Mass Shooting(s)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The veteran who helped disarm the gunman at gay club says he followed his instincts npr

(I'll just go ahead and say what I'm thinking...wish they would have killed the dude/POS)

When Army veteran Rich Fierro realized a gunman was spraying bullets inside the club where he had gathered with friends and family, instincts from his military training immediately kicked in...
Fierro is one of two people police are crediting with saving lives by subduing a 22-year-old man armed with multiple firearms, including an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle, who went on a shooting rampage Saturday night at Club Q, a well-known gathering place for the LGBTQ community in Colorado Springs. Five people were killed and at least 17 wounded...
Looking up from the floor, Fierro saw the shooter's body armor and the crowd that had fled to the club's patio. Moving toward the attacker, Fierro grasped the body armor, yanked the shooter down while yelling at another patron, Thomas James, to move the rifle out of reach.
As the shooter was pinned under a barrage of punches from Fierro and kicks to the head from James, he tried to reach for his pistol. Fierro grabbed it and used it as a bludgeon.
"I tried to finish him," he said...
"I love them," Fierro said of the city's LGBTQ community. "I have nothing but love."
Fierro served three tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, and said he's dealt with violence. That's what he signed up for. "Nobody in that club asked to do this," he said, but everyone "is going to have to live with it now."
It’s coming. People have had enough. Mass shootings aren't always in the news. At a party. At a home. At a fight. Several stories lately of the shooter getting their punishment before law enforcement gets there.

Jan 3, 2014
Walmart employee fired on co-workers in break room; 6 dead apnews

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) — A Walmart manager opened fire on fellow employees gathered in the break room of a Virginia store, a witness said Wednesday. Six people were killed in the country’s second high-profile mass killing in a handful of days.
The gunman also killed himself, (at least there's this...) Chesapeake Police Chief Mark G. Solesky said. There was no clear motive for the shooting, which also left four people in the hospital.

Employee Briana Tyler told ABC’s “Good Morning America” that workers had gathered in the store’s break room as part of their regular routine ahead of their shifts.
“I looked up, and my manager just opened the door and he just opened fire,” she said, adding that “multiple people” dropped to the floor.
“He didn’t say a word, he didn’t say anything at all,” she said.

A database run by The Associated Press, USA Today and Northeastern University that tracks every mass killing in America going back to 2006 shows this year has been especially bad. The U.S. has now had 40 mass killings so far this year, second to the 45 that occurred for all of 2019. The database defines a mass killing as at least four people killed, not including the killer.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1595268203516596224?t=U8oGeknWvw4VKRb-vYhTrg&s=19
If you can fight fire with fire, then fight hate with hate. She has fallen for the insanity that the far Christain right has been putting out. To them sex education should be banned. Children are better off finding out about sex with themselves, especially if parents don't want to educate them. Not enough attention is being giving to doing something about trafficking of young women and children.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you can fight fire with fire, then fight hate with hate. She has fallen for the insanity that the far Christain right has been putting out. To them sex education should be banned. Children are better off finding out about sex with themselves, especially if parents don't want to educate them. Not enough attention is being giving to doing something about trafficking of young women and children.
Tucker is doing exactly the same thing the other side was doing by politicizing this for his own agenda. I would think you would want to walk away from this news event considering you were so quick to post articles siting LGBT hate as the motive, and continue along that path.

Turns out the shooter is non Binary and wants to be referred to as "Mx Aldrich".

Jan 3, 2014
Battered Colorado Springs shooting suspect appears in wheelchair at hearing reuters

DENVER, Nov 23 (Reuters) - The suspect in a mass shooting that killed five people and wounded 17 at a Colorado Springs LGBTQ nightclub appeared in a court hearing on Wednesday with obvious facial injuries, mumbling their name while slumped to the side in a wheelchair.

The initial hearing, conducted by video link from jail, was the public's first look at Anderson Lee Aldrich since the shooting and the suspect's beating by club patrons late Saturday night and early Sunday morning.
Though officials have not detailed the injuries, the suspected shooter was pummeled and pistol-whipped by Richard Fierro, a decorated former Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, in a successful effort to stop further bloodshed at Club Q in Colorado's second-largest city. At least two others were also involved in kicking and subduing the suspect.
When Judge Ankeny asked the defendant to state a name, Aldrich, after a pause, uttered a barely intelligible response. Aldrich also answered a pair of procedural questions "yes" and "no."

1669302065655.png

1669302093399.png

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Nice. Fentanyl deaths mean nothing huh? Truth doesn’t matter to some.
If you weren't using it to minimize gun deaths, I think you'd get a different reaction. The two issues are more similar than they are different. We are international outliers in both, especially for wealthy countries. Both have legitimate purposes that when abused have deadly consequences.

If you weren't using it to minimize gun deaths, I think you'd get a different reaction. The two issues are more similar than they are different. We are international outliers in both, especially for wealthy countries. Both have legitimate purposes that when abused have deadly consequences.
Wasn’t trying to minimize gun deaths, just pointing out the lack of outrage over the other, when it is clearly leaps and bounds more of a problem than mass shootings.

Jan 3, 2014
Wasn’t trying to minimize gun deaths, just pointing out the lack of outrage over the other, when it is clearly leaps and bounds more of a problem than mass shootings.
I don't worry or think about getting killed by fentanyl while out shopping, eating, working...the outrage is that innocent people just minding their own business are being killed...

Vakarian74

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 2, 2010
Oklahoma City
There’s plenty of outrage over fentanyl. I see reports on it all the time. Just because you don’t think it is viewed that way doesn’t mean it’s not. But you bringing it up in this thread is definitely trying to down play gun deaths especially with the link you provided.

Vakarian74

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 2, 2010
Oklahoma City
I don't worry or think about getting killed by fentanyl while out shopping, eating, working...the outrage is that innocent people just minding their own business are being killed...
This. Fentanyl deaths are tragic but for the most part they are done by an individual to themselves. Mass shooting are a terror causing event. That one event affects the way people live their lives. And before anyone comes with I don’t live in fear what about schools having to do active shooter drills. That’s just one way our lives have been effected by mass shootings.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Not sure where you've been. I mean, we just got treated to amped up fears about fentanyl in Halloween candy. I'd argue there are so many stories about fentanyl deaths that it becomes like background noise. A quick Google News search gives you an absurd number of results. Lack of coverage isn't the problem.

Screenshot_20221124_105735_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221124_105735_Chrome.jpg

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Are you saying that you do walk around worrying about getting shot while shopping, eating, and working? That thought doesn't enter my head at all. I mean, I'm not saying it isn't a possibility that it could happen, but I'll deal with it if I ever get into that situation. I'm not going to walk around in fear until then.

Jan 3, 2014
Are you saying that you do walk around worrying about getting shot while shopping, eating, and working? That thought doesn't enter my head at all. I mean, I'm not saying it isn't a possibility that it could happen, but I'll deal with it if I ever get into that situation. I'm not going to walk around in fear until then.
giphy (12).gif