No worse than Sugar Bowl...?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I think the best 4 teams in the league this year are (in some order):
- OU/OSU/Texas/Baylor

We are already at least a game up on both Texas & Baylor and have the tie-break over both. I can't see how we play ourselves out of the Big-12 Championship game at this point given the teams remaining on our schedule.

So if we play in the Big-12 Championship, it will either be:
* Win and play in the Play-offs, probably in the Cotton Bowl.
* Lose and play in the Sugar Bowl

Not a bad place to be half way through the season...

Jun 23, 2009
New York
- OU/OSU/Texas/Baylor

We are already at least a game up on both Texas & Baylor and have the tie-break over both. I can't see how we play ourselves out of the Big-12 Championship game at this point given the teams remaining on our schedule.

you’re high after today’s great win but Iowa State, TCU and at WV are hardly gimmies. Tech has also given us problems recently. I’m not even thinking about Big 12 Championship or New Years day games yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010
- OU/OSU/Texas/Baylor

We have to play Iowa St in Ames. (See 2011)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
- OU/OSU/Texas/Baylor

uhhhhh...how long you been a Poke fan? Yes, it is possible. See 1976 Colorado game, 1997 Texas Tech, 2013 and 2014 Bedlam games.

Oct 30, 2007
- OU/OSU/Texas/Baylor

Ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2005
It is really this simple. OSU has 6 1 game seasons left. Win the game against Iowa State and KU, then we can talk about probability to be in Dallas for a conference title. Iowa State, folks, has a defense around the same caliber as ours with an offense that is more productive than ours. It is going to be another hard fought game.