NFL Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
Has anybody done any research or looked through various mock drafts to have any idea of who's getting drafted and when?

I've seen a little on Malcolm Rodriguez and it seems like he will for sure get drafted at some point. Anyone else?

Rodriguez
Sterling
Harvell-Peel
Sills
Harper
Holmes
Martin
Warren

Those are off the top of my head I see at least getting picked up after the draft. Haven't seen if any others will get drafted besides Rodriguez

Aug 19, 2006
Has anybody done any research or looked through various mock drafts to have any idea of who's getting drafted and when?

I've seen a little on Malcolm Rodriguez and it seems like he will for sure get drafted at some point. Anyone else?

Rodriguez
Sterling
Harvell-Peel
Sills
Harper
Holmes
Martin
Warren

Those are off the top of my head I see at least getting picked up after the draft. Haven't seen if any others will get drafted besides Rodriguez
Sounds like Sills, Martin and Warren are likely to go undrafted. The others all have a shot at getting picked at some point.

Good group of guys. Hopefully they will all make it onto rosters one way or the other.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Saw a few position rankings a couple of months ago and Holmes was listed as the 9th or 10th best corner. Not sure what his stock ended up doing after things like the Senior Bowl.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

Rodriguez
Sterling
Harvell-Peel
Sills
Harper
Holmes
Martin
Warren

If Malcolm goes as low as many have projected, someone’s gonna get a steal.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
Cincy had a 1st round pick in this year's draft, so the new-comers beat the existing Big 12 teams as well. And existing Big 12 still includes OU and UT; neither of which had a first round pick. Hard to believe there was not one first round pick in the entire conference two years in a row.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Cincy had a 1st round pick in this year's draft, so the new-comers beat the existing Big 12 teams as well. And existing Big 12 still includes OU and UT; neither of which had a first round pick. Hard to believe there was not one first round pick in the entire conference two years in a row.
It doesn't get much better if you look back further than 2 years. The SEC advantage in the draft has become staggering. UGA had 5, FIVE defensive players taken in last night's first round.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
The numbers speak for themselves on who the NFL values. Doubt many picks have anything to do with marketing.
We'll just have to disagree on that. Superior marketing raises the image and everything else about a conference. TV exposure and everything else started with superior marketing. "All else being relatively equal, pick an SEC player because they played in a superior league".

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
We'll just have to disagree on that. Superior marketing raises the image and everything else about a conference. TV exposure and everything else started with superior marketing. "All else being relatively equal, pick an SEC player because they played in a superior league".
But that marketing goes full circle, in that the top recruits out of high school go to the SEC more than any other conference giving them a deeper talent pool. There is no rational argument that the SEC does not have a lot more NFL talent than other conferences.

Absolutely where you play matters. If all things are equal and I have film on a guy that is going against 2 or 3 other top round prospects vs a guy that is going against none, of course I’m looking to the guy with experience and more proof in the pudding.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
But that marketing goes full circle, in that the top recruits out of high school go to the SEC more than any other conference giving them a deeper talent pool. There is no rational argument that the SEC does not have a lot more NFL talent than other conferences.

Absolutely where you play matters. If all things are equal and I have film on a guy that is going against 2 or 3 other top round prospects vs a guy that is going against none, of course I’m looking to the guy with experience and more proof in the pudding.
I agree that the top teams in the SEC have some of the best talent and that marketing goes full circle - BUT marketing and exposure while in college helps exaggerate it even more. Georgia didn't just have 5 players in the first round, all 5 players; 2 DT's, an ILB and a DE were take before anyone other players drafted at those positions in the entire NCAA.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have a hard time believing Pickett will come in and beat Mason in a true qb competition this summer
They benched Mason for Duck Hodges 2 seasons ago, for a reason. Mason's going to need to stop checking down constantly and get the ball down the field. He's still got Johnson and Claypool-two very good targets, get them the ball.

If their OL isn't massively improved, it may not matter who the QB is.

Oct 30, 2012
I tend to never have bias towards Ok St players come draft time, I stay level headed but I’ll die on the hill that Rodriguez is late first to high second round talent. I’d bet money he has a great NFL career. Whoever takes the chance on him will be getting an absolute steal! Go be great 20!

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I tend to never have bias towards Ok St players come draft time, I stay level headed but I’ll die on the hill that Rodriguez is late first to high second round talent. I’d bet money he has a great NFL career. Whoever takes the chance on him will be getting an absolute steal! Go be great 20!
Has Patriots written all over him, imo.