NFL Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Because he has a chance to start right away, they have a good QB, and a winning culture
A chance to start right away?

They already have Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews, they added Sammy Watkins and drafted Rashod Bateman. That’s a tall order to break in to before you remember they prefer not to wing the ball around.

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo

They already have Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews, they added Sammy Watkins and drafted Rashod Bateman. That’s a tall order to break in to before you remember they prefer not to wing the ball around.
Not to mention they’ve been front runners to trade for Julio. Maybe that’ll cool after the draft since they got Bateman, but idk. I do think they’ll sling it a little more this season. You need to see what Lamar can do throwing the ball before you give him that fat contract

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Tyreek Hill is one of the top WRs in the NFL... And don’t give me that he wasn’t OSU...

“Plus” would indicate that it’s a part of the decision making criteria. Do you think a team looking to Draft TW is like...”Man I like this cat but 32 years ago Dykes didn’t live up to his 1st round potential.” Or “yeah it’s impressive what TW did the last couple of years but 17 years ago Woods blew his knee out.” Blackmon’s disease isn’t a factor either..

WRs are drafted off their tangibles... Height, Weight, Speed, Vertical, etc. Intangibles, route running, blocking, catching. Injuries and -off the field- are major factors. Like you said, his injury history is likely what’s pushing him down in the draft but where he went to school isn’t a factor.
It is when you have the same Head coach that is an offensive guy who is running his system that bridges between those receivers.

When that coaches receivers come into the league as not as good of route runners as needed, not able to read defenses very well etc . .because basically all they did in College was run fade routes, go routes, out routes and deep posts NFL teams put a tag in that coaches offensive sysyem and whether it is conducive to producing a good NFL receiver or not.

So...if Dez, Blackmon and Washington weren't good route runners when they left OSU then that will greatly affect the NFL's view of Wallace a d any other outside receiver that comes out of OSU.

You can go back and look at the routes giys like Bowman, Wallace, Washington, Blackmon ran at OSU and make a determination as to whether you think those routes had them prepared for the NFL.
Or maybe they had a coach in college that played to their strengths and was good at not exposing their weaknesses. Or maybe, just maybe, Mike Gundy isn’t to blame for everything that happens in the universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Or maybe they had a coach in college that played to their strengths and was good at not exposing their weaknesses. Or maybe, just maybe, Mike Gundy isn’t to blame for everything that happens in the universe.

You can come to your own conclusion

But these are quotes directly from scouting reports from our last 3 NFL prospects at receiver.

Dez Bryant
"Bryant hasn't been asked to run a full route tree and may have to learn some in this area. His best route is clearly the quick slant."

Justin Blackmon
" For the most part, Blackmon has been used on slants and deep go routes. It's not something that should be held against him, though, if he's not asked to run complex routes. "

James Washington
" Exposure to the route tree is limited"

I'll promise you the fact that these 3 guys all had limited route tree exposure will have an impact on every future receiver OSU has that is trying to get drafted.

Last edited:

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Really surprised Chuba went ahead of Wallace, especially considering the run on WRs that's happened in this draft.
I think COVID restrictions really hurt Wallace. They saw knee injury and brother with two knee injuries and got spooked.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Can’t be. I was assured it wouldn’t happen until at least the fifth round.
Strong words from someone that didn't make any real predictions, himself...

He went higher than he should have IMO. Thought he'd go in rounds 3-5 last when predicting in Nov., but thought maybe he would fall to 5 for some reason. Definitely the first time in history that a prediction was off by one round :rolleyes:

1619896510057.png

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Agreed. Not a great spot for him to land.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
No Rodarious in the 5th round headed to the 6th. Hopefully all these Pokes use this draft as motivation in the league

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

You can come to your own conclusion

But these are quotes directly from scouting reports from our last 3 NFL prospects at receiver.

Dez Bryant
"Bryant hasn't been asked to run a full route tree and may have to learn some in this area. His best route is clearly the quick slant."

Justin Blackmon
" For the most part, Blackmon has been used on slants and deep go routes. It's not something that should be held against him, though, if he's not asked to run complex routes. "

James Washington
" Exposure to the route tree is limited"

I'll promise you the fact that these 3 guys all had limited route tree exposure will have an impact on every future receiver OSU has that is trying to get drafted.
The only words “you” need for any post is “it’s Gundys fault”. Bullets only response.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
The only words “you” need for any post is “it’s Gundys fault”. Bullets only response.

You're more than welcome to point out why you're right and those scouting reports were wrong and how they don't affect OSU receivers in the draft that come out of this system.

Your complete lack of substance in your responses remind me of a Coach that immediately starts blaming officials.

It's it dead giveaway that they don't know what else to do.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Tylan Wallace went to the one place I truly hoped he would not go. He will never reach his potential with Lamar at QB. Hopefully there is still interest in him after his rookie contract.

If you play DFS or any other version of Fantasy Football, avoid Tylan until Lamar develops an ACCURATE DEEP BALL.