can twist the data to make it support a point that you didn’t originally make… but that’s no fun.
My original post was that in 17 years we have only beat all of the 2nd tier Big XII teams twice in the same year and that’s why in 16 years we have only finished 2nd or better 4 times, YOU are the one that cut it down to Gundys best years to try to make half a point but MY point still stands that we are clearly the 2nd best team in the big XII but we for whatever reason cannot beat all the other teams who are not OU.
My post was in reference to people that say that Gundy ONLY has an OU problem and I disagree, if Gundy ONLY lost to OU we would be in the championship every year, we would never win but at least we would be in it. Even if we get in this year, this will be the FIFTH year of the championship game and would be our 1st appearance.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
My original post was that in 17 years we have only beat all of the 2nd tier Big XII teams twice in the same year and that’s why in 16 years we have only finished 2nd or better 4 times, YOU are the one that cut it down to Gundys best years to try to make half a point but MY point still stands that we are clearly the 2nd best team in the big XII but we for whatever reason cannot beat all the other teams who are not OU.
My post was in reference to people that say that Gundy ONLY has an OU problem and I disagree, if Gundy ONLY lost to OU we would be in the championship every year, we would never win but at least we would be in it. Even if we get in this year, this will be the FIFTH year of the championship game and would be our 1st appearance.
“cut it down to gundy’s best years” lol…

Ever since the Big12 dropped the 2 divisional format OSU has finished in the top 2 teams the second most of any team in the Big12.

PERIOD.

If Gundy’s best years happen to coincide with that time period, it is what it is. You are the one that tried to exclude 2011 because it didn’t fit your agenda.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid

Ever since the Big12 dropped the 2 divisional format OSU has finished in the top 2 teams the second most of any team in the Big12.

PERIOD.

If Gundy’s best years happen to coincide with that time period, it is what it is. You are the one that tried to exclude 2011 because it didn’t fit your agenda.
For like the third time, why are you choosing this criteria of “dropping the 2 divisional format” instead of the big Xii conference as it is now?
Because adding 2011 is the only way your point is correct. Since the big xii became what it is now, we are tied with Baylor, since the big xii championship came back we are behind TCU, Texas, Baylor, and Iowa State, we are tied with Kansas for championship appearances but you don’t want to use that criteria huh?

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

PERIOD.

For like the third time, why are you choosing this criteria of “dropping the 2 divisional format” instead of the big Xii conference as it is now?
Because adding 2011 is the only way your point is correct. Since the big xii became what it is now, we are tied with Baylor, since the big xii championship came back we are behind TCU, Texas, Baylor, and Iowa State, we are tied with Kansas for championship appearances but you don’t want to use that criteria huh?
Why do you care so much? Just drop I it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2014
Man I'm normally all about playing the top blue blood schools but with this team being so offensively challenged I honestly want no part of Alabama in a New Years game it would be a massacre. Give me Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Auburn or just about anybody else