Massey Now predicts us at 5-7 updated 9/12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Preseason, Massey was showing us as a 9-3 record with losses to OU,Tex,ISU.

After week 1, West Virginia and Texas Tech are now predicted as losses. And frankly, Kansas State looks to me like a very concerning game.

So the idea of something like 6-6 I think is now much more probable than I would have given it last week at this time.

As others have mentioned, yes, we had a lot of players out so maybe its not as bad as it looked last night. But I saw several teams in the league look better week 1 than we did, and most of those teams were playing better opponents than we were.

Looks like the Coaches have some work to do...

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Let me know when Massey puts on pads and making plays in a game and I will consider what he has to say.

Oct 30, 2007

After week 1, West Virginia and Texas Tech are now predicted as losses. And frankly, Kansas State looks to me like a very concerning game.

So the idea of something like 6-6 I think is now much more probable than I would have given it last week at this time.

As others have mentioned, yes, we had a lot of players out so maybe its not as bad as it looked last night. But I saw several teams in the league look better week 1 than we did, and most of those teams were playing better opponents than we were.

Yes, Tulsa Kansas and Baylor are winnable, ttech is 50/50, not sure on Boise but at their place they are a favorite.

No starters out for the OL, so we are going to struggle to average more than 25 per game. Sterling out for Tulsa first half. The D did not get pressure without blitzing so real opponents will shred that. Also we refuse to cover RBs so that is a major problem but at least it is fixable. Run D was okay but against BY FAR the worst opponent other than Kansas it was also not impressive.

Pile on that our O scheme is beyond pedestrian. All opponents can predict what we are going to do. No misdirection is ever used so run your base D and we will struggle to score. Obviously three DL is all you need to stuff the run. Opponents game prep for us is simple fundamentals like tackling, no scheme needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Some of you are pleased we miraculously beat Mizz State. Not Miss State. Mizz State.

That some of you are truly pathetic. Thank god you're not related to me because I wouldn't tolerate my own kin being this pathetic.

Let me know when Massey puts on pads and making plays in a game and I will consider what he has to say.
Smart guy. You only trust predictive analytics from someone with chronic traumatic encephalopathy from years of targeting penalties and other violent tackles.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Some of you are pleased we miraculously beat Mizz State. Not Miss State. Mizz State.

That some of you are truly pathetic. Thank god you're not related to me because I wouldn't tolerate my own kin being this pathetic.

Smart guy. You only trust predictive analytics from someone with chronic traumatic encephalopathy from years of targeting penalties and other violent tackles.
So, overreacting is the best way to deal with a crappy game?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma

They are stats, that is all.
I have never said I was pleased, I can see there is plenty to work on for the team.
mom the other hand you seem please to see the sky is falling.

Apr 27, 2006
The reality is that in the current situation we need to be shining like a big ole diamond in a little billie goat's ass instead of stinking to high heaven.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
There’s a reason coaches and experts say the biggest improvements are made between the first and second week.

Take a deep breath and watch this gif.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

……No starters out for the OL, so we are going to struggle to average more than 25 per game.
Wrong!

Hunter Woodard, one of our best offensive linemen was out for this game causing the line to have to shuffle. Totally jacked with the chemistry and Jake Springfield was getting burned all night. The O-Line will be a lot better against Tulsa if Hunter is back!

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Wrong!

Hunter Woodard, one of our best offensive linemen was out for this game causing the line to have to shuffle. Totally jacked with the chemistry and Jake Springfield was getting burned all night. The O-Line will be a lot better against Tulsa if Hunter is back!
I hope you’re right, but I am beyond sick of being one or two injuries from a total collapse of our offensive line. I know it takes time, but how many seasons does it take? It seems like the same story every year.

I’m sincere about this and not trying to be snarky.