NCAA threatens pulling Women's College World Series in OKC over Transgender athletes bill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
has any NCAA school ever awarded an athletic scholarship to a transgender? especially a High School Sr. Transgender athlete
Harvard has a swimmer that is competing on its women's swim team that is transgender, it was on 60 Minutes two years ago. When asked if the swimmer was going to the full transition the answer was, "No, I might want to have kids".

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
But being male or female is not just about testosterone...its about our DNA. Little boys and girls are different from their beginning well before their harmones kick in.
True, but athletically speaking, the glaring differences dont start until the testosterone starts kicking in, its why you see all the elementary girls beating boys in wrestling and races and playing other sports with boys until around middle school when they all fall off the map. Bone density, muscle mass, ability to put on muscle, changes in frame, all coming from the testosterone that hits during puberty, not to mention agression and other psychological changes that come to boys during puberty
And they want to experiment on children, giving them hormone blockers (renaming them puberty blockers) that if I read correctly, haven't been tested on children and could actually have long term side effects unrelated to the reason for use.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2010
Harvard has a swimmer that is competing on its women's swim team that is transgender, it was on 60 Minutes two years ago. When asked if the swimmer was going to the full transition the answer was, "No, I might want to have kids".
If this is Schuyler Bailar, he competed on the men's team after he started transitioning.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
And they want to experiment on children, giving them hormone blockers (renaming them puberty blockers) that if I read correctly, haven't been tested on children and could actually have long term side effects unrelated to the reason for use.

That's the saddest part of all. Some of these parents are pushing their agendas onto these kids and other parents are feeling peer pressure to allow their kids to make the choice to transition at a young age. The hormone blockers have lasting effects. Many of these kids are just confused with puberty, social pressures, or may be seeking acceptance and turn out to be gay rather than transgendered.

Joe Rogan had a great podcast with Abigail Shrier about this topic who wrote a book called Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters.

Sep 22, 2011
That's the saddest part of all. Some of these parents are pushing their agendas onto these kids and other parents are feeling peer pressure to allow their kids to make the choice to transition at a young age. The hormone blockers have lasting effects. Many of these kids are just confused with puberty, social pressures, or may be seeking acceptance and turn out to be gay rather than transgendered.

Joe Rogan had a great podcast with Abigail Shrier about this topic who wrote a book called Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters.
To me this is like smoking around your kids, you are knowingly doing permanent damage to your Child's body before they have the ability to consent, I have no place in my life for people who do that. I wish them the greatest of happiness, far away from my family

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
To me this is like smoking around your kids, you are knowingly doing permanent damage to your Child's body before they have the ability to consent, I have no place in my life for people who do that. I wish them the greatest of happiness, far away from my family
You are making smoking analogous to change a child's total body chemistry? I don't quite see that comparison. Is it ok to smoke healthy substances like pot around them?

Sep 22, 2011
You are making smoking analogous to change a child's total body chemistry? I don't quite see that comparison. Is it ok to smoke healthy substances like pot around them?
Do whatever you want, i don't associate with people who smoke around their kids

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Schuyler Bailar is a transgender male that transitioned during a gap year and then swam on the men's team, not the woman's team.

Schuyler Bailar is the guy that was interviewed by 60 minutes.

But you bring up an interesting rule of unintended consequences situation that can occur with these having to compete in the assigned sex at birth laws.

Mack Beggs, was an assigned female sex at birth that is a transmale at this point. He wanted to wrestle on the men's team in High School, but because Texas's rules only allow you to compete in the league for your assigned sex which was female. So he wrestled as a transmale against CIS-gendered females.

A gap year of transition and per se levels of established and documented hormone levels for a required period of time before competing seems the fairest way to handle all of these issues rationally and logically rather than emotionally...at least to me.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2010

So girl beats boy in wrestling match.

Big deal. I lost several wrestling matches to girls when I was in high school.:oops:

Sep 22, 2011
Schuyler Bailar is a transgender male that transitioned during a gap year and then swam on the men's team, not the woman's team.

Schuyler Bailar is the guy that was interviewed by 60 minutes.

But you bring up an interesting rule of unintended consequences situation that can occur with these having to compete in the assigned sex at birth laws.

Mack Beggs, was an assigned female sex at birth that is a transmale at this point. He wanted to wrestle on the men's team in High School, but because Texas's rules only allow you to compete in the league for your assigned sex which was female. So he wrestled as a transmale against CIS-gendered females.

A gap year of transition and per se levels of established and documented hormone levels for a required period of time before competing seems the fairest way to handle all of these issues rationally and logically rather than emotionally...at least to me.
Being on hormone treatment for any legth of time cannot undo the physical differences between men and women when it comes to sports. It would have to be done before puberty, which by all available data is a horrible idea.
Meet hannah mouncey
https://youtu.be/kqRJkNIwW-A

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Being on hormone treatment for any legth of time cannot undo the physical differences between men and women when it comes to sports. It would have to be done before puberty, which by all available data is a horrible idea.
Meet hannah mouncey
So no accommodation whatsoever for trans athletes for you.

Got it.

Btw, are you a physician or endocrinologist with your professional medical opinion?

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Meet hannah mouncey
It seems like the only real reason to have created organized women’s sports was so that biological women wouldn’t have to compete against biological men. If that’s going to be undone I think you might as well scrap men’s & women’s sports and just have competitions or teams without gender designation and instead have it based on varying degrees of skill level and ability. But that would likely mean very, very few biological females making teams at even the lowest levels.

Sep 22, 2011

Got it.

Btw, are you a physician or endocrinologist with your professional medical opinion?
If by accommodation you mean letting a person who went through puberty as a male and then wants to compete against females in a physical sport, then no, they have to compete with the rest of the biological males.
It doesn't take a medical degree to tell the difference between male and female athletes generally,, there is also a reason why testosterone is banned as a PED.

Mar 11, 2006

Got it.

What professional medical opinion did he provide? Does it really need to come from a medical professional to say what he stated, "Being on hormone treatment for any length of time cannot undo the physical differences between men and women when it comes to sports".

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
If by accommodation you mean letting a person who went through puberty as a male and then wants to compete against females in a physical sport, then no, they have to compete with the rest of the biological males.
It doesn't take a medical degree to tell the difference between male and female athletes generally,, there is also a reason why testosterone is banned as a PED.
You were clear the first time.

And I knew you didn't have a medical license....and don't think the medical discussion has anything to add because you've already made up your mind.

Which I am completely cool with. I'm looking to see if there is for room for compromise or discussion beyond "assigned sex is how you have to compete", and it's clear there isn't with you.