No worse than Sugar Bowl...?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
My understanding is if ISU, Baylor and OSU all finish with 2 losses then heAd to head is a wash and the next tie breaker is point differential between those 3. OSU would win that tie breaker

I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
My understanding is if ISU, Baylor and OSU all finish with 2 losses then heAd to head is a wash and the next tie breaker is point differential between those 3. OSU would win that tie breaker

I could be wrong

ISU wins the 3-way tiebreaker between OSU, BU and ISU if all 3 have a loss to OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

I could be wrong

ISU wins the 3-way tiebreaker between OSU, BU and ISU if all 3 have a loss to OU.

Why? Wouldn’t it then go to point differential in games between Baylor, ISU and OSU?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Why? Wouldn’t it then go to point differential in games between Baylor, ISU and OSU?

Our 10 point win over Baylor eliminates them from the mini round robin. Then ISU wins because of head to head. The pertinent parts of the tiebreaker rules are:

b. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the regular season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.

3. Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and point allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Our 10 point win over Baylor eliminates them from the mini round robin. Then ISU wins because of head to head. The pertinent parts of the tiebreaker rules are:

b. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the regular season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.

3. Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and point allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.
So Baylor’s win over ISU doesn’t eliminate ISU?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Nope. The lowest point differential(s) are eliminated first, then head to head.

OSU 7 (+10, -3) = 7
ISU (-2, +3) = 1
Rapelor (+2, -10) = -8

Rapelor drops out, and then it's head to head, which ISU wins.
Kinda odd the conference penalizes the worst performance instead of rewarding the best performance.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
This is Gundys biggest weakness IMO and the reason we have these STUPID tie breaker threads every single year. Since Gundy has become head coach, 17 seasons, we have only beat all of Baylor, Texas, Iowa State, and Kansas State in the same year, 2 times. 2010 and 2013. Every single year we drop one of these games plus OU and while without a doubt we are the second best program in the Big XII, we rarely finish second.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
This is Gundys biggest weakness IMO and the reason we have these STUPID tie breaker threads every single year. Since Gundy has become head coach, 17 seasons, we have only beat all of Baylor, Texas, Iowa State, and Kansas State in the same year, 2 times. 2010 and 2013. Every single year we drop one of these games plus OU and while without a doubt we are the second best program in the Big XII, we rarely finish second.
To be fair, every school not named OU drops one or more games they shouldn’t EVERY year. And even at that OU usually drops a game it shouldn’t. After all, it’s football.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Nope. The lowest point differential(s) are eliminated first, then head to head.

OSU 7 (+10, -3) = 7
ISU (-2, +3) = 1
Rapelor (+2, -10) = -8

Rapelor drops out, and then it's head to head, which ISU wins.
Seems backwards

I agree, but dems da rules.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
To be fair, every school not named OU drops one or more games they shouldn’t EVERY year. And even at that OU usually drops a game it shouldn’t. After all, it’s football.

To be fair, those teams still make the conference championship game, we don’t.
Which teams and how many times do they make the CCG?