Matt Gaetz under investigation for sex trafficking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Dallas, but it's not so much the place as much as it is the fact that I have no friends here. I lived in the Dallas area for basically my entire adult life so all my fishing and drinking buddies are down there. Of course the winters are brutal, which certainly contributes to that feeling of isolation.
Yeah, I try to remind myself that winters could be worse in Nebraska. I could be in Minnesota. I can deal with the cold, but the lack of daylight around Christmas and new years still gets me every time.

Hopefully you're able to get out and do a bit more there soon. The quality of local breweries in Nebraska was a nice surprise, if you're into that kind of thing.

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah, I try to remind myself that winters could be worse in Nebraska. I could be in Minnesota. I can deal with the cold, but the lack of daylight around Christmas and new years still gets me every time.

Hopefully you're able to get out and do a bit more there soon. The quality of local breweries in Nebraska was a nice surprise, if you're into that kind of thing.
Agreed, I go to Local quite a bit here and they have all the area breweries represented. I also just got a lake cabin on Truman lake in MO, so now that winter is over, I'm spending more time there.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Just want to remind folks that Gaetz still sits on the Judiciary Committee ..the committee that oversees the Fed LE entities that are investigating him.

IF AOC was on the Judiciary Committee and had an acquaintance send a confession letter that her and one of her friends had sex with an underage boy for money.....How many people on this board would be calling for AOC to be removed immediately from the committee that would oversee the investigation into this??

Nov 6, 2010
Just want to remind folks that Gaetz still sits on the Judiciary Committee ..the committee that oversees the Fed LE entities that are investigating him.

IF AOC was on the Judiciary Committee and had an acquaintance send a confession letter that her and one of her friends had sex with an underage boy for money.....How many people on this board would be calling for AOC to be removed immediately from the committee that would oversee the investigation into this??
This is what makes this issue so much fun for me. Mark my words, Gaetz has a bright future in today's republican party. The only thing that matters is that he will do anything and everything for Trump. They are going to run off Romney, Cheney, and anyone else that dares be honest and decent in favor of guys like this. So any of you that vote republican and have the audacity to wag your fingers at me can GFYS to quote my friend @NotOnTV , wherever the heck he's gone off to.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
This is what makes this issue so much fun for me. Mark my words, Gaetz has a bright future in today's republican party. The only thing that matters is that he will do anything and everything for Trump. They are going to run off Romney, Cheney, and anyone else that dares be honest and decent in favor of guys like this. So any of you that vote republican and have the audacity to wag your fingers at me can GFYS to quote my friend @NotOnTV , wherever the heck he's gone off to.

Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
I want to know why the GOP in DC isn't sending the same message the GOP members of this board are to Gaetz. I'm not sure the Party leadership in DC is lining up to the actual members of their own party on this.
That's silly. Both have violated their responsibilities to either their party or human decency. The GOP has a right to deal with their members as they see fit aside from lawlessness. If she wasn't gay you wouldn't give two squats about her and wouldn't conflate her issue with his.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
That's silly. Both have violated their responsibilities to either their party or human decency. The GOP has a right to deal with their members as they see fit aside from lawlessness. If she wasn't gay you wouldn't give two squats about her and wouldn't conflate her issue with his.
What exactly did Cheney do that was wrong?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Aside from not towing the party line nothing as far as I'm concerned. She's no fool and knew what would happen. If one wants to be controversial, one must accept the consequences that come with that decision. So, let her suffer the slings and arrows of her peers.
So if she isn't towing the party line and not carrying the GOP message forward.

What is the message? What did she do that was controversial?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
How has Cheney violated her responsibilities to her party or human decency?