NCAA

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't see any way we avoid all the sanctions. Expect the scholly reduction to stand at the very least. The ncaa has shown they don't like to be second guessed or challenged so it wouldn't surprise me to see them uphold all of the sanctions despite the blatant bias it would show. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
I don't see any way we avoid all the sanctions. Expect the scholly reduction to stand at the very least. The ncaa has shown they don't like to be second guessed or challenged so it wouldn't surprise me to see them uphold all of the sanctions despite the blatant bias it would show. Hopefully I'm wrong.
they will lift the post-season ban. They are jack holes for banning us anyways. South Carolina did the same thing that Evans did and they just got probation. They should lift the ban because there is no reason we should be banned. Especially taking swift action when it was one guy doing it by himself.

Sep 12, 2008
I'm with Chuck on this...

"Former NBA star and current TNT analyst Charles Barkley blasted the NCAA on Sunday night calling the association the “Barney Fife of the world,” for their poor administration and enforcement."

Dec 17, 2011
I generally would say yes and yes but NCAA is under super fire right now. We could take them to court like the rumors were saying and we have a strong case given south Carolinas ruling. Idk if thr NCAA wants to deal with that, look how much fire they are under for the NCAAW tournament. It's embarrassing and the people running the NCAA need to get out.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
An organization which has long outlived it's usefulness and has succumbed to corruption. Much like our own government on the second point!
I disagree with you sir, all governments, including ours, were built on some type of "corruption" or how it was defined, at the time. The discussion is interminable, and usually depends upon what side of the payment one is fortunate or unfortunate to stand upon.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
they will lift the post-season ban. They are jack holes for banning us anyways. South Carolina did the same thing that Evans did and they just got probation. They should lift the ban because there is no reason we should be banned. Especially taking swift action when it was one guy doing it by himself.
South Carolina was evans too.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I generally would say yes and yes but NCAA is under super fire right now. We could take them to court like the rumors were saying and we have a strong case given south Carolinas ruling. Idk if thr NCAA wants to deal with that, look how much fire they are under for the NCAAW tournament. It's embarrassing and the people running the NCAA need to get out.
Also, didn't Georgia tech just win an appeal on a post season ban?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
I just can't imagine how difficult it is to recruit right now while we are still awaiting a decision from NCAA. We have a lot of momentum right now. There are a lot of good players in the transfer portal that would be great fit for our program, but it would be a tall task to convince someone to commit with the potential of not being tournament eligible next season.

Sep 29, 2006
I’m not a conspiracy guy so for those in the know, how much of this could be OU/Texas trying to keep one of the little 8 in check? Both schools have enormous sway at the higher levels of the NCAA and if nothing else could be pushing for this to be drawn out to hurt our recruiting.

I have no doubt that crap happens.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I’m not a conspiracy guy so for those in the know, how much of this could be OU/Texas trying to keep one of the little 8 in check? Both schools have enormous sway at the higher levels of the NCAA and if nothing else could be pushing for this to be drawn out to hurt our recruiting.

I have no doubt that crap happens.
I am always leery of UK. They also hold a lot sway and have some zealots that still despise Eddie Sutton.