Matt Gaetz under investigation for sex trafficking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Once they got older, same disgust. When they were in their 20s? Less disgust.

Also, crazy as it sounds, yes, politicians should be held to a higher standard than coked out rockers.
So, sliding scale then?? How about Rupert Murdoch's wife?? He is 90, she is 52. OK?? Not OK?? Financial arrangement, no??
Married. Creepy, but married is different than prostitution.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Not sure how it's different from any other "rule." The premise behind your question seems likely to be that because these "rules" are arbitrarily created through malleable social norms, then they aren't valid. If you're gonna go that route, let me introduce you to the most intense wing of the libertarian party.

To your credit, I do think most people who claim moral high ground on sexual issues are hypocrites, I just disagree with you on this one, though I will concede that certain websites would seem to suggest that most men, even older men, are really into very young women. I'm just not one of them.
Completely fair, thanks! I personally, have never engaged in anything like what the congressman has been accused of. But I also recognize I've never been in a position where such a thing would be tempting and readily available. Hell my entire life has been lived in the bible belt, and most of it while happily married. I'm willing to give a little latitude to a single guy with plenty of opportunity in South Beach.
If he had plenty of opportunity, then why so young. Why even make it close.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Never been to one, never will. I'm not perfect I'll admit, but in my mid 30's I would not have tried to hook up with anyone younger than my wife. She's 3 years younger than I. Granted I haven't tried to hook up with anyone since being married anyway.
You need to stop trying to justify this. The guy did an illegal thing it sounds like, and if found guilty, will be sentenced for it.
Just be done.

It's a dumb example. I went to a few in my 20's and yeah they were great when I was 23 but I haven't been that guy in a long time. At 41 I can't see myself ever doing that again.

But at the end of the day if you go to a strip club nothing illegal happens. It's a perfectly legal business and 22 year old girls are using their sexuality to profit off old dudes with money so I question who is exploiting who. But on the other end you have a creep grooming children and paying them off when they are technically legal. That's just gross

Sep 22, 2011
I wouldn't.

He still violated several laws if that was the case.

Would anyone be okay with an elected representative violating the law by engaging in prostitution?
That is what I was getting at, the team protecting was at an alarming level in this thread earlier

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
That is what I was getting at, the team protecting was at an alarming level in this thread earlier
In these kinds of deals where are the dads? When a smarmy celebrity like Gaetz is using women how do the adult males in the family not show up? When Gaetz is chasing young women no male relative shows up. I'm not saying fighting or anything like that solves this, but the young females need male support when Jack wagons are on the loose.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Not equivalent, but in the same ballpark. The reason this thread went nuclear is because I said basically I could understand the temptation and am not going to roast him for falling into that trap. Now yes, I misspoke about the illegality, assuming everything he's been accused of is true, but the gist of my position is the moral aspect of all this.

How about this one?? How many 18 year olds do you think Robert Plant or Mick Jagger nailed when they were in their mid 30's? Same disgust, or accepted because of the profession??
Don't you realize you just keep making it worse?

Nov 6, 2010
This is fun for you?
Absolutely, watching all this head exploding outrage is great! The only thing that will top it is when this guy comes out and says he's found Jesus, or is going into therapy for sex addiction and then watch all the conservatives on here be ready to put him on the ballot in 2024, LOL.

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Don't you realize you just keep making it worse?
Absolutely, watching all this head exploding outrage is great! The only thing that will top it is when this guy comes out and says he's found Jesus, or is going into therapy for sex addiction and then watch all the conservatives on here be ready to put him on the ballot in 2024, LOL.
Do you enjoy causing commotion in your real life too? You would be quite exhausting to be around all the time

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
This is the internet, pal. Things are way too serious to be pulling stunts like this.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
No heads are exploding.

All I see is people rightfully calling the allegations for what they are if true....creepy and illegal....and you trying to argue that they are neither.

*shoulder shrug*

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
No heads are exploding.

All I see is people rightfully calling the allegations for what they are if true....creepy and illegal....and you trying to argue that they are neither.

*shoulder shrug*
Another aspect to consider is this is a public forum of comments by mostly OSU fans. I'm glad that the response was very clear that most OSU fans on this board do not hold his values related to this topic. I don't consider it "heads exploding." He's an outlier, and a troll.

Nov 6, 2010
Where were you before Omaha? It's not usually that boring of a place compared with Oklahoma. It's no new Orleans, but it's basically identical to Tulsa.
Dallas, but it's not so much the place as much as it is the fact that I have no friends here. I lived in the Dallas area for basically my entire adult life so all my fishing and drinking buddies are down there. Of course the winters are brutal, which certainly contributes to that feeling of isolation.