No more Bedlam

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Absolutely this!

110% agree. Especially in today's college football landscape. AND, I'm afraid, with NIL and transfer portal, and coaching salaries, it's going to get MUCH worse. There's a point of diminishing returns, and we are reaching it at breakneck speed.
Agreed. D1 college football at the championship level is sucking in and spending massive amounts of cash right now. The level of spending has spiraled out of control and is unsustainable long term, and it will have a huge correction/crash at some point. It's how these things go.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I like the new administration, but let's be real. We cannot and should not spend the kind of money that bluebloods and the wannabes (looking at you A&M) are and will spend on football. We don't have the deep pocket boosters, the number of fans, etc. to do it. I think OU will find out that they do not have the deep pockets to compete, either. The amount of money that a university, especially one like OSU, will have to spend to win a title is obscene and unsustainable.
Why don't we just wait and see how it plays out? If you don't try then you have already lost.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Our hatred comes from the fans. My wife and I were bagging our groceries at Walmart this past weekend. I, of course, had my orange on. A worker walks by us and says boomer sooner....I just looked back and asked him how he enjoyed minimum wage at Walmart. Screw them. I never act like a dick to people who have sooner gear on. No matter what I think, I am not the first to say something.

One other great example of their fans. My brother in law, grew up in Stillwater, but went to ou to be a Marine. I respect him for his service, (he recently retired after 23 years and many tours in Afghanistan and Iraq) but he does get on my nerves from time to time; Mostly to get me fired up. But a few years ago, he came back from 3 years in Japan. His family stayed with us as they flew in to DFW. His in laws also visited. I came home from my son's baseball game to see the softball college world series on my tv. My son didn't see who was playing, so he asked, and this lady said we were rooting for the team in red. I said, not us. She got offended and told me she always roots for OSU. I told her I never, ever, root for ou. She got pissed and tried to tell me, in my own home, what team I should root for. Seriously, after enjoying our hospitality, eating the food we paid for, she acted like I had to root for ou. F those people. I hope they lose every single game.

If it wasn't for football, we would completely own the bedlam series. I don't know the totals, but I am almost 100% sure, that using all sports, we come out on top. So screw them.
Speaking of, I can't seem to find the totals anywhere. Does someone know where the all sports totals for the Bedlam series are? I know we have to be ahead like 680 to 650, but I can't find it.

Apr 7, 2006
Why don't we just wait and see how it plays out? If you don't try then you have already lost.
I think we have to look at it as an investment and the administration will have to continue to draw a line on how much to spend. The Oakland A's don't try to match the Yankees spending. That's why "Moneyball" was written. You have to figure out how to maximize your return without trying to keep up with the big spenders.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I think we have to look at it as an investment and the administration will have to continue to draw a line on how much to spend. The Oakland A's don't try to match the Yankees spending. That's why "Moneyball" was written. You have to figure out how to maximize your return without trying to keep up with the big spenders.
That’s true for every program except maybe 5-6 in the country. Even 13-14 teams in the SEC live that life. 13 teams in the future Big Ten live that exact same life. It is what it is.

Aug 23, 2010
I can't help the choices of the 1940's, O-State won last year.
I get your positivity, I do...But man even with my sunglasses I realize that it took a home game with their coach checked out to win a nail biter. Unfortunately I think they made a hire that isn't turning them into Taco Tech 2.0 and one that is going to be extremely upgraded. Playing a team like that would be great money wise, as well as national recognition. I hate all this that has happened

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
I get your positivity, I do...But man even with my sunglasses I realize that it took a home game with their coach checked out to win a nail biter. Unfortunately I think they made a hire that isn't turning them into Taco Tech 2.0 and one that is going to be extremely upgraded. Playing a team like that would be great money wise, as well as national recognition. I hate all this that has happened
Pink sunglasses? Head on over to dirt burglers, troll.

For anyone else; just check this goombah's first page of post history.

Feb 18, 2009