MBB: “This is Where We Turn it Around” Cowboys Snaps 6 game losing streak with a Win against TexasA&M

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Man feels good to get a win again. Good to see Anei play with some confidence hope he's coming out of his funk.
Looks like Ice and Anei (the 2 players that looked really good early in the season) are getting back to form.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Boynton was the first D1 coach to offer Cade a scholarship. Boynton and Cade build a relationship years before Canaan was offered a job. So maybe Canaan only accepted the job because he already knew Cade was going to commit to OSU?
So naive
You're right, it's not a possibility at all. Zero percent. Not even remotely possible. I'm totally naive. At least I'm not close minded though, right?

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
This is a must win simply for the fact that aTm fans will talk entirely too much crap if they beat us in football and basketball. They'll act we've never ever beat them in anything ever.
Who would have known there were that many Aggies around to brag about beating us? I didn't know we cared that much about what the Aggies thought?
I never hear any Aggies bragging about beating us.

Where do you live, bro?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
But wwwwwait, I thought we were firing MB. Some said he shouldn't even finish the season.

Congratz on the win, but you are a fickle lot. heh.
One win against a horrible team doesn't change my concerns about HCMB. If I see marked improvement and actual wins in conference then it'll go a long way for me.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You have already seen marked improvement in the last two losses. Now we just need the wins.
Marked improvement? Not really. I saw the same offense with shots falling. Defense still leaves 3-pt shooters wide open every other possession. A&M just couldn't take advantage of their open looks.

Don't get me wrong - I think there are a few encouraging things going right now. Ice getting back to himself, Yor and Dizzy coming off the bench. Trying more man defense. Being more aggressive with full court pressure. A little better ball movement and patience in the halfcourt. But all of it is just marginal improvement. And again, if it doesn't produce wins in conference then it just doesn't matter. Especially if we're not getting more mins for the youngsters.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
You're right, it's not a possibility at all. Zero percent. Not even remotely possible. I'm totally naive. At least I'm not close minded though, right?
Look at the facts, Cannen, had how much coaching experience? Then a D1 Power 5 conference offers him a job coaching. It so happens his brother is the best recruit in the nation. Do you honestly think we offer him a job without that, and in what world would he turn down that huge salary bump, from video editor of scouting at tulane to coach the bigs at Oklahoma State.

Anyone looking at it from a realistic point of view can see why he was hired.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Look at the facts, Cannen, had how much coaching experience? Then a D1 Power 5 conference offers him a job coaching. It so happens his brother is the best recruit in the nation. Do you honestly think we offer him a job without that, and in what world would he turn down that huge salary bump, from video editor of scouting at tulane to coach the bigs at Oklahoma State.

Anyone looking at it from a realistic point of view can see why he was hired.
Im not discounting your facts, but you also state a lot of opinions and speculation. I also stated two undisputable facts in my original post and then you called me naive. You're speculating just like I am after the facts, so don't act like you know 100% why and how things went down.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Texas A&M got a road win against a decent Tennessee team tonight. They are now 4-3 in SEC play. Other than the late lapse, they could barely stay on the court against us, yet our closest Big 12 loss has been 7. Is the Big 12 just that good?

Aug 16, 2012
Texas A&M got a road win against a decent Tennessee team tonight. They are now 4-3 in SEC play. Other than the late lapse, they could barely stay on the court against us, yet our closest Big 12 loss has been 7. Is the Big 12 just that good?
Read an article within the past week, possibly by Trammell but could have been a national feed, that said only four are getting in. Just food for thought

Oct 30, 2007
IMO, It comes down to coaching. Big 12 coaches know our program well. They know our players and the systems we run. They know how to take away the things we do well. Non-conference opponents don't have this level of familiarity, so it's easier to have success against them.

Half of the coaches in our league are likely to end up being in the Hall of Fame. This is the wrong conference to hire an inexperienced coach and hope he learns on the job.

Last edited:

Well

Is this really just a dream?
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Half of the coaches in our league are likely to end up being in the Hall of Fame This is the wrong conference to hire an inexperienced coach and hope he learns on the job.
Agreed. It's funny though that the powers that be, either haven't figured it out, or don't care. Either way it is a sad statement for the university.

Mar 27, 2008
Also this clip from that game last night is funny...

https://twitter.com/austinpriceless/status/1222334279247716352?s=21