NCAA Denies OSU Basketball Appeal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The alternative.

Punish those who committed the infractions and leave the others alone. If a coach, student, etc. committed infractions alone, then punish them. Let everyone else enjoy the efforts of their work.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Even just reading that article makes me start to feel like Andy Dufresne sitting in Warden Norton's office while the Warden is brushing aside the clear evidence he has of innocence. Something just ain't right. To much lawyer/special committee hocus pocus happening here. And somehow KU is going to get off with little more than a slap on the wrist...maybe a longer slap on the wrist but absolutely won't miss a single game in any major tourney.

I'm with whoever suggested that we get on the proverbial loud speaker with this if KU doesn't get as much of a punishment or more than we did. IF it goes that way, we can't let it slide.

Last edited:

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
So what does OSU say/do assuming Kansas skates on all of their charges?
File a lawsuit against the NCAA. Each student athlete should also file a lawsuit against the NCAA. I don't know why the fan base who supports OSU through donations couldn't also sue the NCAA.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
It probably doesn't make sense to do anything at the NCAA level, but we definitely should seek retribution at the next Big 12 meeting. I say this because the article makes it seem like KU is doing this in tandem with the Conference. We received no such benefit to my knowledge. KU might be great at BBall, but we are the top football school after OU and Texas. We must flex.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
If you have no solutions why complain about it?
Question was “what should we do when Kansas gets a lesser penalty?”

Answer is absolutely nothing. Which is exactly what I said. Twice.

Its a simple business decision. Is what it is, don’t have to like it but it’s the correct decision. Who is complaining?

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Lol

What choice do we have? Realistically. Not emotional, this is BS, we’re getting screwed reactions, but realistic options. Spend a fortune in lawsuits? Have players spend a fortune suing as I’ve seen suggested?

Who do you file the law suit against? The NCAA? For what exactly? Anyone and everyone including Underwood for hiring the guy first? Sue Kansas for getting preferential treatment? They didn’t do this. Sue the conference to let us play in the tourney when they’ve already said no? This is all fantasy stuff. Reality is we will issue a strongly worded statement. That will mean nothing. Which means we’re doing nothing. Which is what I said.

Sucks but there really aren’t viable options.

I don’t agree with it and don’t like it but pick your battles is wise proverb. We don’t even have a hill to die on as it stands now. There is no cost/benefit analysis that plays out in our favor and nothing would happen in the next 45 days anyway. Season is over at that point.

When this all started and then we got denied the appeal I was saying the exact same reactionary stuff as anyone else. It’s not right. Principal should matter but it clearly does not in this case. There is virtually nothing we can do about it at this point. Except fight to change the system from within.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Lol

What choice do we have? Realistically. Not emotional, this is BS, we’re getting screwed reactions, but realistic options. Spend a fortune in lawsuits? Have players spend a fortune suing as I’ve seen suggested?

Who do you file the law suit against? The NCAA? For what exactly? Anyone and everyone including Underwood for hiring the guy first? Sue Kansas for getting preferential treatment? They didn’t do this. Sue the conference to let us play in the tourney when they’ve already said no? This is all fantasy stuff. Reality is we will issue a strongly worded statement. That will mean nothing. Which means we’re doing nothing. Which is what I said.

Sucks but there really aren’t viable options.

I don’t agree with it and don’t like it but pick your battles is wise proverb. We don’t even have a hill to die on as it stands now. There is no cost/benefit analysis that plays out in our favor and nothing would happen in the next 45 days anyway. Season is over at that point.

When this all started and then we got denied the appeal I was saying the exact same reactionary stuff as anyone else. It’s not right. Principal should matter but it clearly does not in this case. There is virtually nothing we can do about it at this point. Except fight to change the system from within.
The whole issue here is...this is not a sentence handed down from a court of law. Instead this is the NCAA giving a decision. In a court room (99% of the time) precedence matters in a HUGE way and if a decision is given that doesn't follow suit with previous or future decisions then eyebrows get raised and there ARE things that can been done.

The NCAA is more like a parent that whips the 10 year old boy for saying a cuss word but the 8 year old little girl only has to sit with her nose in the corner. The little boy will ask, "why didn't susie-Q get a whipping"? And we all know what the parent says to that....because susie-Q isn't you. And there's nothing the little man can do about it lol.

oSu is not Kansas and the NCAA is not a court of law. That's why were probably just screwed.