MLB Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
The players to watch as draft possibilities if you are an osu baseball fan are the high school guys; Phillips (Owasso), Davis (Choctaw), Smith (Texas HS), all pitchers and the former michigan kid (1b/of) who is higher rated than these three in some rankings. All are top 250 or so (includes college and highschool) and it will just depend on what their pricetag is to skip college.
I do not think there is any chance of Martin or Mederos coming back. They will be drafted (Martin could be very high) and turn pro. Campbell great shot at first round, Mclean in the second or third round. Projections show other osu guys that will be drafted are Osmond, Phansalkar and Trenkle. Doersching and J Thompson may get drafted (only would not due to lack of any leverage) but both should sign free agent contracts.

Did i forget anybody?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
The players to watch as draft possibilities if you are an osu baseball fan are the high school guys; Phillips (Owasso), Davis (Choctaw), Smith (Texas HS), all pitchers and the former michigan kid (1b/of) who is higher rated than these three in some rankings. All are top 250 or so (includes college and highschool) and it will just depend on what their pricetag is to skip college.
I do not think there is any chance of Martin or Mederos coming back. They will be drafted (Martin could be very high) and turn pro. Campbell great shot at first round, Mclean in the second or third round. Projections show other osu guys that will be drafted are Osmond, Phansalkar and Trenkle. Doersching and J Thompson may get drafted (only would not due to lack of any leverage) but both should sign free agent contracts.

Did i forget anybody?
Just off the top of my head, Shaw and Hogue could definitely go too. Wulfert could, he’s a very versatile athlete who had a great year with the bat in juco.

Also, if I’m a major league team, I’m drafting Doersching in rounds 12-16 just because I wouldn’t want someone else to snag him. You can’t teach that kind of power. How that guy hasn’t ever been drafted is beyond me. I know these MLB scouts know more than I ever will, but they sure do miss big sometimes.