NCAA Women's Golf Regionals

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
A little surprised to see our top 10 women's team not getting any attention here. They are currently in 4th place at the Stanford regional, 11 shots clear of the cut line. I believe they take 6 teams from each regional instead of 5, like on the men's side. So we should be in good shape to advance to nationals and hopefully bring our A games. Looks like they may have left their A game in Stillwater this week. Survive and advance.

On the flip side, OU went from 1st place to 9th in their regional. They're 5 shots back of the cut line. One more round tomorrow for all regionals.

http://www.golfstat.com/

Aug 16, 2012
I agree, they are playing really well and there are two players in particular that are really, really good.

On a better note, OU did not get in and none of their players did either as individuals.

On a sad note....I really feel for all the girls in the Baton Rouge Regional. In case you missed it, the NCAA cancelled the regional due to continuing rain and just put the top 6 teams and 3 individuals into the championship based on ranking going in. NCAA said the course WAS playable, but "not at championship level". Who cares? As every girl and coach there said, if everyone is playing the same course, just play it. The semantics about "championship" conditions were pathetic IMO.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I agree, they are playing really well and there are two players in particular that are really, really good.

On a better note, OU did not get in and none of their players did either as individuals.

On a sad note....I really feel for all the girls in the Baton Rouge Regional. In case you missed it, the NCAA cancelled the regional due and just put the top 6 teams and 3 individuals into the championship based on ranking going in. NCAA said the course WAS playable, but "not at championship level". Who cares? As every girl and coach there said, if everyone is playing the same course, just play it. The semantics about "championship" conditions were pathetic IMO.
Yeah. What was up with that?

Dec 11, 2011
Saved $$ versus working to try to improve playing conditions? I was wondering the same; comes across as extremely lazy & indifferent.