NCAA threatens pulling Women's College World Series in OKC over Transgender athletes bill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Everyone tried to bring up intersex on this type of debate. Only actual study on that shows they are . 00018%(I think that's the correct number of 0's) of the general population.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Non sequitur is very non sequitury.

Nobody was bringing up intersex in this debate here.

And I guess that small number of the general population isn't due fair consideration or access because it's so small. :rolleyes:
You are bringing up biology. There is xx or xy. Unless you are intersex which includes hermaphroditism. It is very relevant to this debate.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Ok, they can weigh in, but I honestly think they are being the normal paper tiger they usually are. If Florida or states with "blue blood" basketball/football programs challenged them, they would back down because they are already on the proverbial hot seat. It wouldn't surprise me that a decent majority of member schools want the ncaa gone and replaced.

Okay.

Duly noted.

Unless you are wanting me to argue with you about what you honestly thinl or believe what they will do in your hypothetical.

If so, not interested.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You are bringing up biology. There is xx or xy. Unless you are intersex which includes hermaphroditism. It is very relevant to this debate.

It's not relevant to anything I said in my post.

But cool....whatever.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I wasn't talking to you there. As you like to say, bye bye.

Maybe be a little clearer when you quote someone's post next time.

Just a kind word of advice.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
Whether or not you agree with the bill, what do you want oklahoma to do? Keep the bill and lose the WCWS or dismiss the bill and keep the WCWS? The NCAA has a free speech just like everyone else does to decide how they run their business, just like people denying lgbt people the right to service them based on their beliefs.

Nov 23, 2010
Whether or not you agree with the bill, what do you want oklahoma to do? Keep the bill and lose the WCWS or dismiss the bill and keep the WCWS? The NCAA has a free speech just like everyone else does to decide how they run their business, just like people denying lgbt people the right to service them based on their beliefs.
Dismiss the bill until it is proven that Oklahoma needs it. As it stands now, the current OSSAA rule has been sufficient and is in line with NCAA rules. This bill is just culture warring and unnecessary at this time.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I didn't quote your post.

I guess your "dyslexia" is kicking in.

Post #158, my post is quoted as well as Cody's. I received an alert you quoted me. You, in fact, did quote me and Cody as well.

You sure seem to be spoiling for an argument over nonsense.

I'm NOT your huckleberry for that.

Go try to play chess with someone else, pigeon.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I'd say drop it for now. There are other things that the legislature could focus on that affects far more kids than this issue does. I'm not saying there won't come a time when you stand up and tell the ncaa to go jump off a cliff....just don't think it's now.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I didn't quote your post.

I guess your "dyslexia" is kicking in.

Post #158, my post is quoted as well as Cody's. I received an alert you quoted me. You, in fact, did quote me and Cody as well.

You sure seem to be spoiling for an argument over nonsense.

I'm NOT your huckleberry for that.

Go try to play chess with someone else, pigeon.
I pressed reply to his post. Sorry that it included yours, but if you want to insinuate stupidity, you couldn't tell that you weren't the immediate quote but instead quoted from him? It's simple to see that. Sorry you couldn't.

Now all this aside, it's how tapatalk works. I can't help that and I'm not going to try and edit out other quotes. It's very annoying.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/FoxxyGlamKitty/status/1389393170757210124?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1389393170757210124%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicsands.com%2Fcaitlyn-jenner-trans-girls-golf-2652867179.html

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
https://twitter.com/FoxxyGlamKitty/status/1389393170757210124?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1389393170757210124%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicsands.com%2Fcaitlyn-jenner-trans-girls-golf-2652867179.html
Didn't Jenner compete as a male?

Mar 11, 2006
Caitlyn Jenner DID compete in that golf tournament as a female. This was in 2016 when the Tournament happened.

Now Caitlyn seems to have changed her mind.
I hope we can all agree that participating in a celebrity pro-am tournament as a 66-year old is miles different than competing as a teenager or 20-something in a competitive sport.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I hope we can all agree that participating in a celebrity pro-am tournament as a 66-year old is miles different than competing as a teenager or 20-something in a competitive sport.
Plus it's golf, so...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
As a father of two girls, there is no way I would want my daughters to have to compete for playing time or against a genetically male athlete. I coach basketball and I know middle school boys basketball players can beat even the best girls HS varsity teams in the state. Nothing against girls — it is genetics.

That said, I don’t think state legislation should be made to prevent this. The state government does not need to be involved. We have governing bodies (OSSAA, NCAA, AAU, etc) that have pillars to enforce fair play and they should be entitled to make the rules they want.
Stopped reading the thread at you. So maybe someone has said it. But isn’t the solution to all of this, is to have a tran division? Wouldn’t that be the cheaper and simplest answer?