More Ohio State wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about sexual abuse when he was coach

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Okieleaks

Le Soleil
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Mar 19, 2017
Here to there
Yes....really ! We are talking about a college wrestling team not a female psychiatrist a larger male patients.
Wrestling teams take care of their own from any outsider who would hurt a team member. They also have a ways of dealing with a member of their own team who gets out of line.

Rixaroo

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com
Yes....really ! We are talking about a college wrestling team not a female psychiatrist a larger male patients.
Wrestling teams take care of their own from any outsider who would hurt a team member. They also have a ways of dealing with a member of their own team who gets out of line.
I'm sure you had quite the wrestling experience back in the day, but however close you and your teammates were is irrelevant to college-aged men being sexually abused. It happens. It's evil. It's reality.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I'm sure you had quite the wrestling experience back in the day, but however close you and your teammates were is irrelevant to college-aged men being sexually abused. It happens. It's evil. It's reality.
See farmhouse incident.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
You think a college-age wrestler because he is likely physically stronger than a doctor could not be victimized by the doctor? You are pretending like movies are reality. You can't speak for every wrestler on every wrestling team. Not all teams congeal like you are saying. Even teams that do can't protect against everything. It is nonsense.

You are either just ignorant on the subject of abuse and victimization or are letting your partisan politics embarrass you. Are you just saying this because you want to defend Jordan? What you are saying is truly wrong and I suggest you educate yourself. No doctor should talk the way you are. Do you think we are cavemen or something? There are societal structures that can facilitate abuse that go far beyond physical prowess. Take it to the extreme, if what you are saying is correct, how did an older while slaveowner abuse a field full of strong black slaves? There is WAY more to abuse than "he is a strong guy with strong friends, no way he could be abused." Honestly, that is so very uneducated.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
You think a college-age wrestler because he is likely physically stronger than a doctor could not be victimized by the doctor? You are pretending like movies are reality. You can't speak for every wrestler on every wrestling team. Not all teams congeal like you are saying. Even teams that do can't protect against everything. It is nonsense.

You are either just ignorant on the subject of abuse and victimization or are letting your partisan politics embarrass you. Are you just saying this because you want to defend Jordan? What you are saying is truly wrong and I suggest you educate yourself. No doctor should talk the way you are. Do you think we are cavemen or something? There are societal structures that can facilitate abuse that go far beyond physical prowess. Take it to the extreme, if what you are saying is correct, how did an older while slaveowner abuse a field full of strong black slaves? There is WAY more to abuse than "he is a strong guy with strong friends, no way he could be abused." Honestly, that is so very uneducated.
I take it from above that you don't fully agree with me. Am I correct?

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
Media attempts to make Ohio State abuse Jim Jordan's scandal fall flat

Why is it that none of the former Ohio State University wrestlers are claiming to have told Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, they were “sexually abused,” but the media keep saying they did?
And it’s striking how “sexual abuse” is a phrase only used by news reports describing what happened at the school, while none of the school’s former wrestlers who were coached by Jordan are quoted recalling it that way at the time.
Rather than horrific accounts of being physically violated, most of the ex-wrestlers actually describe remembering their experience with the creepy Dr. Richard Strauss as something more like fraternity hazing.
Here are quotes from several of the former wrestlers:
”It was always the joke;” “If someone said, ‘Oh, I’ve got to go see Doc Strauss,’ it would be like, ‘Oh, prepare to drop your pants.’”— Michael Alf to USA Today.
“It was a common uncomfortable joke that Doc was a serial groper.”— Michael DiSabato to CNN.
“Everybody joked about it and talked about it all the time.”— David Range to the Washington Post.
"I have no doubt that Russ and Jim knew, but I never heard it presented in a way that made it need to be addressed in any large sense."— Reid Delman to the Post.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

okst1

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Completely politically motivated. If they wanted any credibility at all, they would've called the cops when this happened. I get sick and tired of these paid off liberals coming out of the woodwork whenever a conservative moves up the political food chain.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
He was placed on admin leave due to accusations he and his wife both knew what was going on with the wrestling but didn't blow the whistle on it
Zach Smith was a football coach, not a wrestling coach, numnutz. And by the time Mrs. Meyer knew the authorities were already involved. What should Urban have done if he actually knew?