NFL Playoffs

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's crazy to me that two good offensive teams have it end with a touchdown which was almost assured for whomever won the toss. As soon as the chiefs won the toss it was over...and you could tell from the reaction of the players...even the Bills on the sideline IMHO.

Dec 9, 2013
So NFL OT rules send Chiefs to Championship game...crazy..not really the way it should be. NFL needs to change the rules on OT's...Coin flip shouldn't mean anything in OT.
I’m a huge Chief’s fan but my son and I said the same thing after the Chief’s won the toss.

Side note. Guy on the bills sideline didn’t make the best decision when he kicked the ball into the endzone w 13 left. Kick that to the 5 or 10 and it’s game over.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I’m a huge Chief’s fan but my son and I said the same thing after the Chief’s won the toss.

Side note. Guy on the bills sideline didn’t make the best decision when he kicked the ball into the endzone w 13 left. Kick that to the 5 or 10 and it’s game over.
I don't know, the special teams had already broken once. They may have learned from Stoops' mistake

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
Most exciting slate of games in one weekend I've ever seen. 4/4 decided at the very end, and all kinds of different paths to get there.
SF/GB-Snowy & cold, with a special teams collapse by GB being the deciding factor.

Tenn/Cinn-Defensive fight with Cincinnati breaking years of ineptitude

LA/TB-looked like a repeat of the Falcons collapse in the SB. LA tried to give them the game back, even with Stafford almost fumbling them the ball on what ended up being the game winning drive. Then a complete flip, as TB made one of the worst defensive end of game strategy decisions ever...

KC/Buffalo-WOW (how good are Josh Allen & Mahomes?)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So, once again, home team, KC, wins the coin toss...IMHO likely the game as Cinci defense has to be tired. The NFL really has to fix this next year. Really a bad rule with the first touchdown thing. Of course Cinci has held them the entire half so you never know...but to me, no doubt, it gives the team that wins the coin flip an unfair advantage. Once again, just a stupid rule about IF first team get's TD it's over. However, maybe Cheifs with mess it up.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
So, once again, home team, KC, wins the coin toss...IMHO likely the game as Cinci defense has to be tired. The NFL really has to fix this next year. Really a bad rule with the first touchdown thing. Of course Cinci has held them the entire half so you never know...but to me, no doubt, it gives the team that wins the coin flip an unfair advantage. Once again, just a stupid rule about IF first team get's TD it's over. However, maybe Cheifs with mess it up.
Interception!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
KC is close to done here. How does the rule work for first possessions for the team that losses the toss?

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have to think this year finally changes the OT rule.

I think college actually does OT right.
I like a proposal I heard after the Bills-Chiefs game: do the OT coin toss at the beginning of the game instead of after regulation ends.

In this scenario, the teams know who will get the ball first in OT, and consequently they'll play the end of regulation differently. For instance, if you're the road team and have just scored a late TD and the PAT would tie it and likely force OT, you might just go for 2 and the win there.

Aug 16, 2012
Disagree, Watching one TD after another just seems ridiculous. I don't know why they just don't play another 15 minute quarter.
Agree. Clock management has to come into play.

However, I do like a lot about the college version, but think the ball should be started at no less than the 50, something where automatic field goals are taken off the table.

Do like @gundysburner idea as well which could be incorporated no matter how it is configured.