Nike sues Lil Nas X over "Satan Shoes"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I don't know why, but the capital 'L' in 'Loser' is just so wonderful.

Probably exactly as Jesus would have it said it, too. :rolleyes:
After taking Satan’s curve ball deep outta the park, JC would have also given the universal “Loser” L-hand sign to the forehead as he epic bat flips and jogs the bases.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oh I agree, Marilyn Manson did much the same thing in my generation, using shock value to get free publicity. It obviously works as well today as it did then.

Still, a thousand dollars for a pair if shoes. Insanity. Who's paying that? Any parent who spend that on their kids shoes should get a psych eval.
Shoes over the last 20 years have moved from clothing accessories to highly collectible artifacts. Much like Pokemon cards, sports memorabilia, religious artifacts etc.

There is now an entire collectors market supported in which high value shoes are bought, sold and traded as collectible items.

here is the current most collectible shoes available on the market
View attachment 89615
And an entire market of authenticators to assure you that you aren't getting fakes. Because that is a thing also.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well this makes me feel like an old fuddy duddy. Whatever happened to collecting normal things like coins, stamps and star wars figures. ;)
Beanie Babies

In the early '90s(?) my wife, her sisters and her friends had me buying Beanie Babies coast-to-coast as I was traveling for work. Before I left town they'd tell me which ones were hard to find and I'd go to Disney Stores and airport gift shops searching for them. I'd guess we still have 100+ in storage bins in the attic and closets. I've always hated them, but I can't get rid if them because, you know, what if.....
When McDonald's released their version in happy meals, my brothers wife had them driving all over Oklahoma to get multiple sets to save. They ate so many happy meals in 1 week it was crazy. What they didn't eat, they just gave away to people. Of course this was on top of the already large collection of regular beanies they had.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
And an entire market of authenticators to assure you that you aren't getting fakes. Because that is a thing also.

It's a shame, because it is getting harder to find fake Nikes. But...I will tell you, my 12 year old loves her collection of fake Air Max 270s.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I had the Poison album open up and say ahh with the original artwork. My dad found it, grounded me and threw it in the trash. I of course went right back out and bought another copy of it but by then the artwork was censored.....I still hid it so he wouldn't find it again....I learned my lesson.
That absolutely made no sense to me why that cover was censored back then. That was nothing compared to all the other heavy metal album covers coming out at the time.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
That absolutely made no sense to me why that cover was censored back then. That was nothing compared to all the other heavy metal album covers coming out at the time.
Probably because it was mainstream rock and not heavy metal.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Probably because it was mainstream rock and not heavy metal.
Yeah that doesn't explain why that cover was censored. I get that your post is more about me mentioning the words Poison and heavy metal in the same sentence. But Poison was absolutely in the group of hair metal bands back then who were trying to out do each other with their faux edgy satanic imagery to sell albums.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah that doesn't explain why that cover was censored. I get that your post is more about me mentioning the words Poison and heavy metal in the same sentence. But Poison was absolutely in the group of hair metal bands back then who were trying to out do each other with their faux edgy satanic imagery to sell albums.
Metal wasn’t really as accessible. Out of sight out of mind.
Agreed on the other stuff

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
It’s almost like if you do something like this a bunch of Karen’s yell and scream and your product sells out in minutes, your video gets millions of views, and you make a bunch of money.

KISS put blood in the ink of their comic cause they loved satan in the 70s...... now old white baptist dance to Rock n’ Roll All Night everytime it played by a crappy wedding DJ.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
well if you own a pair of these shoes....they are now one of the most collectible and valuable in history

https://twitter.com/kfor/status/1379528128234684426
I disagree with the satanism... But...

Where does the line get drawn?

Can Ford now sue the next up and coming Carroll Shelby that buys a fleet of Mustangs, modifies the heck out of them, and resales them?

What’s the difference?