Matt Wells fired

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2011
My guess is they want to give Cumbie a chance as an interim. But they are creating the opening with all intentions to go after Sonny Dykes.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
What's up with that? Tech is 5-3.
Their last 4 games are all against ranked opponents. Their game this past weekend against K-State was probably their best chance to get bowl eligible. I'm not surprised that this happened, but I am surprised it happened mid year.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Apparently other Big 12 coaches on the hot seat are Kleinman at KSU and Brown at WVU. TT probably wants to hire another coach quickly. If Aranda and Campbell leave for LSU and USC, Big 12 will have many new HC next year.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2006
Apparently other Big 12 coaches on the hot seat are Kleinman at KSU and Brown at WVU. TT probably wants to hire another coach quickly. If Aranda and Campbell leave for LSU and USC, Big 12 will have many new HC next year.
Makes our new AD look pretty smart locking up Gundy under the new contract.

Stability is going to be super important over the next few years as the realignment hunger games continue. It's every school for themselves now. Can't count on a conference affiliation to bail you out.

Sep 6, 2014
They must know they are gonna get Sonny because other then getting their doors blown off by Texas, they have shown improvement this year. Sonny Dykes at Tech can be a problem in the Big 12 like Leach was

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
well, now they will hire one of those great coaches that have already won a NC and are racing to be HC at TTU and TTU will become the national power that the fans want it to be. Oh, and they'll beat Ou too. . . .

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I think Campbell is more likely to go to Penn State after Franklin leaves for USC. Also Tech may go after UTSA coach Jeff Traylor. He is a legend in Texas high school coaching and it looks like some Tech people actually prefer him to Dykes.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I think Campbell is more likely to go to Penn State after Franklin leaves for USC. Also Tech may go after UTSA coach Jeff Traylor. He is a legend in Texas high school coaching and it looks like some Tech people actually prefer him to Dykes.
I've heard Traylor is who the fans want as well from all the Tech people I know, some who work in the media for them as well. Who knows what their AD etc will want though.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
This isn't true. I have heard it from the highest authority that he is probably the best coach in history and after he gets his #1 recruiting classes ready, its go time. It takes a decade of them to undo Dana's tank job.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
This isn't true. I have heard it from the highest authority that he is probably the best coach in history and after he gets his #1 recruiting classes ready, its go time. It takes a decade of them to undo Dana's tank job.
Got your ear on that New Orleans pipeline, eh?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I just have to say what HCMG said about Dr. Schrum has me very very excited for our future at OSU in Football and more importantly everything else. Don't get me wrong, Burns was amazing and will live forever in our lore, but I'm equally excited now especially with what Mike says about her.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I've heard Traylor is who the fans want as well from all the Tech people I know, some who work in the media for them as well. Who knows what their AD etc will want though.
Yurcich should come back here after Campbell takes the Penn State job. I thought Fickell would be in the running for one of these openings?

Last edited: