Nick Cannon Gets His Job Back After Calling White People ‘Savages.’ This Is How Real Privilege Works.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Its fun to see the vile racism allowed by dems and their supporters while chastizing everyone else for "muh racism".

While Wallen’s star is rapidly plummeting after saying one offensive thing — a thing which, if context matters, was said drunkenly and in jest — another star is ascending again after a minor and temporary dip. The juxtaposition is instructive. Nick Cannon and ViacomCBS have reunited and the production of his VH1 series “Wild ’N Out” will resume, following a brief suspension of their relationship following comments Cannon made on his podcast last summer. What provoked the backlash was Cannon’s claim that black people can’t be anti-Semitic because they “are the Semitic people” and “the true Hebrews.” “It’s never hate speech, you can’t be anti-Semitic when we are the Semitic people,” he said. “When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright. We are the true Hebrews.” This is what prompted the brief severing of ties with ViacomCBS, and an apology from Cannon. That is all water under the bridge now, apparently, and Cannon’s career is back on track.
The “true Hebrews” stuff wasn’t the only problematic thing he said during that podcast. The even more offensive and racist remarks were never acknowledged by most of the media, or by Cannon himself, or even by ViacomCBS when they initially condemned his statements. Cannon in fact has faced no consequence — not even a temporary consequence — for the rest of his racist diatribe, in which he claimed that white people have a “lack of compassion” because of their melanin deficiency. If that wasn’t enough, he also said that white people are “a little less” (inferior to people with darker skin) and that because they don’t have “the power of the Sun” (?) they have behaved “out of fear, out of low self-esteem, out of deficiency” and acted “evil,” robbing and raping in order to survive. White people, Cannon said, “are closer to animals” and are “the true savages“:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Its fun to see the vile racism allowed by dems and their supporters while chastizing everyone else for "muh racism".

While Wallen’s star is rapidly plummeting after saying one offensive thing — a thing which, if context matters, was said drunkenly and in jest — another star is ascending again after a minor and temporary dip. The juxtaposition is instructive. Nick Cannon and ViacomCBS have reunited and the production of his VH1 series “Wild ’N Out” will resume, following a brief suspension of their relationship following comments Cannon made on his podcast last summer. What provoked the backlash was Cannon’s claim that black people can’t be anti-Semitic because they “are the Semitic people” and “the true Hebrews.” “It’s never hate speech, you can’t be anti-Semitic when we are the Semitic people,” he said. “When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright. We are the true Hebrews.” This is what prompted the brief severing of ties with ViacomCBS, and an apology from Cannon. That is all water under the bridge now, apparently, and Cannon’s career is back on track.
The “true Hebrews” stuff wasn’t the only problematic thing he said during that podcast. The even more offensive and racist remarks were never acknowledged by most of the media, or by Cannon himself, or even by ViacomCBS when they initially condemned his statements. Cannon in fact has faced no consequence — not even a temporary consequence — for the rest of his racist diatribe, in which he claimed that white people have a “lack of compassion” because of their melanin deficiency. If that wasn’t enough, he also said that white people are “a little less” (inferior to people with darker skin) and that because they don’t have “the power of the Sun” (?) they have behaved “out of fear, out of low self-esteem, out of deficiency” and acted “evil,” robbing and raping in order to survive. White people, Cannon said, “are closer to animals” and are “the true savages“:
Thing is, Wallen isn't plummeting, unless you're a white liberal that wants to make it true. I see people coming to his side of all races and political persuasions. In fact, there are people now that are discovering his music that never would have tried it before.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Who's "Wallen".

Sounds like both celebrity's (if that's what they are) career arc is taking similar career redemption paths for similar misconduct....a temporary downturn, statements of contrition, and a slow uptick and return.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Nick Cannon also stepped back and retracted his statement. You know about the Christian principles of salvation and atonement, no?
Sure I do. I frankly don't care if he is allowed to come back. Just don't see the same opportunity for Wallen when that time comes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2016
US
Tip: Steer far and away clear of any media outlet. It's astonishing how many people have become so entranced and intoxicated by whatever garbage one media outlet pumps out, to compete with other media outlets that are pumping out even more garbage.. rinse repeat.

I do not understand the allure of the media. I do not care who calls who what, color of skin, religious belief or lack thereof. The entire US media apparatus is designed for one thing and one thing only.. to propagate the most extremist scenerio imaginable, all for that mighty stack of United States dollar bills.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Tip: Steer far and away clear of any media outlet. It's astonishing how many people have become so entranced and intoxicated by whatever garbage one media outlet pumps out, to compete with other media outlets that are pumping out even more garbage.. rinse repeat.

I do not understand the allure of the media. I do not care who calls who what, color of skin, religious belief or lack thereof. The entire US media apparatus is designed for one thing and one thing only.. to propagate the most extremist scenerio imaginable, all for that mighty stack of United States dollar bills.
One other thing, please quit telling me about your sex preferences I don't want to know.