NeverMadeItToCampus All-Stars

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 2, 2011
To think we had Gerald Green and Keith Brumbaugh and neither one had an impact

I was a freshman in the fall of 05'
Our #1 recruiting class
Coming off the Lucas Graham and Allen years
So much momentum, I had butterflies all summer thinking about going to the games as a student
We made the sweet 16 in March 2005 (two NCAA wins)
To think we have just two NCAA wins since...two tourney wins since I stepped foot on campus in fall of '05
And it all started with the #1 recruiting class (My freshman year)
Makes me sad

To top it off, it was also Gundy's first year....so football was bad too

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Another one I remember was during the Bob Simmons years. I can't remember the details, but we had offered a kid (I think out of Arkansas) a scholarship. During his Senior year, he suffered an injury that I seem to remember put him in a wheelchair for life?

Simmons honored his athletic scholarship to come to OSU even though he was not part of the football program. Class act by Simmons... I can't remember if the kid actually came to OSU or not...

EDIT:
Kenyana Tolbert was the kids name. Found this story from the O'colly:

https://www.ocolly.com/osu-keeps-pr...cle_1935d895-6b1e-57ba-a5ec-0132f44c2186.html
Made me research him and how he turned out. Took several stories and many links but what a great kid! We all missed out. He not only survived but thrived even paralyzed. 2009 it all came to an end but his story lives on. Particularly how he influenced so many to be better.