Nike sues Lil Nas X over "Satan Shoes"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
While Lil Nas X Satan Shoes featuring only 666 pairs made, a bronze pentagram, a drop of human blood, and an upside down cross sold out in seconds at $1018 per pair.

Nike has filed a lawsuit as people are now revolting against Nike for these shoes. Nike has filed a lawsuit against Lil Nas X saying they were in no way associated with, didn't approve and do not claim this shoe. Nike said the shoes are actually an altered version of the Nike Air Max 97 shoes which they did not approve

1617051231439.png

Mar 11, 2006
Unless a shoe was stuffed with fifty $20 bills, there is no way in the world I would buy a $1K shoe.

But since this a Satan shoe, I will amend my statement. There is no way in hell I would buy a $1K shoe.

A drop of human blood, seriously?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I weep for the future.

I can't imagine why anybody would buy these shoes, but especially at that price, pure insanity, but then again, I can't understand why anybody would buy Nike's either.
I used to work in a shoe store in high school. I remember when the air jordans first came out and we sold out of the adult sizes right away but still had some kids sizes left. I had a guy actually try to get his adult sized foot in a kids shoe, nearly broke his foot in half trying to cram them on, so desperate was he to have a pair. I guess the insanity never ends.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I weep for the future.

I can't imagine why anybody would buy these shoes, but especially at that price, pure insanity, but then again, I can't understand why anybody would buy Nike's either.
I used to work in a shoe store in high school. I remember when the air jordans first came out and we sold out of the adult sizes right away but still had some kids sizes left. I had a guy actually try to get his adult sized foot in a kids shoe, nearly broke his foot in half trying to cram them on, so desperate was he to have a pair. I guess the insanity never ends.
Nike is suing the shoemaker so I don't think you can put any of this on them.

From what I've read the artist isn't afraid of creating controversy. He released a music video a week ago that got people up in arms and he's taking it to 11. Personally I think it's pretty messed up (I'd give my true feelings but I've been warned about colorful language here so I'll leave my comments as is) but the dude is trying to profit by shock value. Best thing we can do is ignore it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...s-x-satan-blood-shoe-mschf-lawsuit-2021-3?amp

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Nike is suing the shoemaker so I don't think you can put any of this on them.

From what I've read the artist isn't afraid of creating controversy. He released a music video a week ago that got people up in arms and he's taking it to 11. Personally I think it's pretty messed up (I'd give my true feelings but I've been warned about colorful language here so I'll leave my comments as is) but the dude is trying to profit by shock value. Best thing we can do is ignore it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...s-x-satan-blood-shoe-mschf-lawsuit-2021-3?amp
Oh I agree, Marilyn Manson did much the same thing in my generation, using shock value to get free publicity. It obviously works as well today as it did then.

Still, a thousand dollars for a pair if shoes. Insanity. Who's paying that? Any parent who spend that on their kids shoes should get a psych eval.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Oh I agree, Marilyn Manson did much the same thing in my generation, using shock value to get free publicity. It obviously works as well today as it did then.

Still, a thousand dollars for a pair if shoes. Insanity. Who's paying that? Any parent who spend that on their kids shoes should get a psych eval.
Shoes over the last 20 years have moved from clothing accessories to highly collectible artifacts. Much like Pokemon cards, sports memorabilia, religious artifacts etc.

There is now an entire collectors market supported in which high value shoes are bought, sold and traded as collectible items.

here is the current most collectible shoes available on the market
1617108905947.png

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So Nike isn't making these shoes?
From what I understand, it was a company that approached Lil Nas and informed him of the idea and self promotion. He liked the idea and ran with it and was under the impression the company had purchased old Nike shoes and retrofitted them to make the shoes and was under the impression that Nike had approved of this partnership for their old shoes. Apparently they just bought up old Nikes and modified them into the Satan Shoe and then begin selling them without Nike knowledge which has caused this mess. Had it not got as much press as it did because of the subject matter, I doubt Nike would have done anything to stop the sell of 666 pairs of shoes.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

NWA, The Last Temptation of Christ movie, and others that don't come to mind made a lot of money thanks to those who wanted to shut them down.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Shoes over the last 20 years have moved from clothing accessories to highly collectible artifacts. Much like Pokemon cards, sports memorabilia, religious artifacts etc.

There is now an entire collectors market supported in which high value shoes are bought, sold and traded as collectible items.

here is the current most collectible shoes available on the market
View attachment 89615
Well this makes me feel like an old fuddy duddy. Whatever happened to collecting normal things like coins, stamps and star wars figures. ;)

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Well this makes me feel like an old fuddy duddy. Whatever happened to collecting normal things like coins, stamps and star wars figures. ;)
Beanie Babies

In the early '90s(?) my wife, her sisters and her friends had me buying Beanie Babies coast-to-coast as I was traveling for work. Before I left town they'd tell me which ones were hard to find and I'd go to Disney Stores and airport gift shops searching for them. I'd guess we still have 100+ in storage bins in the attic and closets. I've always hated them, but I can't get rid if them because, you know, what if.....

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Beanie Babies

In the early '90s(?) my wife, her sisters and her friends had me buying Beanie Babies coast-to-coast as I was traveling for work. Before I left town they'd tell me which ones were hard to find and I'd go to Disney Stores and airport gift shops searching for them. I'd guess we still have 100+ in storage bins in the attic and closets. I've always hated them, but I can't get rid if them because, you know, what if.....
I remember when people acted like those were a commodity that should be traded on the exchange like pork bellies or something. It was baseball cards for women.

Sep 12, 2008
Beanie Babies

I'm guessing we still have around 100 in storage as well.. maybe someday.