Monster Hunter: World

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
I have officially given up on Destiny. They shit the bed at launch of D2 and I was hoping their spring updates would save it, but I am finally giving up. One of my friends who I use to play Destiny with though has purchased the new Monster Hunter game and it sounds fun. I've never played the old PlayStation games so I was curious if anyone on here was playing the new one or had played the other games?

Just wondering if its worth buying with hopes of converting some of my other Destiny clan mates.

zachya

Savior of Mordavia
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Silmaria
I have officially given up on Destiny. They shit the bed at launch of D2 and I was hoping their spring updates would save it, but I am finally giving up. One of my friends who I use to play Destiny with though has purchased the new Monster Hunter game and it sounds fun. I've never played the old PlayStation games so I was curious if anyone on here was playing the new one or had played the other games?

Just wondering if its worth buying with hopes of converting some of my other Destiny clan mates.
...my son just got it and is having a good time so far...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

I've read up on it. Just yesterday an article was published on the game saying it ran like junk on every system they released it for across all platforms

Nov 26, 2008
The commercials and trailers look good for this.
Is it an online only game?

I pass on the online only games, not having enough friends that game, plus no desire to have random 12 year old tough guys talk trash all game long

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
The commercials and trailers look good for this.
Is it an online only game?

I pass on the online only games, not having enough friends that game, plus no desire to have random 12 year old tough guys talk trash all game long
I think its one of those games where you can play it however you prefer. From what I gather the main gist of it is your play quests and go on monster hunts to earn more and better stuff. The more quests you do the better your character becomes. You can either grind away on those yourself or you can team up with either friends or rando people in the social space to get the bigger and harder quests knocked out.