NFL Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
We can just disagree here. Lamar can't throw an accurate ball.
When I said that I didn't realize they had drafted another receiver and signed one. I just knew that they signed and played a past his prime Dez Bryant last year. Still a good organization to be around. 11-5 last year and a Wild Card round win. He will learn how to be a professional football player there for sure even if he is not there long term.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Strong words from someone that didn't make any real predictions, himself...

He went higher than he should have IMO. Thought he'd go in rounds 3-5 last when predicting in Nov., but thought maybe he would fall to 5 for some reason. Definitely the first time in history that a prediction was off by one round :rolleyes:

View attachment 90012
This you?
If anything, he'll go later than round 5. He doesn't offer anything special when compared to NFL-level backs, and he's shown that he could be an off-the-field ticking time bomb with his antics last summer.

If anyone takes him "early", I could see it being Seattle. They've shown interest in multiple OSU players in the past, Chris Carson can't make it through an entire season, and their organization is seemingly somewhat supportive of outspoken social justice efforts.

My guess is that at least half the league views him as un-draftable due to his social media stir. Maybe more than that. And that could easily push him into later rounds.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
It is when you have the same Head coach that is an offensive guy who is running his system that bridges between those receivers.

When that coaches receivers come into the league as not as good of route runners as needed, not able to read defenses very well etc . .because basically all they did in College was run fade routes, go routes, out routes and deep posts NFL teams put a tag in that coaches offensive sysyem and whether it is conducive to producing a good NFL receiver or not.

So...if Dez, Blackmon and Washington weren't good route runners when they left OSU then that will greatly affect the NFL's view of Wallace a d any other outside receiver that comes out of OSU.

You can go back and look at the routes giys like Bowman, Wallace, Washington, Blackmon ran at OSU and make a determination as to whether you think those routes had them prepared for the NFL.
This post is a classic example of how far you have your head up your own ass.

Did you even read his post or my response before you hit reply? So eager to trash Gundy...

If players are not crisp route runners in “Gundy’s System.” Scouts will see it. Teams will know it and will draft the player accordingly. If you don’t think talent scouts have the ability to see through a system and what a player brings to the table, I don’t know what to tell you.

FWIW, the post was about OSU busts impacting TW... The names that were mentioned we’re all guys that had major injury issues and a drug problem.... Not route running.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
This post is a classic example of how far you have your head up your own ass.

Did you even read his post or my response before you hit reply? So eager to trash Gundy...

If players are not crisp route runners in “Gundy’s System.” Scouts will see it. Teams will know it and will draft the player accordingly. If you don’t think talent scouts have the ability to see through a system and what a player brings to the table, I don’t know what to tell you.

FWIW, the post was about OSU busts impacting TW... The names that were mentioned we’re all guys that had major injury issues and a drug problem.... Not route running.
The original comment you replied to was that the past history of OSU receivers doesn't warrant a top 3 round pick.

You made the statement that where TW went to school has no bearing on where he got drafted and I explained why I disagree by showing the route tree deficiencies our revivers in the past have had in their scouting reports.

And... Then... Here's a direct quote in Wallace's Scouting report.
"HIs route tree needs to expand as well, but that is mostly a product of the Oklahoma State offense"

So....You're also welcome to rebut any of the scouting reports on the receivers I've mentioned , including Wallace, and why the scouts are wrong and why you are right about their route trees and how that affects receivers at OSU getting drafted.

Heck.. . It's not even all about not being crisp route runners, it's also about not even being expised to much of the route tree itself.

If you choose to disagree with those scouts and their scouting reports and want to believe what you want to believe instead, then that's up to you.

If you don't want to believe those factors hurt OSU receivers then that's your choice too.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
The original comment you replied to was that the past history of OSU receivers doesn't warrant a top 3 round pick.

I explained why. That's 100% totally relevant to the discussion.

So....You're also welcome to rebut any of the scouting reports on the receivers I mentioned and why the scouts are wrong and why you are right about their route trees and how that affects receivers at OSU getting drafted.

Heck.. . It's not even all about not being crisp route runners, it's also about not even being expised to much of the route tree itself.

If you choose to disagree with those scouts and their scouting reports and want to what you want to believe instead, then that's up to you.

If you don't want to believe those factors hurt OSU receivers then that's on you too.
Wrong... Again proving that your respond without reading. At least you’re consistent.

I was responding to the fact that he supplied a receiver that was drafted 30+ years ago, a receiver that had a catastrophic knee injury, and a receiver with a substance abuse problem as anecdotal evidence that OSU receivers are busts. Which is illogical.

Later in the post I went on to talk about some of the tangible and intangible things scouts look for. Which - if you take it for what I said, even kinda supports your position. Not that I agree with it, but it does.

But you’re so quick to argue and and find a way to bash Gundy, that you don’t even respond to what is actually being said. Zero credibility.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Wrong... Again proving that your respond without reading. At least you’re consistent.

I was responding to the fact that he supplied a receiver that was drafted 30+ years ago, a receiver that had a catastrophic knee injury, and a receiver with a substance abuse problem as anecdotal evidence that OSU receivers are busts. Which is illogical.

Later in the post I went on to talk about some of the tangible and intangible things scouts look for. Which - if you take it for what I said, even kinda supports your position. Not that I agree with it, but it does.

But you’re so quick to argue and and find a way to bash Gundy, that you don’t even respond to what is actually being said. Zero credibility.
It's all on page 1 of this thread

Here was your quote

"Like you said, his injury history is likely what’s pushing him down in the draft but where he went to school isn’t a factor."

I Disagree with that and have explained why.

i think coming out of OSU's system our receivers are getting knocked for not having enough exposure to the route tree.

And I've shown direct quotes to show scouting reports on past OSU and Wallace to reflect that view.

Here's another Scouting report comment on Wallace
"Wallace has been a prolific option in the team’s offense. An offense with mostly Air Raid principles, his responsibilities were limited to a select few when running routes on the perimeter."

Now... When you combine that with the same type of comments about past receivers scouting reports at OSU, then, the correlation is pretty clear.

I'm off the opnion this is hurting OSU receivers stock with NFL Scouts.

And.... Like I said, you're welcome to disagree.

Last edited:

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
No, this is him.
He went from Round 2 (last year) to 7th round or UDFA this season, and could maybe get into the 5th round or so with a good year next year.

I just hope if he does declare that he's able to make a roster. If he can stay focused and healthy, he could definitely be a fringe starter or quality RB2. He would be perfect in a 2-3 RB rotation committee somewhere.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
He went from Round 2 (last year) to 7th round or UDFA this season, and could maybe get into the 5th round or so with a good year next year.

I just hope if he does declare that he's able to make a roster. If he can stay focused and healthy, he could definitely be a fringe starter or quality RB2. He would be perfect in a 2-3 RB rotation committee somewhere.
He also said this

He went in round 4 which is exactly between rounds 3 and 5.

That's pretty spot on
It was funny, the more shit he took in that thread the better his rating of Chuba got.
This is highly entertaining. @Birry is all over the place in his predictions and Mr. Knowitall is all over the place trying to defend him.

GET A ROOM!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
This is highly entertaining. @Birry is all over the place in his predictions and Mr. Knowitall is all over the place trying to defend him.

GET A ROOM!
My stance was always predicting round 3-5, and was leaning towards round 5 right up to draft day, but wouldn't have been surprised to see him fall some *if* NFL owners were somehow upset by his social media stir. That's all I was trying to say. But of course you'll interpret it however you want in your desperate attempt to maintain your internet tough guy perception.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
My stance was always predicting round 3-5, and was leaning towards round 5 right up to draft day, but wouldn't have been surprised to see him fall some *if* NFL owners were somehow upset by his social media stir. That's all I was trying to say. But of course you'll interpret it however you want in your desperate attempt to maintain your internet tough guy perception.
3- 5 \= 3- UDFA

You are so cute when you're dead wrong then double down. Don't ever change.