New Softball Stadium

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Not hard to understand if you think of a smaller version of the Sherman Smith Center but filled with training equipment and offices.
Sherman center is huge. How much smaller are we talking? I’m not against wrestling getting their new digs, just seems like a staggering number. I hope it happens and the push towards the original athletic village vision keeps happening.

Sep 12, 2008
Sherman center is huge. How much smaller are we talking? I’m not against wrestling getting their new digs, just seems like a staggering number. I hope it happens and the push towards the original athletic village vision keeps happening.
If they could make the new wrestling complex the same size as the old Gallagher arena that should work. That place was packed to the rafters and loud during the 70's wrestling matches. Good times.

StatePoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 29, 2005
If they could make the new wrestling complex the same size as the old Gallagher arena that should work. That place was packed to the rafters and loud during the 70's wrestling matches. Good times.
I've thought for years that we could use a new Gallager Hall sized 6,000 seat arena for wrestling and women's basketball, so they could always compete in loud packed arenas. It would be cool if they could put it on the old football practice field by GIA to share resources.

Apr 14, 2009
Don’t hold your breath on a new stadium. Unless a financial contribution of a major size has been locked down.
Financial problems because of Covid at our school is bad just like every other school.

I really like Kenny but to think he will be a lifelong Coach at O-State is not very realistic.
If a big dog school wants to hire him away MONEY talks loud.
Ask Texas Tech.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Don’t hold your breath on a new stadium. Unless a financial contribution of a major size has been locked down.
Financial problems because of Covid at our school is bad just like every other school.

I really like Kenny but to think he will be a lifelong Coach at O-State is not very realistic.
If a big dog school wants to hire him away MONEY talks loud.
Ask Texas Tech.
evidently you don’t know what you’re talking about. He already turned down Texas a couple years ago. Texas is a powerhouse program in softball and with their resources and a brand new field coming in the immediate future...hard to turn down. He ended up signing an extension. He’s expressed multiple times of making Stillwater his home. I’m just going to assume you don’t follow cowgirl softball. In essence, stick to jim littell and cowgirl basketball.

Jun 27, 2018
okc
Wrestling will always be in the arena that is the only arena named after a wrestling coach. Nobody is even considering moving out of it. They need training facilities only. One consideration is a woman's team one day. Smith has stated that they have talked about adding on in the future. So, we will need double the facilities then.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
evidently you don’t know what you’re talking about. He already turned down Texas a couple years ago. Texas is a powerhouse program in softball and with their resources and a brand new field coming in the immediate future...hard to turn down. He ended up signing an extension. He’s expressed multiple times of making Stillwater his home. I’m just going to assume you don’t follow cowgirl softball. In essence, stick to jim littell and cowgirl basketball.
I think the only real reason he leaves is for OU since hes an OU guy.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I think the only real reason he leaves is for OU since hes an OU guy.
possibly...but he’s far from a lock. Tim Walton at Florida is an OU guy. Also her son is being groomed to possibly take over the job. The associate coach is also an OU alum and if they wanted to keep a woman as the HC, she’s more than qualified. Kenny would be on the shortlist, but he’s far from a lock

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
possibly...but he’s far from a lock. Tim Walton at Florida is an OU guy. Also her son is being groomed to possibly take over the job. The associate coach is also an OU alum and if they wanted to keep a woman as the HC, she’s more than qualified. Kenny would be on the shortlist, but he’s far from a lock
I didn't know all that but just saying that if he were to leave thats probably the only place he would go. His Yankees job.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Exactly correct. And I would put former long time OU assistant under Gasso and current Oregon head coach be considered to take over before Coach G.

I believe JT Gasso would be the front runner to replace his mom. He has their hitting putting up godly numbers.

Jennifer Rocha the OU assistant coach is the only other than JT that has a good shot.

Oregon Coach Melissa Lombardi spent 21 yrs under Gasso as assistant. It was a difficult decision for her to leave Norman. She would come back in a heartbeat to take the head coaching job.

Tim Walton would be a surprise. I think he happy where he is at.

Coach G cherish his times when he was a player and assistant there. But it’s not the end all be all to go back to OU. Just a hunch with the few times talking to him. It’s been said before, he turned down the Texas job that has more resources than we do. He loves this state and loyal to OSU for giving him his first shot as head coach.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Exactly correct. And I would put former long time OU assistant under Gasso and current Oregon head coach be considered to take over before Coach G.

I believe JT Gasso would be the front runner to replace his mom. He has their hitting putting up godly numbers.

Jennifer Rocha the OU assistant coach is the only other than JT that has a good shot.

Oregon Coach Melissa Lombardi spent 21 yrs under Gasso as assistant. It was a difficult decision for her to leave Norman. She would come back in a heartbeat to take the head coaching job.

Tim Walton would be a surprise. I think he happy where he is at.

Coach G cherish his times when he was a player and assistant there. But it’s not the end all be all to go back to OU. Just a hunch with the few times talking to him. It’s been said before, he turned down the Texas job that has more resources than we do. He loves this state and loyal to OSU for giving him his first shot as head coach.
OU has a ton of options in terms of their coaching tree...Kenny would give them an interview no question, and likely a top 5 candidate. Kenny really loves OSU. Softball isn't like basketball where coaches move around job to job. Once someone gets a job, they tend to stay there, including assistants. In terms of Patty Gasso, it doesn't seem like she's retiring anytime soon. That women truly loves the game of softball, and being a mentor for these women.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Lets play like we are happy about our coach and the possibility of a new stadium, and feel like the coach is committed to OSU. Isn't that a neat idea to think about instead of all this might happen negative BS?

Apr 14, 2009
E6097D2C-3478-4F19-9A3C-5CDF584855AC.jpeg