New Mexico Transfer Bayron Matos

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Looks like good size, but i feel Kouma kinda fills the role he would play here, although he could be a bit more athletic and dynamic. In a perfect world I would like a big who can stretch the floor a little more.

Sep 23, 2010
Even with the kid from Cuse, we aren't exactly getting involved with the dudes who are surefire players. But, Bryce Williams could have been fit in that category and he played well for us this year in a role.

Sep 23, 2010
Seems like we are carpet bombing a lot of players that will only provide players to practice against.
Either that or we are finding talented kids who didn't quite fit where they were at as well. We certainly aren't scoring proven transfers like others are at this point. But there's still going to be plenty of activity in the portal. The looming NCAA stuff can't be helping us.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
We cannot have all the 6-9 215lb players on the roster. We need to have a wide body in case we are losing physically to some teams have BIGS banging hard inside for positions or creating mismatches.

Mar 27, 2008
Looks like good size, but i feel Kouma kinda fills the role he would play here, although he could be a bit more athletic and dynamic. In a perfect world I would like a big who can stretch the floor a little more.
This is what I have been thinking also. Kouma showed a lot of potential and has the body frame to get there. He showed good touch around the basket and played his roll exceptionally well last season. It will be interesting to see how he fills out this offseason in the weight room. How many opponents in the Big12 will have an actual big body center? KU and TCU are the only ones that come to mind.