Mike Holder stepping down?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Anyone else just get this email about the "transition plan" or know more about it? It said Holder would be a special advisor and it would be announced Friday but had few other details.

Dec 17, 2011
Can he give coach Boynton an extension before he steps down? Otherwise thank you mike and all the work youve done for osu.

Oct 30, 2007
You can always measure an AD's career by comparing the athletic department when they took over to when they left. Our athletic department has been transformed by the football facilities and the athletic village. I didn't always agree with his decisions, but I believe he did an excellent job overall. We owe him a debt of gratitude.

Chad Weiberg will inherit a difficult job with the debt created by the pandemic. He'll have a lot of difficult decisions to make over the next few years. It will be interesting to see how he approaches things. Hopefully he'll build a good relationship with Coach Gundy.

Sep 12, 2008
I had hoped that he would get facilities for Indoor Track and Wrestling before he stepped down. But in these times that seems like a long ways away.

Great run though.. what a career!

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
He was a tremendous asset for OSU. He did an incredible amount of work upgrading various facilities. Football, baseball, tennis, outdoor track, golf, indoor practice facility, Basketball, Soccer, what a legacy. He also was a very gracious ambassador for the school. I believe he also donated all, or a large portion of his salary back to the school. Correct me if this is wrong.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Mike Holder will be missed.....OSU athletics as a whole wouldn't be relevant without his contributions. Also fat ass Robert Allen would write an article to criticize Holder b/c he didn't bow down to Gundy and kiss the ring on his finger.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
One thing you can say about Holder is he would return an email. He was also smart enough to let Boone ride a mustang around Boone Pickens Stadium with his wife in an ugly poncho.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Holder, minus a few mistakes (Underwood, Ford) did a remarkable job of building up our entire athletic department. I wonder what oSu would have looked like if it weren't for the crash and the loss of so much of Boone's investment money. Yet, when I look at how Lewis Field went to BPS, GIA to new and improved GIA, O'Brate Stadium, the Smith indoor workout facility, et al, I'm just very thankful for Mike Holder's devotion and hard work for our alma mater. Best of luck to you, Mr. Holder.

Mar 8, 2010
If Holder would have been our AD in the late 1940's after we won back to back NC's in basketball and our football team back to back New Year's Day bowl games, we'd be big brother in the state now instead of uo. We needed visionary leadership back then for athletics and didn't get it.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If Holder would have been our AD in the late 1940's after we won back to back NC's in basketball and our football team back to back New Year's Day bowl games, we'd be big brother in the state now instead of uo. We needed visionary leadership back then for athletics and didn't get it.
Very true.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
It was a done deal sometime in the past. They are "Announcing" it a the Board of Regents meeting tomorrow. Not voting on it.
True; however, I also believe he thought this would have been a “done deal” and Holder stepping away well before now, like 1-2 years before now. So when I read Haisten’s article today I couldn’t help beginning to think Weinberg was preparing to receive or did receive another offer and those above Holder made the call to act now. Just my conspiracy theory, but when Haisten notes twice in his article that he doesn’t believe this is what Holder wants, it does make me wonder.

Last edited: