NCAA Bracket Challenge

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Only missed two so far. Had Gonzaga going down and also had NC State over Seton Hall.

Currently looking like a good chance at getting the Kentucky upset I had in my bracket too.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Right now it looks like, Oklahoma State, a non-ncaa tournament team will have two victories over KU a #1 seed in the sweet 16, a road victory over WVU a #5 seed, likely in the sweet 16, one victory over FSU in Florida who Just upset #1 Xavier and advances to the sweet 16, Texas Tech who advanced to the sweet 16...Yeah we didn't belong...so stupid! five wins (at least four so far) over sweet 16 teams...Get your butt's to GIA for tomorrow nights game! Go Pokes! Beat Stanford!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Right now it looks like, Oklahoma State, a non-ncaa tournament team will have two victories over KU a #1 seed in the sweet 16, a road victory over WVU a #5 seed, likely in the sweet 16, one victory over FSU in Florida who Just upset #1 Xavier and advances to the sweet 16, Texas Tech who advanced to the sweet 16...Yeah we didn't belong...so stupid! five wins (at least four so far) over sweet 16 teams...Get your butt's to GIA for tomorrow nights game! Go Pokes! Beat Stanford!
I don't care what happens in NIT, OSU was a team if put in ncaa tournament could have made Sweet 16, if we played well. Lots of parity. Osu would have beaten Rhode Island by 10 if we played well

Sep 16, 2004
Houston, TX
FSU proved me wrong. I'm OK with that.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
If any of those teams end up as champion I think we should put up a banner claiming the title.:whistle:

Mar 8, 2010
Rats! This would have been a good year to be in the tournament. With all the upsets, no telling how far we might have gone. Makes me even more bitter with NCAA politics.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Umm dude you missed my point. Regardless, win or lose in the nit...we got screwed by not being in ncaa tournament.
I thought the Pokes got a raw deal as well but were you this riled up 3 years ago when the Pokes got this years OU treatment, just curious, that question actually goes to a lot of people, not just yourself.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
My memory isn't good enough to make a comparison. I need @Lab Rat or someone else with research chops to help make the argument.
Labrat can likely run all the numbers but iirc - Pokes started out like a house a fire 10-1 or something close, went 7-9 or 8-10 in conf, lost 7 of last 8 or thereabouts but they had a strong pre-season and they had Marcus Smart (ie Young) got in the tournament and then proceeded to show why they didn't belong, all this is really similar to the ou line this year.
I'm sure there are rpi differences and sos differences (and like you stated Labrat will be able to point them out) and the Smart suspension but overall they are pretty close to the same situation. Pokes followed that up with a 10-20 and Ford was gone, wouldn't surprise me to see ou follow up with, again, a similar line to that 20 losses next year.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
So, I started out pretty poorly. Only 180 points in the first round. However, I'm looking pretty good with 640 points still possible (I have Mich and KU in my Final Four). Basically, it looks like it all comes down to the KU Villanova game. If KU wins I've won. If they don't I'm out.

Better to be lucky than good I guess. LOL!!

Last edited: