Next Ring of Honor honoree?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Next into the Ring on Honor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
We now have five players who have been inducted (or soon will be) into the College Football Hall of Fame.

Sanders and Thomas are already in the Ring. Who do you think should be next?

Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
If Fenimore was still alive I was vote for him to be next. But since he isn't I would like to honor the guys still alive and whose honoring has potential to make the most impact on the program. O'Neal was elected to HOF first so he gets my vote for next. Miller next year. Fenimore the year after. I would also like to see statues of these guys beside Barry.

Mar 30, 2005
7 Island Suite
Surprised that Hart Lee Dykes wasn’t an option.;)

In seriousness, I think it will be Fenimore. Isn’t his number already part of the paisley design on the along with Barry and Thurman?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I'd sure like to see Walt Garrison get inducted/hoonored while his health would allow him to attend in person.

Last time this subject got brought up someone posted that he wasn't doing too well. :(:(:(

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I voted O'Neal. I think being in the the NFL HoF gave Thurman and Barry the right to be first. After that, you probably have to go based on the order of selection to the College HoF.

So that would be:
Bob Fenimore (1972)
Leslie O’Neal (2020)
Terry Miller (2022)

Mar 8, 2010
I'd sure like to see Walt Garrison get inducted/hoonored while his health would allow him to attend in person.

Last time this subject got brought up someone posted that he wasn't doing too well. :(:(:(

Me too! I realize his numbers aren’t off the charts, but he played on some really bad teams back then. He is a true Cowboy (OSU, Dallas & Rodeo) through and through and is the absolute perfect example of the “Cowboy Culture”

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Me too! I realize his numbers aren’t off the charts, but he played on some really bad teams back then. He is a true Cowboy (OSU, Dallas & Rodeo) through and through and is the absolute perfect example of the “Cowboy Culture”
I luckily got to meet him "in person" one time in Stillwater, around 1995/96, so he would have been a little over 50 yrs old. Not crapping you... the man still looked in playing form. He was just a physical "rock" of a man. And I will never, EVER, forget the handshake he gave me. It was firm, respectful, and crushing all at the same time. Like I was shaking the hand of a living, breathing Super Hero.

And in a way, I was.

Sep 12, 2008
"Hi. I'm Walt Garrison and I don't smoke, but I still in enjoy that great tobacco flavor..."

If you have some spare time, this is good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTkLc3QyOQ

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
"Hi. I'm Walt Garrison and I don't smoke, but I still in enjoy that great tobacco flavor..."

If you have some spare time, this is good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTkLc3QyOQ
I will MAKE time. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup: