NFL Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 12, 2018
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Took until the 6th round for a player to be drafted from one of the best defenses in college football last season. A testament to coaching and the overall chemistry, hardwork & determination of those players.

Good luck to Malcolm!

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Any word on Tre Sterling? Selfishly, I was bummed when he decided to go pro. Not that we won’t be fine, but he was an electrifying player and fun to watch. I felt like we were robbed of his last year. But as I understand, he has a kiddo now and is ready to support his family.

I didn’t think he would get drafted based solely on timing of injury but really hoping he would get scooped up as a UFA. Not seeing anything about him.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I know I’m beating a dead horse but I effin LOVE it.

The recruiting classes of 18 & 19 would be this year’s Junior and Seniors.

Texas had (2) 5 Star and (32) 4 Star guys in those classes.

Texas had 0 players drafted this year. :lol:

marvin7

Wrangler
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
Meanwhile, Cincinatti had 9 players drafted while we had 2 (or 3 if you count Jelani Woods). We better not believe the "OKstate should be the cream of the new Big12 crop talk" so much that we take for granted the difficulty of competing even in a conference without OU.

Houston also had 3 picks—all defense, interestingly, since last year's Houston D allowed* 22, 24, 30, & 28 in one four-game span against the likes of Tulane, East Carolina, SMU, & South Florida, while our D allowed* a max of 24 points all season—yet Houston had more defensive players drafted than us.
*this subtracts out defensive and special teams scores

BYU and UCF both had 1 drafted.

NinjaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
I find it interesting that Tay Martin and Kennedy Brooks did not get drafted. Both are play makers.
I find that odd as well. KB is my cousin, he was sign as a undrafted free agent to the Eagles.
I hope Tay Martin fine success as well.

it seems the draft class was quite brutal. No RB in the 1st round of picks.

Glad to see Malcom Rodriguez get picked up, as well.