NIL thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
In a time of power and greed, this young man steps up to make a difference.

Oklahoma QB Nick Evers Sending NIL Money to Charity to 'Help Make a Difference in the World'

“We really just want to help make a difference in the world,” Evers told SI Sooners. “And I think this is the first step that I can do.”

In Evers’ case, he’ll attend or arrange events, such as autograph signings or meet-and-greets, and donate all proceeds to Make-A-Wish.

“I see all these kids are going through so much,” Evers said. “I mean, they have these life-threatening diseases. And, you know, to see them have a smile on their face — even though they're going through all this stuff — because of the things that I can provide for them, and all these other athletes can provide for them, I think is really amazing.
Good luck with that at tax time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Will resurrect this one....
This kid has not received an NIL deal (reportedly but even that is questionable), so he is not playing (for now anyway). Yeah, this was a GREAT idea.
https://www.totalprosports.com/2022...e-player-to-hold-out-due-to-lack-of-nil-deal/
Let's see, his scholarship is a contract. He has to meet obligations to be under those terms. If he isn't going to practice or team workouts, then they can cut his scholarship right? That would mean no money from the nil, and no money for school. He'd be high and dry. And since he's shown to have issues with meeting his obligations (both for his nil and his scholarship), would another school want to risk it?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Don’t buy Adidas shoes or apparel is what I get from this. No need to have money funneled to KU, A&M, MSU, NCST, UL, ASU, IU, NEB, WISC, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
It just keeps getting worse and worse.

A 3-star DT worth $500K, a 4-star WR $1 million: The sticker shock of college football recruiting beyond 2022

In early March, The Athletic reported that a five-star 2023 recruit signed an $8 million NIL deal with a school’s donor collective. While that remains by far the highest known deal to date, other top recruits are reaping the benefits of a rapidly soaring arms race.

The Athletic reviewed three recruits’ recently signed NIL contracts, each with a different school-specific collective. The Athletic agreed to preserve the anonymity of all parties in order to get a better sense of the current market rates for top recruits. A four-star receiver landed a deal that will pay him more than $1 million over the next four years in exchange for his exclusive NIL rights. A defensive lineman ranked among the top 10 at his position received a three-year deal worth $1 million. And a three-star defensive lineman signed for $500,000 over four years. The latter two are non-exclusive.

“We lost a kid (on signing day) over that. That hurt,” a Power 5 head coach told The Athletic. “Two hours before, the mom is telling me he’s coming here. And then she said, ‘Coach, how can we turn down $300,000?’ You can’t. Take it, I get it.”

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
OU stepping up and hitting a grand slam. IMO, this is the only way NIL deals work with schools giving each player set amounts ($50K/year in this case) verses dropping hundreds of thousands or million+ on stars which obviously creates resentment.

https://www.1oklahoma.com

A group of Oklahoma businessmen, community leaders, alumni, and leaders in the faith-based community have partnered alongside Hall of Fame Coach Barry Switzer to form a one-of-a-kind NIL collective doing business as 1Oklahoma Foundation. 1Oklahoma Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to collaborating with and serving some of the most impactful non-profits throughout the state of Oklahoma through the Name, Image, and Likeness of OU athletes. 1Oklahoma Collective will deliver one of the most comprehensive and impactful NIL offerings in the country.

1Oklahoma Foundation Athletes will have the opportunity to earn NIL Revenue while contributing to the greater good of their community. This impact will come via partnerships with 1Oklahoma partner non-profits in various communities throughout Oklahoma. The spirit of making a difference aligns with the high standards for student-athletes set forth by the OU athletic programs. It aligns with the statewide "Oklahoma Standard" initiative of preserving and promoting a culture of citizens making a difference through Acts of Service. 1Oklahoma Foundation is excited to partner with OU athletes from the Football, Men's Basketball, and Softball Programs.

There's Only One!

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
OU stepping up and hitting a grand slam. IMO, this is the only way NIL deals work with schools giving each player set amounts ($50K/year in this case) verses dropping hundreds of thousands or million+ on stars which obviously creates resentment.

https://www.1oklahoma.com

A group of Oklahoma businessmen, community leaders, alumni, and leaders in the faith-based community have partnered alongside Hall of Fame Coach Barry Switzer to form a one-of-a-kind NIL collective doing business as 1Oklahoma Foundation. 1Oklahoma Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to collaborating with and serving some of the most impactful non-profits throughout the state of Oklahoma through the Name, Image, and Likeness of OU athletes. 1Oklahoma Collective will deliver one of the most comprehensive and impactful NIL offerings in the country.

1Oklahoma Foundation Athletes will have the opportunity to earn NIL Revenue while contributing to the greater good of their community. This impact will come via partnerships with 1Oklahoma partner non-profits in various communities throughout Oklahoma. The spirit of making a difference aligns with the high standards for student-athletes set forth by the OU athletic programs. It aligns with the statewide "Oklahoma Standard" initiative of preserving and promoting a culture of citizens making a difference through Acts of Service. 1Oklahoma Foundation is excited to partner with OU athletes from the Football, Men's Basketball, and Softball Programs.

There's Only One!
Over $4M a year. Let’s see how efficient that nonprofit is. People complain about the percent of funding United Way spends on overhead. This one will never break even

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas