No ESPN on Dish

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Just notice that Disney wants to jack up the rates that Dish has taken them off the air. OSU game is on Fox thank goodness but I’m wondering how long will this go.
I was wondering why I couldn't stream the OU game. Took my dish account off the account and it worked again. Interesting

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2010
I've been a dish guy forever. I get a bit annoyed that I have to call in and threaten to quit yearly to get the rate I want. I was fortunate that our game was on Fox Saturday. Otherwise, I would have been doing FuboTV 7 day free trial.
ESPN is back on. I thought ESPN had the leverage on this one with CFB going on. Live sports is the last reason to have this type of TV. I would go to streaming but I am in a rural area and our internet can be suspect from time to time so I've hung to Dish so far. Often times, I turn the wifi off on my phone so my internet works better on my phone. If our internet improved, I would make the switch. I have Redzone and other sports related items. ESPN plus has been great as well with all the OSU games you can get for the other sports.

Sep 22, 2010
Allen, TX
You get what you pay for
Not always. I have Spectrum here in Dallas and they want $110/month for cable. There are always problems with the video buffering and sometimes can't even connect to the app.

I put up an OTA antenna and watched the game vs. Baylor on the local FOX station just fine. Once I figure out what to do about games on ESPN or FS1, I am closing my Spectrum cable and going internet only.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I've been a dish guy forever. I get a bit annoyed that I have to call in and threaten to quit yearly to get the rate I want. I was fortunate that our game was on Fox Saturday. Otherwise, I would have been doing FuboTV 7 day free trial.
ESPN is back on. I thought ESPN had the leverage on this one with CFB going on. Live sports is the last reason to have this type of TV. I would go to streaming but I am in a rural area and our internet can be suspect from time to time so I've hung to Dish so far. Often times, I turn the wifi off on my phone so my internet works better on my phone. If our internet improved, I would make the switch. I have Redzone and other sports related items. ESPN plus has been great as well with all the OSU games you can get for the other sports.
Could always be worse! You could have DirecTv and watch them not make any improvements to the guide, etc.. for twenty years! :woot:

Sep 16, 2005
Piedmont, Oklahoma
You get what you pay for
Not always. I have Spectrum here in Dallas and they want $110/month for cable. There are always problems with the video buffering and sometimes can't even connect to the app.

I put up an OTA antenna and watched the game vs. Baylor on the local FOX station just fine. Once I figure out what to do about games on ESPN or FS1, I am closing my Spectrum cable and going internet only.
Same with Cox and ATT. I had cable/Satellite/ Uverse for years but not worth it now.
Mainly stream and use my own Plex server now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk