ndsu sends us a replacement for coach snyder ...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
Very short clip of the elder Coach Snyder near the end of the new coach video above. He looks very old, almost feeble in that shot. He was very tough to come back and stick it out as long as he did at his age.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
his last 2 years have been bad, but he did beat you guys twice, and almost got Iowa State this year too.
His teams were undisciplined this year, so you knew he'd lost it.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
his last 2 years have been bad, but he did beat you guys twice, and almost got Iowa State this year too.
His teams were undisciplined this year, so you knew he'd lost it.
??????.....???????.....!!!!!!!!

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
I predict this new coach will quickly have KSU as a force in B12 football while OSU appears to be getting comfortable in the middle of the pack. This year was declared a rebuilding year and many of the future potential parts are still only "potential" because no opportunities to develop/evaluate talent in games were taken.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I predict this new coach will quickly have KSU as a force in B12 football while OSU appears to be getting comfortable in the middle of the pack. This year was declared a rebuilding year and many of the future potential parts are still only "potential" because no opportunities to develop/evaluate talent in games were taken.
Yeah.. sure does; looking at our finishes the past few years I can see that.

18-19 tied for 7th
17-18 3rd
16-17 2nd
15-16 2nd

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think he just set himself up for a real struggle. Recruiting to, and winning in, Manhattan is not easy. Snyder pulled off a miracle which brings us to problem number two, never follow a legend. Nobody is bigger relative to the program than Snyder to K-State.

He may be a great coach but the fight he just took on may have him wishing he was back at NDSU enjoying their blustery winters.

NDSU:
1544974032888.png

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I think he just set himself up for a real struggle. Recruiting to, and winning in, Manhattan is not easy. Snyder pulled off a miracle which brings us to problem number two, never follow a legend. Nobody is bigger relative to the program than Snyder to K-State.

He may be a great coach but the fight he just took on may have him wishing he was back at NDSU enjoying their blustery winters.

NDSU:
View attachment 66929
He’s been able to recruit (Carson Wentz) and win in Fargo. He’s 67-6 over the last five years. I think KSU hit a home run.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
He’s been able to recruit (Carson Wentz) and win in Fargo. He’s 67-6 over the last five years. I think KSU hit a home run.
It's a good hire. It's also a real challenge. We'll see if that success can continue in a tougher competitive environment.

So who made the better hire, KU or KSU?

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
It's a good hire. It's also a real challenge. We'll see if that success can continue in a tougher competitive environment.

I'll hazard an answer, despite the mixed reviews of my previous input here. I think the KSU hire exceeds the KU hire by the slim margin of current superior competitive experience versus longer experience on larger stages by Miles. Both hires will not allow the previous B12 pecking order to remain static. We've seen how Miles doesn't suffer to leave traditional rivalries as the accepted order. Coach Klieman has determined that he has the stuff to be the man after "The Man" at a striving program that seeks notice and respect. I believe he accepts that mantle with the confidence that comes from superior achievement. I think it will serve him well in the KSU program.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX

I'd take Klieman over Miles. Miles is a weird dude, and I still question his in-game coaching. I've never seen anyone get luckier despite bone-headed play calls, clock mis-management, and lack of situational awareness.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
it's not at all clear what will come of sean snyder. mack brown has offered him the special teams job at unc. my guess though is that he stays in manhattan given bill's age and all. doesn't need the money. probably goes to the a.d.'s office. decision to come over the next few weeks.

klieman hire has been greeted with general approval up here. k-state sort in philosophy and temperament.

Sep 23, 2010
Based on resume, the Miles vs Klineman hire isn't even close. Miles came to OSU and changed things....before we built the stadium. Then he goes to LSU, wins a national title, and wins 10plus games every year. Now, does Miles have fuel left in the tank to recruit his tail off? Miles also has a far greater network of people and coaches to help him in recruiting.

Klineman's career was very much a journeyman's career prior to arriving to N. Dakoka St. He has not spent very much time at Power 5 level. His old boss who built the N Dakota monster is not killing it at Wyoming.