Mid Term Elections

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You want to whine and get angry about me not knowing you to understand you're a conservative, yet in the same stroke of the keyboard you tell me I "hate" have "disdain"?? Oh the irony. And you want to talk about hate? Okay, how about the "hate" liberals spew when someone supports Trump policies. Literally just using the word Trump in any positive manner incites hate and disdain from liberals who then feel the need to let them have it with both barrels. As a genuine conservative who is fair minded, certainly you can't disagree with that, or will you? Seriously, Trump has literally no say in policy or this country's affairs, yet based on comments from this board you would think he initiated The Final Solution. Don't try to bring that "hate" and "disdain" argument here because it's really not valid.
I think you may have a reading comprehension issue. I never said you personally hate and disdain, I said the media you read and listen too is designed to make you do that. I'm saying is that you should stop listening or reading things that make you angry or at least take a much deeper dive into them before forming opinions that enable a stark partisan divide. My entire argument is for preservation of the country and what we all hold dear. The way to achieve that is to get the virus over, the mask mandates over, and then move on with a more moderate tone in our politics. Why our politicians and the media (both sides) want to divide us and make us all angry, isn't America Frist...it's American First unless you happen to disagree with it...which isn't.

That line of thinking is what I believe, by the tone of your arguments you might be missing out on. I agree with you that Trump should have NO say in the way things happen right now, my only point is the party needs to make sure it stays that way...but when an ex President conducts rallys and people in rural America still have signs and flags and t-shirts touting the man who's actions threated the very life of the VP, I think that's very unhealthy for our future. The reason for that is because I want a hard break from him in the party I love. That is all...he still has power within the party, that's the power I want ended.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Why not vote libertarian?? I know it's a meaningless vote, but I keep hoping that enough people will get tired of the two choices and the party will start to gain a little steam. Has to start somewhere.
Too soon to know...we need to make sure we have GREAT candidates not these dividers we have had to deal with for the past two cycles.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I think you may have a reading comprehension issue. I never said you personally hate and disdain, I said the media you read and listen too is designed to make you do that. I'm saying is that you should stop listening or reading things that make you angry or at least take a much deeper dive into them before forming opinions that enable a stark partisan divide. My entire argument is for preservation of the country and what we all hold dear. The way to achieve that is to get the virus over, the mask mandates over, and then move on with a more moderate tone in our politics. Why our politicians and the media (both sides) want to divide us and make us all angry, isn't America Frist...it's American First unless you happen to disagree with it...which isn't.

That line of thinking is what I believe, by the tone of your arguments you might be missing out on. I agree with you that Trump should have NO say in the way things happen right now, my only point is the party needs to make sure it stays that way...but when an ex President conducts rallys and people in rural America still have signs and flags and t-shirts touting the man who's actions threated the very life of the VP, I think that's very unhealthy for our future. The reason for that is because I want a hard break from him in the party I love. That is all...he still has power within the party, that's the power I want ended.
Again, you want me not to assume your political affiliation?? Then stop assuming what I read and listen to besides this message board. And it's not anger, it's passion about the direction of this country...a very large difference.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Again, you want me not to assume your political affiliation?? Then stop assuming what I read and listen to besides this message board. And it's not anger, it's passion about the direction of this country...a very large difference.
Don’t misplace passion either. The “nation” is a finite thing…I don’t know your heart, but I’d put my time and energy into my faith and fellow man rather than national politics. Point being you and I can actually make a difference in the peoples lives that we know, that’s what we should be passionate about.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The question was assuming your choice is going to be between Trump and a dem.
If that comes to pass I’ll have to make some hard choices…right now I’m hoping the Republican Party is smarter than that and actually puts America first!

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Don’t misplace passion either. The “nation” is a finite thing…I don’t know your heart, but I’d put my time and energy into my faith and fellow man rather than national politics. Point being you and I can actually make a difference in the peoples lives that we know, that’s what we should be passionate about.
You do realize those two activities are not mutually exclusive, correct?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You do realize those two activities are not mutually exclusive, correct?
It's easy to lose our witness if we don't walk the walk that we talk...the walk of grace givers who love those that are "lost." I'm more than Guilty as well of doing this and have to guard myself daily against this passion trap.

However, It's more and more my opinion that it's somewhat hypocritical for us to be all upset (passionately) and put our government on a mind pedestal IF one claims to be a Christian, that spot only belongs to God. I'm making an assumption that you might have faith in Christ (sorry if I'm wrong). The Jewish people tried to trap Christ into the political scene and he flat refused by tossing that coin back at them telling them to give it to the guy who's picture is on it.

Here's the story...paraphrasing...

Master, what do we do when the government that is occupying our homeland by force, raping our women and taxing us into oblivion, ask us to pay even more taxes to their unwashed dirty gentile arses ???(granted not word for word but IF you know history you know that is what they were thinking and asking)...Then Christ asked for a coin...who's image is on this coin? They said Caesar's image.. Then he said to pay Caesar what is his and pay the Lord what is his...He wasn't here for their political fight or their politics of this world.

SO...To me this story means that we are to pay little mind to this political "passion" trap laid on us by worldly governments and pay way more mind/attention to the real things that are lasting in life. Our government isn't an occupying force, it's not raping our women and stealing our land, we are not in a situation where we are oppressed severely by it's policies toward Christians or anyone else...and even if it was or we were, instruction throughout the Bible say to obey it unless we want wrath/punishment/expulsion. The implication is that ours is a higher power and a higher authority than what Earth provides In our fallen world Governments will rise and fall as will ours...sadly.

Lots of my friends are in this trap of putting way too much emphasis on the federal government and current events and way too little emphasis on their faith and actively expressing it through love to those who really don't "deserve" it. I don't know if you are among them, forgive me if I assumed that.

Christ was undeserved grace/forgiveness personified, he was also very very smart...his answer confounded the Jews who wanted a "savior" for their rotten and ungodly situation "on the ground," but they failed to see the higher and greater need of a "savior" for their personal souls and eternity.

So, while not these activities are not mutually exclusive I would challenge both of us to spend less time on them thus freeing our minds and spirits to be more like Christ...More forgiving and less judgmental.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
It's easy to lose our witness if we don't walk the walk that we talk...the walk of grace givers who love those that are "lost." I'm more than Guilty as well of doing this and have to guard myself daily against this passion trap.

However, It's more and more my opinion that it's somewhat hypocritical for us to be all upset (passionately) and put our government on a mind pedestal IF one claims to be a Christian, that spot only belongs to God. I'm making an assumption that you might have faith in Christ (sorry if I'm wrong). The Jewish people tried to trap Christ into the political scene and he flat refused by tossing that coin back at them telling them to give it to the guy who's picture is on it.

Here's the story...paraphrasing...

Master, what do we do when the government that is occupying our homeland by force, raping our women and taxing us into oblivion, ask us to pay even more taxes to their unwashed dirty gentile arses ???(granted not word for word but IF you know history you know that is what they were thinking and asking)...Then Christ asked for a coin...who's image is on this coin? They said Caesar's image.. Then he said to pay Caesar what is his and pay the Lord what is his...He wasn't here for their political fight or their politics of this world.

SO...To me this story means that we are to pay little mind to this political "passion" trap laid on us by worldly governments and pay way more mind/attention to the real things that are lasting in life. Our government isn't an occupying force, it's not raping our women and stealing our land, we are not in a situation where we are oppressed severely by it's policies toward Christians or anyone else...and even if it was or we were, instruction throughout the Bible say to obey it unless we want wrath/punishment/expulsion. The implication is that ours is a higher power and a higher authority than what Earth provides In our fallen world Governments will rise and fall as will ours...sadly.

Lots of my friends are in this trap of putting way too much emphasis on the federal government and current events and way too little emphasis on their faith and actively expressing it through love to those who really don't "deserve" it. I don't know if you are among them, forgive me if I assumed that.

Christ was undeserved grace/forgiveness personified, he was also very very smart...his answer confounded the Jews who wanted a "savior" for their rotten and ungodly situation "on the ground," but they failed to see the higher and greater need of a "savior" for their personal souls and eternity.

So, while not these activities are not mutually exclusive I would challenge both of us to spend less time on them thus freeing our minds and spirits to be more like Christ...More forgiving and less judgmental.
You're not wrong, that would be a correct assumption. In terms of forgiving, well, I don't feel as if you've done anything to me that warrants forgiveness. Look, it's a political related board with a subject matter and real life issues that can have significant impact on our lives, and those who follow us for many years to come. Tables will be turned frequently, and Jesus knew that as well as anyone. So, let us drink!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You're not wrong, that would be a correct assumption. In terms of forgiving, well, I don't feel as if you've done anything to me that warrants forgiveness. Look, it's a political related board with a subject matter and real life issues that can have significant impact on our lives, and those who follow us for many years to come. Tables will be turned frequently, and Jesus knew that as well as anyone. So, let us drink!
My point remains the same...let's both try not to get so worked up about political differences...I agree, let us drink and forgive others....I'm a bit jaded with the politics of the last year and half...it's been jolt to all of us. Dwell and forgive and understand...