MBB: Despite our best efforts. KU defeats the Cowboys 58-83.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Considering what happened in Stillwater, this was inevitable. I'm not worried about it. Win on Saturday and the second half of the season can still be a sign of progress.
I get the sentiment here, but what I have a hard time with is the total lack of being competitive. In my humble opinion OSU should never be in the position of losing by 30+ for most of the game is not surprising. Even to the #1 team in the country on their home court.

The program has been heading down this path for years, so I’m not putting all the blame on HCMB, but damn I sure hope he gets the program back to where it should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Azubukie and Dotson are some of the best at their position in the nation. Plus it was in the Phog. Plus they are hitting their stride x 10. We need to have a short memory after this one and get after ISU. Getting in the NIT this year is more important than some think it is.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So we win @TCU, win @KSU and then at home vs Tech and ou. I guess we are going to throw up a few stinkers as well vs WVU and KU. Not totally surprising but I would like to see us not lose total composure when we are seemingly out of games. We need to learn to never let up or be sloppy. I believe that's what the coaches need to work on.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
So we win @TCU, win @KSU and then at home vs Tech and ou. I guess we are going to throw up a few stinkers as well vs WVU and KU. Not totally surprising but I would like to see us not lose total composure when we are seemingly out of games. We need to learn to never let up or be sloppy. I believe that's what the coaches need to work on.
They seemed to throw in the towel in the second half of KU and WVU. Undoubtably those are better teams and deserve the wins. We just need to have enough pride and fight until the end. Blowouts May still happen but at least they could hold their heads high

I am a Mike Boynton supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
It appeared to me last night that KU simply had superior athletes and better coaching. Every step they took was faster and stronger, and even though they weren't playing super aggressive or physical on defense, they just pushed us around like rag dolls. They appeared to be on a completely different level than us in every way.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I get the sentiment here, but what I have a hard time with is the total lack of being competitive. In my humble opinion OSU should never be in the position of losing by 30+ for most of the game is not surprising. Even to the #1 team in the country on their home court.

The program has been heading down this path for years, so I’m not putting all the blame on HCMB, but damn I sure hope he gets the program back to where it should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh I agree 100%. It’s inexcusable. But this season, it is what it is. I didn’t let myself get upset because it was easy to see coming.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
It appeared to me last night that KU simply had superior athletes and better coaching. Every step they took was faster and stronger, and even though they weren't playing super aggressive or physical on defense, they just pushed us around like rag dolls. They appeared to be on a completely different level than us in every way.
It looked that way because they 100% are superior athletes. The good news is that we have some DUDES coming in. We need to make sure that this class pans out.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Recap from Frank Bonner II...

Kansas handled an OSU team that came into Allen Fieldhouse having played some of its best basketball of the season over the past six games. The Cowboys won four of their previous six heading into Monday but couldn’t keep up with the Jayhawks.

OSU struggled to stop Udoka Azubuike, who finished with 19 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks. He shot 7-of-8 from the free-throw line.

“If Udoka Azubuike is going to make all of his free throws they’re going to win a national championship,” Boynton said.

The Cowboys have outscored their opponents in the paint in each of their past four wins. Inside scoring has been the key for OSU, but it’s hard to outscore a team in the paint that has Azubuike on its roster. The Jayhawks outscored OSU 28-24 down low on their way to earning their 18th consecutive Big Monday victory. It was also the 36th straight home win on Big Monday for Kansas dating back to 2002.

Kansas started the second half with a 20-7 run that created a 55-32 lead and OSU couldn’t respond. The Cowboys were outscored 48-33 in the second half. Cameron McGriff led OSU with 16 points and Lindy Waters III finished with 11 points in his 100th career start for the Cowboys. Isaac Likekele also had 11 for OSU.
Frank (an Indiana University alum) also recapped what it was like to be in Allen Fieldhouse for the first time

Sep 25, 2006
BA
We looked slow and tired b/c of how good KU is.

Feb 18, 2009
Azubukie and Dotson are some of the best at their position in the nation. Plus it was in the Phog. Plus they are hitting their stride x 10. We need to have a short memory after this one and get after ISU. Getting in the NIT this year is more important than some think it is.
Not if he's going to play 4 seniors on their way out.

If he's actually going to play guys that will be in OSU uniforms next year, I agree.

Last edited:

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
This game score should be planted everywhere in the locker room. Hell, it should be on all the players lock screen. I have a feeling we’ll beat ISU in the Big 12 Tourney and play KU again....I don’t even care if we make the tournament.

Having a rematch against KU and winning would be better than making the tournament. I can’t believe we got embarrassed like that

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Not if he's going to play 4 seniors on their way out.

If he's actually going to play guys that will be in OSU uniforms next year, I agree.
I see what you’re saying and I don’t disagree. Kalib needs to be playing a ton of minutes right now. He’s deserved it and it’s important he gets them from here on out. Also theres no excuse for Laurent to have the kind of minute advantage that he does over Keylan right now. ZERO. I really don’t know if they feel bad because he chose to come here as a grad transfer or what but that needs to stop. He has shown some flashes and has helped over the last few weeks but damn...roll the Boone’s out together more. Their chemistry is going to be the foundation of this team in 2 to 3 years.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This game score should be planted everywhere in the locker room. Hell, it should be on all the players lock screen. I have a feeling we’ll beat ISU in the Big 12 Tourney and play KU again....I don’t even care if we make the tournament.

Having a rematch against KU and winning would be better than making the tournament. I can’t believe we got embarrassed like that
Why this one? That was the TENTH double digit loss this season. One of those losses was by 35. The Wichita State game we made a late run at home or it would have been 30. They’ve had plenty of opportunity to be tired of getting their butts kicked.

The issue is that this team isn’t any good. There are things they can do to make themselves better, but there’s just not the ability to keep up with good teams who are playing well—especially a team with a big man.

This was at least the sixth or seventh half this year when the team wasn’t even competitive.

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Why this one? That was the TENTH double digit loss this season. One of those losses was by 35. The Wichita State game we made a late run at home or it would have been 30. They’ve had plenty of opportunity to be tired of getting their butts kicked.

The issue is that this team isn’t any good. There are things they can do to make themselves better, but there’s just not the ability to keep up with good teams who are playing well—especially a team with a big man.

This was at least the sixth or seventh half this year when the team wasn’t even competitive.
Because this is the only one where the walk-ons got in. In my eyes, that is the ultimate form of disrespect. Kinda like when Perine took that knee at the one yard line in Bedlam ‘16.