More Seth Davis (Twitter)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 15, 2006
Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
People think breaking these stories is so easy. So untrue. I am in awe of reporters like Thayer Evans, George Dohrmann and Charles Robinson.

Someone needs to tell him that 1-for-3 is good in baseball, but as a journalist, it sucks.

Sep 15, 2006
His first tweet on the 10th was this:

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops10 Sep
People attacking SI's credibility are fighting a losing battle. Our editors have editors. Our lawyers have lawyers. This was fully vetted.

"FULLY VETTED" he says. I don't think that means what you think it means.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
His first tweet on the 10th was this:

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops10 Sep
People attacking SI's credibility are fighting a losing battle. Our editors have editors. Our lawyers have lawyers. This was fully vetted.

"FULLY VETTED" he says. I don't think that means what you think it means.
Just an observation...but when you throw your lawyers into the discussion, it doesn't exactly scream, "I'm confident in what we're putting out there," does it? It's almost an admission of an internal worry at SI.

Oct 18, 2008
Virginia
What a tool.... Give me a break, might have I put this guy right below Thayer on my biggest losers on the planet list. What a crock. Sound like he's like he'd like to get in Evans and Dohrman's pants. :)

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Somebody tell Seth that Fath' lied.

Somebody tell Seth that there never WERE rental houses.

Somebody tell Seth that they need to talk to the accused, to get their side of things.

Nov 28, 2008
I see that they stick-up for their "teammates", but I don't see how they can keep saying (tweeting) that without some culpability themselves.

Aug 2, 2011
Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
People think breaking these stories is so easy. So untrue. I am in awe of reporters like Thayer Evans, George Dohrmann and Charles Robinson.
Someone needs to tell him that 1-for-3 is good in baseball, but as a journalist, it sucks.
I agree with Seth.....I am also in awe with how these three reporters (and their editors' editors) could publish something without taking the ten minutes it takes to fact check.....

I almost want to get a twitter just so I can retweet something of this nature back at him

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012
Is he also in awe of Pete Thamel's ability to create a fictional account of Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

I guess Davis is awed by lousy paperback fiction.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Seth is truly an idiot if he wants to put SI in the same sentence as Yahoo! investigating
Get on Twitter and let him have it OP!

Seth Davis ✔ @SethDavisHoops
Let me guess. Yahoo! has no credibility. The reporters are biased. The sources were misquoted. These stories are not worth pursuing.
What in the sam f'n hell does Yahoo have to do with the magazine that brought us the Manti Teo sob story. Man, this is a hilarious year for SI. Heads are gonna roll over there.

Sep 15, 2006
What in the sam f'n hell does Yahoo have to do with the magazine that brought us the Manti Teo sob story. Man, this is a hilarious year for SI. Heads are gonna roll over there.
Yahoo has a paper trail and text messages, aka hard evidence.