Massey Now predicts us at 5-7 updated 9/12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Everything is still winnable outside of ISU and OU. Texas sucks, Texas Tech sucks and barely beat Stephen F Austin, K-State was good but lost Skylar Thompson and almost lost to the Salukis. Baylor looks to be better than Tech. I'd say WVU is a 50/50 game as well as TCU who struggled to beat California. With some amount of offensive improvement in the form of O=Line play, Spencer getting clue, continued development of young star receivers and most importantly better play calling we could be right back to that 8-4 or 9-3 range. I am not confident about winning at Boise at this point.
I like your post...But, ISU is majorly winnable...in fact I expect us to win that one...Did you watch them vs Iowa yesterday...and the week prior vs Northern Iowa? They are struggling more than us and some of our fans want to put a gravestone on the season before it even starts.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I like your post...But, ISU is majorly winnable...in fact I expect us to win that one...Did you watch them vs Iowa yesterday...and the week prior vs Northern Iowa? They are struggling more than us and some of our fans want to put a gravestone on the season before it even starts.
Now that you mention it, I agree with that. We're going to lose one or two we shouldn't just because we have to do everything so perfectly to win. I really think our defense is really good and potentially better than last year as the season goes on, but not if they keep getting left out on the field with repeated 3 and outs. That will break the back of the best defense late in the game.

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
First thought is to agree because our OL looks like trash, but we started the same way two or three years ago and somehow still managed 9 or 10 wins. Might be some frustrating games ahead that could still go our way.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
I think I’m going to have to disagree with him on this update, I think his 7-5 prediction was closer to where we will be. I understand we have been less than impressive but so has every other Big XII team, we will fix some stuff schematically and I think our defense is top 2 or 3 in conference, if not #1, that alone should get us some wins.
I bolded your key fallacy.

I know you all want to believe that we're on the same page as the other Big 12 teams but that is not true at all. K-State and TCU are undefeated against FAR better competition than us, so as far as I'm concerned, those are the Big 12's best right now. They are on a different level than anyone else.

If we miraculously beat Boise we can join that level... I do believe Boise is good despite the late mistakes that buried them in the early AM game on the road at UCF.

We are roughly on the same level as Texas, OU, WVU, TTU, Baylor, Kansas, or ISU. The common thread is we've all struggled with FCS/GO5 competition and have not shown an ability to decisively beat an actual good team.