National love for OSU Football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Having Florida State in there at all seems generous honestly. They did win the championship in 2013, so I guess that keeps them in the top 10.

Jul 31, 2008
FSU won it all but has been inconsistent at being good.
We haven't won squat but have been incredibly consistent at being good.

I'm ok with both in the Top Ten.

Oct 30, 2007
And yet the sec and big 10 have no interest in us
of course not, texas could hav gone 3-9 for the last twenty years in a row and still be in the sec. we needed the current success 30 years ago to build the oklahoma fan base beyond the loyal and true. ou did that and has for decades and decades, so same enrollment but lots more tv viewers. the recent success helps us a little bit but not much. thus, rutgers valuable to big10, etc.

it simply does not work that way. time to deal with it. we might get lucky if we are the best remaining to round out a power conference. otherwise we will be one level down when the eventual restructure occurs. no one wants to watch games where the poorer teams absolutely have no chance because the team they are playing purchased their best several players, so there will be a restructuring eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 17, 2011
So I live in LA and whenever I talk to people saying that I went to OSU wherever they are from (LA, visiting from other states) I generally always get this statement at the start "Oh OSU? Yall have a really good football team". It's nice to see our brand get the recognition outside of our orange kool-aid station

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
So I live in LA and whenever I talk to people saying that I went to OSU wherever they are from (LA, visiting from other states) I generally always get this statement at the start "Oh OSU? Yall have a really good football team". It's nice to see our brand get the recognition outside of our orange kool-aid station
They use ya'll in LA? :thumbup: me likey

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
of course not, texas could hav gone 3-9 for the last twenty years in a row and still be in the sec. we needed the current success 30 years ago to build the oklahoma fan base beyond the loyal and true. ou did that and has for decades and decades, so same enrollment but lots more tv viewers. the recent success helps us a little bit but not much. thus, rutgers valuable to big10, etc.

it simply does not work that way. time to deal with it. we might get lucky if we are the best remaining to round out a power conference. otherwise we will be one level down when the eventual restructure occurs. no one wants to watch games where the poorer teams absolutely have no chance because the team they are playing purchased their best several players, so there will be a restructuring eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I dunno.

You say no one wants to watch the poor team play the rich team.

I became a huge OSU fan for that very reason.

We played against rich teams all the time. Then we started holding our own. Now we’ve beaten several of them.

My fear is that we want to be the rich team now.

Jan 5, 2011
Do you tell them you went to OSU or Oklahoma State? Curious if people nationally always associate the two together. I’ve seen people reference Ohio State OSU as well

Jul 11, 2007
Do you tell them you went to OSU or Oklahoma State? Curious if people nationally always associate the two together. I’ve seen people reference Ohio State OSU as well
While visiting Puerto Vallarta a fellow traveler at the resort pool had an OSU orange and black ball cap. I was like alright, Pokes! But it was the Beavs. I know my expression went to zero. The appearance was that "I am so sorry." Didn't realize I was being "that" fan until later. oh well.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
While visiting Puerto Vallarta a fellow traveler at the resort pool had an OSU orange and black ball cap. I was like alright, Pokes! But it was the Beavs. I know my expression went to zero. The appearance was that "I am so sorry." Didn't realize I was being "that" fan until later. oh well.
Was in Cork Ireland not too far back and checking into my hotel, wouldn’t you know, a recent OSU grad working the desk. I was wearing some orange and she just yells Go Pokes!

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Was in Cork Ireland not too far back and checking into my hotel, wouldn’t you know, a recent OSU grad working the desk. I was wearing some orange and she just yells Go Pokes!
I got a nice "Go Cowboys!" from a waitress in the Atlanta airport last week. I was walking down the concourse, she was about 3 tables deep in the restaurant, saw my tshirt and belted it out.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I always say “go pokes” when I see other OSU fans. Never ceases to amaze me how many of them stare at me like I’m speaking German or are just really awkward nerds about it.

Sep 12, 2008
When I lived in Seattle, people always thought I was an Oregon State guy.

I do have a orange and black Beavers ball cap with the cool OS logo that I were everywhere in Stillwater and no one seems to notice.