NCAA threatens pulling Women's College World Series in OKC over Transgender athletes bill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Agreed, I don't think new laws should be passed until it's demonstrated that current OSSAA rules are inadequate. They have been in place since June 2015, and to my knowledge there have been no transgender athletes in Oklahoma high school sports.

The two transgender girls in CT were allowed to compete without taking any hormone blockers, which would not be the case in Oklahoma. Whether those interventions are sufficient is obviously debatable, but they seem like they should be a minimum requirement. Anyone competing in the women's division should have a testosterone level within expected norms for women athletes on the day of competition.
So one could argue that Oklahoma is ONLY targeting Collegiate Athletes with legislation then. Since the OSSAA already has a rules that have held up and been successful for 6 years now without significant challenges to those rules.

They sure can't say they are doing it for Oklahoma girls. Since the OSSAA has had regulations and rules for 6 years without incident

Sep 22, 2011
I can't imagine that in the state of OK there would be more than maybe 15-50 transgender girls that would want to join their HS track team in the entire state. That is a very limited set of people.

And Legislation on that is just insane from the state level. I'm not convinced the potential financial impact to the state is worth passing legislation that most likely will only apply to less than 100 people in the ENTIRE state
What if those 15-50 kids break every state record in track, swimming and start taking scholarships from girls?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
To me its not a question of have they, its will they.
So one is Reality and the other is a potential problem that has never occurred before in the history of the state, but it might possibly in the future.

And you want the state to create Legislation that REALLY can cause $100's of MILLION in lost revenue for Oklahoma business's in order to stop something that has never happened, but may one day.

I bet Legislation wouldn't be challenged in court and cost tax payer money if it was written to legislate something that is really happening and not trying to legislate something that isn't happening, has yet to happen OR may happen in the future.

To me it is awfully close to trying to legislate morality when you do it this way.

Nov 23, 2010
So one could argue that Oklahoma is ONLY targeting Collegiate Athletes with legislation then. Since the OSSAA already has a rules that have held up and been successful for 6 years now without significant challenges to those rules.

They sure can't say they are doing it for Oklahoma girls. Since the OSSAA has had regulations and rules for 6 years without incident
I don't think they're targeting anyone but energizing their donors and voters with culture war stuff.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't think they're targeting anyone but energizing their donors and voters with culture war stuff.
I would prefer they do that with something that doesn't threaten the NCAA tournaments and events coming to Oklahoma...too much revenue for the state and so many different businesses.

Isn't there a can of beans or a Starbucks cup type thing that can be done just as easily and still energize the donors just as much? I've never seen so many people so pissed off about a Red Cup in my life

Maybe they can write legislation to remove all Ben & Jerry's Ice cream from public spaces or something and get them all riled up with their crazy leftwing ignorance and then the Oklahoma Leg and Ben & Jerry's can go play crazy right wing vs crazy left wing together in a corner somewhere

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Trans athletes and student loan forgiveness are two topics that have wide consensus in the country. Both of them being up for debate right now really speaks to the power that social media has given the left fringe and the fear that politicians and corporations have of being blasted by a tiny minority.

Sep 22, 2011
So one is Reality and the other is a potential problem that has never occurred before in the history of the state, but it might possibly in the future.

And you want the state to create Legislation that REALLY can cause $100's of MILLION in lost revenue for Oklahoma business's in order to stop something that has never happened, but may one day.

I bet Legislation wouldn't be challenged in court and cost tax payer money if it was written to legislate something that is really happening and not trying to legislate something that isn't happening, has yet to happen OR may happen in the future.

To me it is awfully close to trying to legislate morality when you do it this way.
It takes two to tango, the NCAA is the one pulling the events. Im not a big fan of what is going on right now with these giant rich companies attempting to influence politics through actions like this. At least with politicians we can vote them out. With these people we have no say in the woke agenda they decide to go with to make the twitter mob stay off their case.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
True, but athletically speaking, the glaring differences dont start until the testosterone starts kicking in, its why you see all the elementary girls beating boys in wrestling and races and playing other sports with boys until around middle school when they all fall off the map. Bone density, muscle mass, ability to put on muscle, changes in frame, all coming from the testosterone that hits during puberty, not to mention agression and other psychological changes that come to boys during puberty
Agree to much of what you say but little boys are very different from girls in many ways. How this plays out in athletics is uncertain. But part of my family lives near a small town where kids start paying basketball in the 3rd grade well before puberty. The boys play a much more aggressive and different game than the little girls.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And Connecticut doesn't even require hormone therapy:

"The guide outlines that in a 2019 consultation with the Office for Civil Rights, part of the US Department of Education, a federal compliance officer confirmed that Title IX "supports transgender athletic opportunities with the gender of which a person identifies."
"(The compliance officer) further stated that such support does not require hormone therapy nor gender reassignment surgery," the guide says."

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
It takes two to tango, the NCAA is the one pulling the events. Im not a big fan of what is going on right now with these giant rich companies attempting to influence politics through actions like this. At least with politicians we can vote them out. With these people we have no say in the woke agenda they decide to go with to make the twitter mob stay off their case.
If you want corporations to get out of politics, we should disallow political contributions as a business expense.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I was telling my wife about this last night and found myself getting more worked up than I thought I would... I'm not sure if my daughter (6) will want to get into sports since my family isn't that big into athletics but the thought of her being limited because of what another person thinks they are gets under my skin. And @Binman4OSU 's e-sports post actually pissed me off a bit. If a woman/girl wants to excel in an athletic sport, they shouldn't be told "too bad, there's always e-sports though" because of people that identify as females who are genetically males blocking them from excelling. Regardless of what you think you are, having male genetics puts you in a physical advantage over those with female genetics. I truly do not understand how people that are feminist or for women's rights aren't up in arms about this. Also, that whole "military capabilities" post seemed like a complete cop out. We still have individual sports that our militaries aged out of before the US military even existed...
What if your daughter was born male and track was the only thing that made her feel like life was worth living?

This is a complicated issue and I don't know what to make of it. On one hand I think everyone who talks about how this negatively impacts women who were born that way have a great and logical point. On the other, I don't know that any of us has a child who isn't sure who they really are and I don't know that I would want to limit experiences if it were my kid just because someone else says it isn't fair.

None of this is an easy decision.
Wait, so born male and track makes life worth living and also decided to becomes trans?
I have a son. He's pretty decent in track. Not great but has potential. Based on the recent meets he's been in, if he went trans next year, he would medal and potentially break some meet records and get to compete at state.
I wouldn't let him. It's not "unfair", it's truly discriminatory to allow a guy to do that. It seems cheap because it appears to feed an attention getting ego in the person.
That's the silliness of this.

My son loves track but knows his limitations right now and wants to get better. Not only about medals for him.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Perhaps the simple solution is that we don't separate sports based on gender.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
There is NOTHING prohibiting a daughter born male from participating in men’s sports. It would be discrimination if teams were not allowing trans students to compete in a sport of their biological birth —- but I have not heard of any case like that. They are not having a limit on experiences.
what you do see is a female transitioning to male, getting on testosterone, and then competing in womens sports. Basically getting away with using PEDs to win.
Brittany Griner.... Is that you?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
has any NCAA school ever awarded an athletic scholarship to a transgender? especially a High School Sr. Transgender athlete
How can they not with the way the NCAA is posturing? If you want your boy to get a college scholarship have him wear makeup and feminize his name, he/she's got a shot.