Meltdown / DOOM Media Setting the Stage

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 28, 2006
For an OU disconnect from OSU. At least that's what it sounds like and that is what they are selling to recruits. Now they are recycling a rumor from 2010 that they were packaging for the big x. I might point out, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!. However, it's all just propaganda and here's why....

Face facts, OU is not in their typical good place. Behind a bit in facilities and a staff that is on a semi warm seat at the moment. They are desperate, (see Mixon tape disappearance) to get some talent to come to Norman. At the end of last season, with full media compliance, the floated an absurd story that they would bowl in the stadium and it would be completed for kickoff of this season. Complete fabrication, why? To help with recruiting. Of course, they are now revising the story and it will be ready for next season. Again a complete fabrication with full media compliance again for recruiting purposes. OU has no intention of leaving the league at all. They just need a good lie to float out on the recruiting circuit. Once again, the goons show they will do anything short of......TBD to win at football.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I will point out that when Okstate started beating the powerhouses of the big IX, they started leaving. Starting with Nebraska. Then we turned on A&M, not sure but I think it was five in a row, then they left. Mizzouri wasn't always a powerhouse but they were dang good when we beat them before they left. Now we are rolling on texas and competing with UO. Can't imagine where they'll go so maybe it's baylor that'll leave next.
While the statements are true this is still dripping with sarcasm:lol:, see?

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
this is basically all old news. I mean Nebraska jumped to Big 10 so no surprise there. A&M of course they were looked and went to SEC which makes much more sense anyway. appreciate people sharing but all this shows is...

SUMMER IS SLOW AND SPORTS WRITERS ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT LOL

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I will point out that when Okstate started beating the powerhouses of the big IX, they started leaving. Starting with Nebraska. Then we turned on A&M, not sure but I think it was five in a row, then they left. Mizzouri wasn't always a powerhouse but they were dang good when we beat them before they left. Now we are rolling on texas and competing with UO. Can't imagine where they'll go so maybe it's baylor that'll leave next.
While the statements are true this is still dripping with sarcasm:lol:, see?
By that logic, Texas Tech should have left the country. Bazinga.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012
For an OU disconnect from OSU. At least that's what it sounds like and that is what they are selling to recruits. Now they are recycling a rumor from 2010 that they were packaging for the big x. I might point out, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!. However, it's all just propaganda and here's why....

Face facts, OU is not in their typical good place. Behind a bit in facilities and a staff that is on a semi warm seat at the moment. They are desperate, (see Mixon tape disappearance) to get some talent to come to Norman. At the end of last season, with full media compliance, the floated an absurd story that they would bowl in the stadium and it would be completed for kickoff of this season. Complete fabrication, why? To help with recruiting. Of course, they are now revising the story and it will be ready for next season. Again a complete fabrication with full media compliance again for recruiting purposes. OU has no intention of leaving the league at all. They just need a good lie to float out on the recruiting circuit. Once again, the goons show they will do anything short of......TBD to win at football.
This is the first I've heard about the Sooners' plan to bowl in their stadium, which is a particularly cunning recruiting tactic. As desperate as it seems, it might actually work. Most college dudes love to go bowling, and just imagine how many lanes they could fit onto a football field! Eat your heart out, Reno, Norman is poised to become the "Littlest Big City in the World"
1400x575_165_50e8378c5de1aee49aa196ed912d2d41.jpg

However, it is possible that I have misinterpreted this whole thing. After all, it seems odd that Boren would build a bowling alley in the football stadium. In that case, I really don't think that the Sooners will gain much of a recruiting advantage with this.
DSC02101.jpg

Either way, I agree with you. This is an absurd idea.

Attachments

Aug 11, 2005
I

I suggest you read the NCAABBS conference realignment board. Tweets are coming out of Texas and the Big10 media. Plus it is well documented that the Big10 TV contract is up for renewal and that it is liklely both Fox and ESPN are involved, which could negate the GOR. And it is not what happened in 2010 but NOW regarding OU and KU.

I guess you don't reads the newspapers. So you are not aware that OU just started something like a $300 million upgrade/expansion to their football stadium, which includes bowling in the South end zone. Their facilities are good enough.

There are apparently legs to this story. Anything could happen

Last edited:

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
I

I suggest you read the NCAABBS conference realignment board. Tweets are coming out of Texas and the Big10 media. Plus it is well documented that the Big10 TV contract is up for renewal and that it is liklely both Fox and ESPN are involved, which could negate the GOR. And it is not what happened in 2010 but NOW regarding OU and KU.

I guess you don't reads the newspapers. So you are not aware that OU just started something like a $300 million upgrade/expansion to their football stadium, which includes bowling in the South end zone. Their facilities are good enough.

There are apparently legs to this story. Anything could happen
This is a proposal which the majority has been postponed due to the oil industry and has been well publicized.

Jul 28, 2006
OU has now given two completion dates that are complete lies. One will pass this season in sept without so much as a shovel of dirt turned. Dean Blevins told the world it would be complete before kickoff this season. They are now saying a minimum two year project from design to completion will be done for next seasons first game. They haven't even started design work or taken bids for civil engineering work. Conspiracy? Then refute what I am saying.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
OU has now given two completion dates that are complete lies. One will pass this season in sept without so much as a shovel of dirt turned. Dean Blevins told the world it would be complete before kickoff this season. They are now saying a minimum two year project from design to completion will be done for next seasons first game. They haven't even started design work or taken bids for civil engineering work. Conspiracy? Then refute what I am saying.
Yeah, refute your conspiracy theory. Because conspiracists often change their minds when facing rational thought.

Jul 28, 2006
Yeah, refute your conspiracy theory. Because conspiracists often change their minds when facing rational thought.
?? Change mind? Nothing has changed and nothing has been refuted. Boren came out with the I'm not in charge, but the big xii has to expand as the salvo. Then the media starts floating absurd stories from 5 years ago that didn't come to fruition. It was all laying the groundwork for the propaganda campaign. Granted the stadium lie and the breakaway rumor are two seperate events, but they were both mentioned in my original theory. The funny part is, you fools all dismiss David Boren, a career politician, as someone who would sell lies for gain. Who's the idiot????

Refute any part of what I said, or like one always does when they have no argument, give me the tinfoil hat line again. Where is the rational thought in screaming conspiracy theorist?

Jul 28, 2006
You won't refute any of it because you can't. I didn't ask you to change my mind. Surely you can't be so naive as to think changing minds is the only reason to debate?