No worse than Sugar Bowl...?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Lots can happen between now and then, but if we do end up in the Sugar, I know where I'll be to bring in the New Year.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
IF we can win in Ames, no easy task, we would then have a 2 game lead on every team but ou. Would be a great position to be in but hardly a sure thing. Been more times than I care to remember of late season heart breaks.

One game at a time, ISU was pre season top 10 for a reason, lot of talent on both sides.

Mar 8, 2010
I think the best 4 teams in the league this year are (in some order):
- OU/OSU/Texas/Baylor

We are already at least a game up on both Texas & Baylor and have the tie-break over both. I can't see how we play ourselves out of the Big-12 Championship game at this point given the teams remaining on our schedule.

So if we play in the Big-12 Championship, it will either be:
* Win and play in the Play-offs, probably in the Cotton Bowl.
* Lose and play in the Sugar Bowl

Not a bad place to be half way through the season...
So how long have you been a Cowboy fan? Plenty can still go wrong. Iowa State is favored this Saturday and rightfully so. They are still the same talented team that was picked to challenge uo for the conference championship. After a rocky start they are beginning to put it altogether and with one conference loss, they still can achieve that goal. They will be playing us lights out! ISU has destroyed our dreams before. The chickens haven’t hatched yet.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So how long have you been a Cowboy fan? Plenty can still go wrong. Iowa State is favored this Saturday and rightfully so. They are still the same talented team that was picked to challenge uo for the conference championship. After a rocky start they are beginning to put it altogether and with one conference loss, they still can achieve that goal. They will be playing us lights out! ISU has destroyed our dreams before. The chickens haven’t hatched yet.
I would have agreed with this post except for one statement "Iowa State is favored this Saturday and rightfully so..." Gundy teams are 4-1 vs the coach at ISU...it's laziness for them to be favored by that margin or its just vegas being vegas. Certainly we are going to have to prove it, again, but I don't see how an unranked team that we have owned is favored by a touchdown over #8 in the country and undefeated...certainly that are VERY VERY good, but that makes no sense at all...not in the slightest...especially if you factor in our common opponents and our games against each. Certainly if we don't play well we will lose, but if we play up to potential we will win...maybe by a touchdown. Should be a great game in a good place to watch football.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
I would have agreed with this post except for one statement "Iowa State is favored this Saturday and rightfully so..." Gundy teams are 4-1 vs the coach at ISU...it's laziness for them to be favored by that margin or its just vegas being vegas. Certainly we are going to have to prove it, again, but I don't see how an unranked team that we have owned is favored by a touchdown over #8 in the country and undefeated...certainly that are VERY VERY good, but that makes no sense at all...not in the slightest...especially if you factor in our common opponents and our games against each. Certainly if we don't play well we will lose, but if we play up to potential we will win...maybe by a touchdown. Should be a great game in a good place to watch football.
I honestly think they look at it and just don’t trust our offense. In a day and age where “offense rules”, it’s hard to argue with them.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You don't understand how lines work.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You don't understand how lines work.
You are correct sir...I do not, but this one doesn't make sense and appears to just make people want to bet on the Pokes...which I do not because I don't bet on football or anything else for that matter...anyway, maybe I do understand lines if it increases the betting to be ridiculous.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
You are correct sir...I do not, but this one doesn't make sense and appears to just make people want to bet on the Pokes...which I do not because I don't bet on football or anything else for that matter...anyway, maybe I do understand lines if it increases the betting to be ridiculous.
Hope you read our 9 page discussion on why the spread was what it was.

Nov 6, 2010
So I've been jonesing pretty hard for New Orleans for the last couple of years anyway, and decided to go out on a limb and go ahead and book my NY plans there. Got flights, hotel, everything booked and then realized the actual game will be on Jan 1, and I scheduled my flight back on Jan 1. Now I have to go redo everything! :facepalm:

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
So I've been jonesing pretty hard for New Orleans for the last couple of years anyway, and decided to go out on a limb and go ahead and book my NY plans there. Got flights, hotel, everything booked and then realized the actual game will be on Jan 1, and I scheduled my flight back on Jan 1. Now I have to go redo everything! :facepalm:
You remind me of me.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
* Losing to Iowa State now puts us in the "needs help" category.
* We have to root for Baylor and Texas to be as successful as they can be since we would win any tiebreakers involving them.
* We now need Iowa State to pick up 2 losses in their final 5 games. OU and Texas are the most likely losses of those final 5 games.

We've already played the best teams in the league (ISU/Tx/Baylor) other than OU. We were 2-1 against those. Games still remaining of interest to the Conference Championship game:

* 10/30 - Texas @ Baylor.
* 11/6 - Texas @ Iowa State.
* 11/13 - Oklahoma @ Baylor.
* 11/20 - Iowa State @ Oklahoma.
* 11/27 - Oklahoma @ Okla State.

We need to root for Texas and Oklahoma when they play Iowa State OR we need to win Bedlam. The rest is kinda indifferent to us as long as we don't drop more than 1 game of our remaining 5. And if we do lose more than 1 of our remaining games, we don't deserve to be in the Conf Champ game anyway...

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
* Losing to Iowa State now puts us in the "needs help" category.
* We have to root for Baylor and Texas to be as successful as they can be since we would win any tiebreakers involving them.
* We now need Iowa State to pick up 2 losses in their final 5 games. OU and Texas are the most likely losses of those final 5 games.

We've already played the best teams in the league (ISU/Tx/Baylor) other than OU. We were 2-1 against those. Games still remaining of interest to the Conference Championship game:

* 10/30 - Texas @ Baylor.
* 11/6 - Texas @ Iowa State.
* 11/13 - Oklahoma @ Baylor.
* 11/20 - Iowa State @ Oklahoma.
* 11/27 - Oklahoma @ Okla State.

We need to root for Texas and Oklahoma when they play Iowa State OR we need to win Bedlam. The rest is kinda indifferent to us as long as we don't drop more than 1 game of our remaining 5. And if we do lose more than 1 of our remaining games, we don't deserve to be in the Conf Champ game anyway...
OU v ISU really doesn’t matter if UT beats ISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
OU and ISU are in the drivers seat today.

OSU's path to the Big 12 Championship game.

Win out and we are in.
(As ISU and OU still have to play one of those two would then have two conference losses.)

Go 4-1 the rest of the way. And these things need to happen. Baylor needs to lose another game. ISU or OU needs to lose two games remaining on their schedule. And one of those games OU losses would need to be against OSU for OSU to own the tie breaker.