NCAA Denies OSU Basketball Appeal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
what market are you referring to?
Tulsa. And Facebook specifically. I do not have Twitter, so I can't tell you what is being said there. But on Facebook, channels 2, 6, 8, and 23 all shared articles that either outright said or implied that Boynton and Weiberg were in the wrong for their press conference.

However, the overwhelming response in the comments is that they can all shove their articles the same place that the NCAA can stick their judgement.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Tulsa. And Facebook specifically. I do not have Twitter, so I can't tell you what is being said there. But on Facebook, channels 2, 6, 8, and 23 all shared articles that either outright said or implied that Boynton and Weiberg were in the wrong for their press conference.

However, the overwhelming response in the comments is that they can all shove their articles the same place that the NCAA can stick their judgement.
Everyone with a pulse knew the media would side that way, hell KOTV had article up within minutes saying “recruiting violations” which isn’t even accurate. And everyone knew the NCAA would get their panties in a wad for being called out the way Coach Boynton did it. Is what it is. Time to move on and if the last two games are any kind of a representation, the postseason ban wasn’t an issue anyway.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Another university getting screwed over.

https://umassathletics.com/news/202...tement-regarding-ncaa-infractions-appeal.aspx

"As a practitioner who believes deeply in our collegiate model and the ideals of fair play, it is unfathomable to me that these committees vacated a tennis championship because two student-athletes unknowingly received $252 beyond the cost of attendance allowable amount, for instance. What message does it send that a member institution in good standing can self-report inadvertent administrative violations -- that provided no recruiting or competitive advantage -- and work closely in partnership with the NCAA enforcement staff only to arrive at an outcome that hurts our student-athletes and staff who did nothing wrong? It's an overreach of epic proportion," Bamford added.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I don’t usually root against people…but, I hope all the clowns that receive a paycheck from the NCAA “rules & regulations” office find themselves in an unemployment line very soon. Nothing would make me happier than seeing them as greeters at Wal-Mart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST2

Cowboy
Jul 9, 2012
I don’t usually root against people…but, I hope all the clowns that receive a paycheck from the NCAA “rules & regulations” office find themselves in an unemployment line very soon. Nothing would make me happier than seeing them as greeters at Wal-Mart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure they could get hired on, what with Wal Mart's pre-employment background check and all......

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Go where? It’s not a good team. Coach is struggling. No ban our record would be the same.
You've worked hard all summer long, long hours, and someone you don't know did something being judged by people you don't know tell you that you can't compete for a championship. That's a tough pill for kids that age to deal with. I see know reason to be harsh toward them.

Dec 9, 2013
You've worked hard all summer long, long hours, and someone you don't know did something being judged by people you don't know tell you that you can't compete for a championship. That's a tough pill for kids that age to deal with. I see know reason to be harsh toward them.
CHPride isn’t being harsh he’s being truthful. Being eligible for the postseason doesn’t flip the switch and make this team execute against a zone more effectively. It wouldn’t help them on inbounds. Doesn’t help them take better shots and make better passes.

This team is struggling with same things that make Boymton coached teams a perineal 7th place Big12 team. The only thing that helped last year was having the #1 draft pick. And with him we moved up a whole 2 spots.

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
You might not like "how" he said it, but I have to believe you do realize he's not wrong.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Certainly not trying to be harsh. I hate it as much as anyone. But it’s the truth. Not an attack on them at all. Just an observation.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Certainly not trying to be harsh. I hate it as much as anyone. But it’s the truth. Not an attack on them at all. Just an observation.
We all know, including the team, they're struggling. I don't mean to be critical here but I just think this is a year to be different in social media toward the team and direct the criticism to the NCAA, it was poorly handled on their part and they deserve criticism.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
This is the season to really start to hold players accountable and really build for the next 5 years.

Boynton doesn’t have to coach to make the dance this year so coach to go next year and then build to Sweet 16 from there.

Teach them life isn’t fair. You won’t always get what you think you deserve or were even promised.

Take a bad shot. Don’t runt the right set. Don’t get on the floor or take a charge. Don’t hustle on D or make a stupid foul 35’ from the bucket. Make a bad pass or turnover. Can’t hit free throws you are sitting by me.

Pout about your minutes or show up a teammate then don’t sit by me go all the way down past the trainers and sit.

If you get some of the younger players to buy in then they can pass it down w future classes. Then we might have something.