Men's Golf Regional Karsten Creek

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
There's controversy in the Stillwater Regional. Apparently a SHSU player isn't able to play today due to close contact with COVID. He tested negative himself but his roommate and 6th player for SHSU tested positive. If twitter is to be believed, he should have been allowed to play alone to keep everyone safe and still help his team out. SHSU is obviously on the bubble here and he was their low scorer at -6 going into today. SHSU is down to just 4 playing today, currently. IF SHSU didnt make it, he was in line to make it as an individual. But that is also not a potential now. VERY unfortunate situation for him and his team.
Sam Houston nutted up and made it with only four players playing meaning they did not have a score to drop. Pretty impressive feat.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
This Albequerque region is crazy. I wish it was televised. OU still in the hunt but 3 strokes out of the cut.
http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=22942
They will probably Sooner Magic their way through like OU teams always seem to do.
They’re close enough and have enough holes left that they don’t need any magic yet. Hope it comes down to that though and the magic fails them. Disappointed to see A&M playing well today. New Mexico and San Diego are my two favorite college golf teams for the next two hours. Ok, 2nd & 3rd favorite. Can’t even drop the orange for two hours.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Crap. They're making a move. Only 2 back of A&M for the 5th spot. San Diego is two strokes ahead of that. I guess if it comes down to A&M and OU for the last spot, that's at least a partial win.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Kansas and TCU were tied for 5th late in their final round but one of the KU guys finished bogey-double bogey and they dropped 3 shots and wound up 7th and TCU held on for 5th. It looks like the Big 12 is going to win 3 of the 6 regional titles.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
And the worst case scenario is going down in Albequerque. OU and A&M are both in the top 5, 1 shot ahead of San Diego. One of their guys played 17 and 18 at 3 over and really hurt their chances.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
OU played some good golf today. Gotta hand it to them, as much as I hate to. San Diego needs to do the Lord's work and eliminate A&M. Maybe one of the OU guys will double bogey 18, but they seem fairly safe.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
San Diego has one hole left, but that guy's score won't count. Ou has one left, but his will count. aggy needs an OU double bogey or they are done. Maybe a bogey, but I have no idea how they break ties.