National love for OSU Football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2008
Going to the OSU-OSU game in Corvallis was nuts. Orange and Black OSU all over the place and you had to look real close to see if they were "us" or "them"

Mar 8, 2010
I just got back from an Alaskan cruise and was walking in downtown Skagway wearing an orange unmarked jacket with a white ball cap that simply read “State” in orange script and had someone ask me “What kind of team will the Pokes have this year?” I responded “I think we’ll be pretty good again.” To which they said “ well as long as you beat ou again.” Not sure where he was from. May have been another tourist.

Mar 8, 2010
I just got back from an Alaskan cruise and was walking in downtown Skagway wearing an orange unmarked jacket with a white ball cap that simply read “State” in orange script and had someone ask me “What kind of team will the Pokes have this year?” I responded “I think we’ll be pretty good again.” To which they said “ well as long as you beat ou again.” Not sure where he was from. May have been another tourist.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Okay maybe not that part lol. It's "You guys" here. I'll never get accustomed to saying that.
We must be from different parts of the state. I did not grow up with "ya'll" and almost exclusively heard "you guys." I can't bring myself to switch. I feel like I'm pretending to be southern.

Nov 6, 2010
We must be from different parts of the state. I did not grow up with "ya'll" and almost exclusively heard "you guys." I can't bring myself to switch. I feel like I'm pretending to be southern.
Double Jeopardy question, where did you grow up if you said Y'unz??

Dec 17, 2011
Do you tell them you went to OSU or Oklahoma State? Curious if people nationally always associate the two together. I’ve seen people reference Ohio State OSU as well
When I first meet people I have to say oklahoma state but shortly after I say OSU and those same people refer to oklahoma state as OSU.

Jul 31, 2008
I’ve got several friends from BIG and they all say OSU (for Cowboys) and Ohio State for the other OSU, but we’re in Big12 territory but nice that they converted